|Darren Star Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 25, 1961|
Darren Star is an American director, producer, and writer who is credited with creating cult favorite shows like S*x and the City (1998-2004), Beverly Hills, 90210 (1990-2000), Younger (2015-2021), Melrose Place (1992-1999), And Just Like That… (2021-Present), and Emily in Paris (2020-Present).
Darren Bennett Star
Potomac, Maryland, United States
- East Hampton, New York, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Darren was a student of Winston Churchill High School in his hometown.
He graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles with a degree in Creative Writing and English.
Director, Producer, Writer
- Father – He worked as an orthodontist.
- Mother – She worked as a freelance writer.
- Siblings – Bonnie Star (Sister)
Darren’s net worth was $120 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Darren has dated –
- He has a son named Evan Star (b. 2011). However, it is not clear whether Darren has a romantic partner or is a single parent.
Race / Ethnicity
Darren Star Favorite Things
- TV Show – I May Destroy You
- Character From His Shows – Carrie Bradshaw (played by Sarah Jessica Parker) from S*x and the City
- TV Show As A Kid – The Mary Tyler Moore Show
- Jewish Character In Films – Ethan Hunt (played by Tom Cruise) in the Mission Impossible series
Darren Star Facts
- He is an avid art collector and has the works of artists like Greg Colson and Massimo Vitali displayed in his homes.
- His central idea for the show Beverly Hills, 90210 came from his own life growing up in Potomac, Maryland.
- Darren went to college with Daphne Zuniga, who later starred as Jo Reynolds in his show, Melrose Place.
Featured Image by Sidewalks Entertainment / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0