|Brandon Maxwell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 18, 1984|
Brandon Maxwell is an American fashion designer, director, television personality, and photographer who first came to prominence in 2012 as the fashion director of Lady Gaga. He has also garnered recognition for his eponymous fashion label as well as for being one of the judges on Project Runway. He has more than 600k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter and Facebook.
Brandon Vance Maxwell
Longview, Texas, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Brandon attended Trinity School of Texas in his hometown of Longview.
He got enrolled at Marymount Manhattan College in 2002 to study painting but dropped out after 2 years. He then went to St. Edward’s University in Texas and received his B.A. degree in Photocommunications in 2008.
Fashion Designer, Television Personality, Photographer, Director
- Father – Mike Maxwell (Former COO at Glazer’s Distributors, Anglican Priest)
- Mother – Pam Woolley
- Siblings – Kady Maxwell (Younger Sister), Ben Woolley (Younger Half-Brother), Bianca LaFleur (Younger Half-Sister), Dylan Woolley (Younger Half-Brother)
- Others – Gordon Woolley (Stepfather), Louise Johnson (Maternal Grandmother)
Brandon is represented by Anne Nelson of IMG Models.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Brandon Maxwell has dated –
- Jessy Price – Brandon got engaged to his longtime boyfriend, photographer Jessy Price in 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Dimpled smile
- Wears square eyeglasses
- Dimpled chin
Apart from promoting his luxury fashion label ‘Brandon Maxwell’, he had also endorsed ‘Kia Motors’ in 2019.
Brandon Maxwell Facts
- He became one of Lady Gaga‘s closest confidants after assuming the role of her fashion director in 2012. He had previously assisted Gaga’s stylist Nicola Formichetti from 2010 to 2012.
- In 2019, Maxwell joined the judging panel of the reality series, Project Runway. His co-judges were Nina Garcia and Elaine Welteroth with Karlie Kloss stepping in as the host.
- He was responsible for creating Lady Gaga’s sensational costume at the 2019 Met Gala (Theme – Camp: Notes on Fashion). Her 16-minute long appearance involved 4 live costume changes beginning with a fuchsia gown with a 25-foot long train, followed by a billowing black gown and black umbrella, which was unzipped to reveal a bright pink gown with sunglasses, and her last look included a Swarovski diamond-encrusted black bra and underwear with extra high platform boots.
- Brandon has a French Bulldog named Stella.
- His designs have been worn by top female celebrities like Oprah Winfrey, Michelle Obama, Blake Lively, Meghan Markle, Queen Rania of Jordan, Jennifer Lawrence, Tiffany Haddish, etc.
- Brandon was declared as the CFDA “Womenswear Designer of the Year” in 2019. Additionally, he had also received the CFDA Swarovski Award for Womenswear in 2016.
Featured Image by Brandon Maxwell / Instagram