|Carmen Ejogo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||October 22, 1973|
Carmen Ejogo is a British actor, singer, voice actor, and producer who has gained popularity with her roles in movies like Boycott, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, The Purge: Anarchy, What’s the Worst That Could Happen?, Alex Cross, Selma, The Avengers, It Comes at Night, Metro, Love’s Labour’s Lost, Alien: Covenant, Away We Go, Lackawanna Blues, Sparkle, Boycott, Sally Hemings: An American Scandal, and Roman J. Israel, Esq. Her television roles include playing Turner in the crime drama series Kidnapped, Addie in the drama limited series Self Made, Fay Carson in the comedic drama series CHAOS, Lee Delamere in the drama series Your Honor, Bria Jones in the anthology drama series The Girlfriend Experience, Amelia Reardon in the anthology crime drama series True Detective, Blinda in the four-part drama series Cold Lazarus, and Rebecca “Beck” Riley in the conspiracy series Zero Hour.
Carmen Elizabeth Ejogo
Kensington, London, England, United Kingdom
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Till 1984, she got educated at the Oratory Primary Roman Catholic primary school in Chelsea.
She completed her education at the Godolphin and Latymer School for girls in Hammersmith, West London.
Actor, Singer, Voice Actor, Producer
- Father – Charles Ejogo
- Mother – Elizabeth Douglas
- Siblings – Charles Ejogo, Jr. (Younger Brother) (Entrepreneur)
She has been managed by –
- Authentic Talent and Literary Management
- Anonymous Content, Talent Management Company, Culver City, California, United States
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Carmen Ejogo has dated –
- Tricky (1998) – Carmen Ejogo and English hip-hop artist Tricky dated and got married for a short period in 1998.
- Jeffrey Wright (2000-2014) – The British actor and American actor Jeffrey Wright first met on the sets of HBO’s Boycott. They got married in 2000. The couple had two children together, son Elijah Wright and daughter Juno Wright. The couple got divorced in 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
She is of Nigerian (on her father’s side) and Scottish (on her mom’s side) descent.
- Wit and intelligence
- Positive attitude
35-25-35 in or 89-63.5-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
Best Known For
Movies like What’s the Worst That Could Happen? (2001), Away We Go (2009), Sparkle (2012), Alex Cross (2012), Selma (2014), The Purge: Anarchy (2014).
She made her acting debut in the 1986 rock musical film Absolute Beginners as Carmen.
First TV Show
She began her television career in the U.K. in 1993 as a presenter for the kids series Saturday Disney.
As a Singer
Carmen was the lead vocalist for English DJ Alex Reece’s Candles song. The actor has also been a vocalist for Slowly, a song by her former husband Tricky.
She has sung the vocals for the 2000 film Love’s Labour’s Lost. She is seen on the original soundtrack album and movie Sparkle. She sang lead for the song “Yes I Do” and performed lead vocals with Tika Sumpter and Jordin Sparks for “Jump”, “Hooked On Your Love” and “Something He Can Feel”.
Carmen Ejogo Favorite Things
- Dish – Eggplant and squash curry
- Artist – Marina Abramovic
- Dignitaries – Nelson Mandela
- Pastime – Swimming, Painting
- Desserts – Banoffee pie, crème brulée, panna cotta
- Band – Little Dragon
Carmen Ejogo Facts
- Carmen Ejogo is a high IQ organization ‘MENSA’ member.
- She played Coretta Scott King in Boycott in 2001, and actually met the King and got blessings before her role in Boycott (2001).
- She used to have her own video show titled The Carmen Ejogo Video Show that was broadcast on the BSB’s Power Station channel.
- She has been an active participant in the music industry. Ejogo has collaborated and sung vocals with several artists since the 1990s.
- Carmen Ejogo is a supporter of LGBT advocacy group Lambda Legal’s marriage equality campaign.
- She has been living in New York for over 15 years but is not an American citizen.
- Alongside David Oyelowo, Tom Wilkinson, Giovanni Ribisi, Alessandro Nivola, Cuba Gooding Jr., Tim Roth, and Oprah Winfrey, she co-starred as Coretta Scott King, the wife of Martin Luther King Jr., in the critically-acclaimed 2014 historical drama film Selma. For this role, Carmen Ejogo won the 2015 Black Reel Award for “Best Supporting Actress, Motion Picture” and the 2015 NAACP Image Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture”.
- She co-starred as Katrina Ridgeway in the 2019 crime drama mystery film Rattlesnake.