|Chiaki Kuriyama Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||October 10, 1984|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Chiaki Kuriyama is a Japanese actress, singer, voiceover artist, stage artist, and model who has played a wide range of characters in shows and movies like Gogo Yubari in Kill Bill: Volume 1, Fumi Kusunoki in Kamogawa Horumo, Rio Kanzaki in CSI: Crime Scene Talks, and Maiko Ebina in Ataru Special: New York kara no Chōsenjō. Moreover, her credits as a singer include having released tracks and albums such as Ketteiteki Sanpunkan, Cold Finger Girl, Tsukiyo no Shōzō, and Circus.
Chiakisama, Queen Bee
Tsuchiura, Ibaraki, Japan
Actress, Singer, Voiceover Artist, Model, Stage Artist
She is represented by Spacecraft, Inc., Talent Agency, Tokyo, Japan.
She has released her music via Defstar Records.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Japanese descent.
- Lean physique
- Often sports forehead bangs
Chiaki Kuriyama Favorite Things
- Band – L’Arc~en~Ciel
- Asian Film – Oldboy (2003)
- Actresses – Uma Thurman, Lucy Liu, Julie Dreyfus, Anna Kendrick, Mary Elizabeth Winstead
- British Actor – Sacha Baron Cohen
- Movies – Quentin Tarantino‘s Pulp Fiction, Danny Boyle‘s Trainspotting
- American-Japanese Movies – Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010), The Bling Ring (2013), Lost in Translation (2003)
- Directors – Quentin Tarantino, Danny Boyle, Edgar Wright, Chan-wook Park, Stanley Kubrick, Martin Scorsese
Source – IMDb
Chiaki Kuriyama Facts
- A rough translation of her name is “Chestnut mountain with full brightness”.
- She played the role of Gogo Yubari, O-Ren’s sadistic Japanese schoolgirl bodyguard, in the 2003 American martial arts film, Kill Bill: Volume 1. For her performance in the movie, Chiaki Kuriyama bagged the 2004 MTV Movie Award for “Best Fight” and was also nominated at the 30th Saturn Awards in the “Cinescape Genre Face of the Future Award” category.
- Alongside Takayuki Yamada, she co-starred as Fumi Kusunoki in the fantasy action comedy film, Kamogawa Horumo, and this role won her the 2009 Fantastic Fest award for “Best Fantastic Actress”.
- In 2013, she voice dubbed for Zoe Saldana‘s character of Uhura in the American science fiction action film, Star Trek Into Darkness.
- Chiaki Kuriyama has shared a friendly bond with Yu Aoi and Aoi Miyazaki.
- Apart from Japanese, she can also speak English.
- She has done ballet and gymnastics.
- She has provided vocals to several video game characters including Misuzu Asagi in Ryū ga Gotoku of the End, Paula in Shadows of the Damned, and Akane Sachimura in Death Come True.
- As a stage artist, Chiaki Kuriyama has been a part of projects like Dogen’s adventure, Midnight in Bali, and Coast of Utopia.
Featured Image by Dick Thomas Johnson / Flickr / CC BY 2.0