|Cha Eun-woo Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 30, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Cha Eun-woo is a South Korean singer, actor, model, and host who is known for being a part of the k-pop boy band, Astro, alongside JinJin, MJ, Moon Bin, Rocky, and Yoon San-ha. Over the course of time, Astro has released a number of EPs, albums, and singles such as All Light, Spring Up, Summer Vibes, Autumn Story, Rise Up, Hide & Seek, Breathless, Always You, and All Night and has also amassed more than 3 million followers on Instagram, more than 2 million followers on Twitter, more than 2 million subscribers on YouTube, and more than a million followers on Facebook. The band has also won a number of awards such as Soribada Best K-Music Award, SBS Power FM Cultwo Show Award, Seoul Music Award, Asia Artist Award, and many others. Moreover, Cha Eun-woo has branched out as an actor and a host as well and has appeared on a variety of shows and movies which include the likes of My Brilliant Life, The Best Hit, Gangnam Beauty, Rookie Historian Goo Hae-ryung, To Be Continued, Sweet Revenge, Super Hearer, and Show! Music Core. He has also garnered a rather impressive social media fan base for himself with more than 4 million followers on his individual Instagram account.
Cha Eun-woo, Morning Alarm, White Tee Guy, Face Genius
Gunpo, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea
Cha Eun-woo studied at Suri Middle School and then, he went on to study at Suri High School. Afterward, he got enrolled at Hanlim Multi Art School which is located in Songpa District in Seoul, South Korea and graduated in the year 2016.
He also went to the Sungkyunkwan University which is a private comprehensive research university located in South Korea and pursued a degree in Performing Arts.
Singer, Actor, Model, Host
- Siblings – Cha Eun-woo has a younger brother.
Cha Eun-woo is represented by Fantagio.
Vocals, Violin, Guitar, Piano, Flute
6 ft or 183 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
When asked about his ideal lady, Cha Eun-woo revealed that he would like to go out with someone who is curious, intelligent, and wise.
Race / Ethnicity
Cha Eun-woo is of South Korean descent.
- Lean body
- Charming looks
Cha Eun-woo served as the face for the Korean cosmetics company, Shara Shara, from 2015 to 2016.
Best Known For
- Being a part of the South Korean boy group, Astro, alongside his bandmates, namely, JinJin, MJ, Moon Bin, Rocky, and Yoon San-ha. Astro has released a couple of EPs, albums, and tracks which include the likes of Venus, Rise Up, Breathless, Dream Part.01, Dream Part.02, Spring Up, Summer Vibes, Hide & Seek, Autumn Story, All Light, and Winter Dream and it has also accumulated a huge social media fan base with more than 3 million followers on Instagram, more than 2 million followers on Twitter, more than 2 million subscribers on YouTube, and more than a million followers on Facebook.
- Playing the role of Prince Dowon Yi Rim/Maehwa in the MBC historical romantic drama TV series, Rookie Historian Goo Hae-ryung, in which he was cast in a lead role alongside actress, singer, and model, Shin Se-kyung
- Having starred as Do Kyung-seok in the coming of age romantic comedy show, Gangnam Beauty, alongside actors Im Soo-hyang, Jo Woo-ri, and Kwak Dong-yeon. Cha Eun-woo also won the Korea Drama Award in the “Best New Actor” category as well as Hallyu Star Award in the year 2018 for his role on the show.
- Having been a part of the YouTube Premium series, Top Management, in which he starred alongside the likes of Seo Eun-soo, Ahn Hyo-seop, Jung Yoo-ahn, and Bang Jae-min
- Having garnered an immense fan base on social media with more than 4 million followers on Instagram
As a part of the boy group Astro, Cha Eun-woo’s first album was titled All Light and it was released on January 16, 2019, via Fantagio. The album comprised of songs such as Starry Sky, All Night, Moonwalk, 1 in a Million, Heart Brew Love, and Love Wheel and was placed at number #1 in the Gaon Album Chart, at number #6 in the US World Albums (Billboard) chart, and at number #11 in the Japanese Albums (Oricon) chart.
Cha Eun-woo made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of a healthy Ah-reum in the drama film, My Brilliant Life, in 2014. Directed by E J-yong, the lead cast of the film comprises of Song Hye-kyo and Gang Dong-won.
First TV Show
Cha Eun-woo made his first TV show appearance as ‘Himself’ in an episode of the game-show series, Master Key, in October 2017.
First Web Show
In 2015, Cha Eun-woo made his first web show appearance as himself in an episode, titled Dejavu, of the comedy show, To Be Continued.
Cha Eun-woo Favorite Things
- Food – Meat
- Color – Blue
- Professional Football Club – Real Madrid
Cha Eun-woo Facts
- He has been nicknamed ‘Morning Alarm’ by his Astro bandmates because he has the habit of waking up at the earliest hour in the morning and then waking up the other members of the band.
- Cha Eun-woo was given the nickname ‘White Tee Guy’ during the time of Breathless as that was when he usually used to wear white t-shirts. Moreover, his nickname ‘Face Genius’ is due to his remarkably fine facial features.
- In 2013, he was a part of Mr.Pizza’s iTeen Audition Promotional Model alongside his Astro bandmate, Moon Bin.
- It has also been revealed that Cha Eun-woo is both chic and loyal.
- He became the 4th trainee who was officially introduced with Photo Test Cut by Fantagio iTeen.
- He has credited 5urprise‘s Seo Kang-joon as well as the band titled EXO as his role models. Moreover, he also shares a friendly bond with Seo Kang-joon.
- JinJin has revealed that he and Cha Eun-woo speak the most fluent English amongst all Astro members.
- Cha Eun-woo enjoys wearing tank tops during the summer season.
- Something that he thinks he is bad at is dealing with relationships.
- Had a career in singing not worked out for him, Cha Eun-woo would have become a doctor, teacher, or an anchor.
- He enjoys eating a lot, especially at night.
- He once said that if he were a girl, he would probably date his bandmate, JinJin.
- Cha Eun-woo likes to spend his leisure time watching movies, listening to music, and playing the piano.
- He appeared as a guest in an episode of the comedy reality TV series, Knowing Bros, in July 2018.
- He has served as a host for both Show! Music Core and MBC Gayo Daejejeon.
- Amongst all the Astro members, Cha Eun-woo is considered to be the smartest one.
- In 2018, he appeared in the music video for the song titled You’re the Reason by the R&B trio, Urban Zakapa.
- Cha Eun-woo is friends with Seventeen‘s Mingyu.
- Follow the band Astro on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Spotify, and Facebook.
- Follow Cha Eun-woo on Instagram.
Featured Image by cherubic Eunwoo / Tistory.com / CC BY 4.0