|Dave Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¼ in|
|Date of Birth||June 5, 1998|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Dave is a British rapper, musician, singer, songwriter, record producer, poet, and actor who released his debut extended play Six Paths in 2016. Over the years, he has released several tracks, albums, and extended plays like Psychodrama, We’re All Alone in This Together, Game Over, Starlight, Titanium, Location (ft. Burna Boy), Black, Funky Friday (ft. Fredo), JKYL+HYD, Picture Me, Thiago Silva (with AJ Tracey), Wanna Know (Remix) (ft. Drake), Samantha (with J Hus), Question Time, Revenge, No Words (ft. MoStack), Disaster (ft. J Hus), Clash (ft. Stormzy), and My 24th Birthday. His song Starlight became his longest-running and his first solo UK number-one single. Moreover, Dave’s acting credits include playing the role of Modie in the crime drama television series Top Boy in 2019.
David Orobosa Omoregie
Dave, Santan Dave, Santan
Brixton, London, England, United Kingdom
Dave studied at St Mark’s Academy in Mitcham. He also attended Richmond upon Thames College in Twickenham and studied law, philosophy, and ethics while also completing an additional module in sound design and politics.
He then successfully secured admission at De Montfort University in Leicester to study law but did not attend the university and decided to pursue a career in music.
Rapper, Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Poet, Actor
- Father – Frank Omoregie (Pastor)
- Mother – Juliet Doris Omoregie (Nurse)
- Siblings – Benjamin Omoregie (Older Brother), Christopher Omoregie (Older Brother)
British Hip Hop, Poetry, Conscious Hip Hop, UK Drill
Vocals, Piano, Guitar
Neighbourhood, Warner Chappell
5 ft 11¼ in or 181 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Dave is of Nigerian descent as his parents belong to the Edo ethnic group.
Socially conscious lyricism and wordplay
- He was 11 years old when he started composing lyrics and when he was 14, his mother gifted him an electric keyboard for Christmas and Dave taught himself piano.
- Throughout his teenage years, his older brothers were in prison.
- He gets his nickname “Santan Dave” from the bank branch Santander, the outlet he’s claimed to use.
- On March 8, 2019, Dave released his debut studio album Psychodrama and it peaked at #1 on the UK R&B Albums (OCC) chart as well as the UK Albums (OCC) chart, and at #6 on the Irish Albums (IRMA) chart. The album won the 2019 Mercury Prize and Album of the Year at the 2020 Brit Awards as well as was certified ‘Platinum’ by the British Phonographic Industry (BPI) and ‘Gold’ by IFPI Danmark.
- His 2nd studio album We’re All Alone in This Together was released on July 23, 2021, via Neighbourhood Recordings and it features guest appearances from artists like Stormzy, James Blake, Wizkid, Snoh Aalegra, Boj, Fredo, Ghetts, Giggs, and Meekz. The album received global critical acclaim and peaked at #1 on the UK R&B Albums (OCC) chart, UK Albums (OCC) chart, Scottish Albums (OCC) chart, and Irish Albums (OCC) chart and at #10 on the US Heatseekers Albums (Billboard) chart. It was certified ‘Platinum’ by the British Phonographic Industry (BPI) and Kyann-Sian Williams of NME wrote that the album is a “stunning sequel [that] lives up to his debut”.
- Dave has performed at a number of festivals including Wireless Festival, Longitude Festival, Rolling Loud Toronto, and Reading and Leeds Festival.
- He is an avid supporter of Manchester United F.C.
- Dave has been a recipient of various accolades including the Ivor Novello Award, MOBO Award, GQ Men of the Year Award, and Brit Award.
Featured Image by Dave / Instagram