Detroit, Michigan, United States
David Ramsey went to the Mumford High School in Detroit and later to the Wayne State University. He graduated from the University with a BFA degree in acting.
- Father – Nathaniel Ramsey
- Mother – Jeraldine Ramsey
- Siblings – None
David Ramsey is represented by Principato-Young Entertainment.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David Ramsey has dated –
- Briana Ramsey – David Ramsey has been in a long-term and committed relationship with Briana for years now. Due to his inclination to keep his private life away from the spotlight, not much is known about their relationship. They are married now and are parents to a baby boy.
Race / Ethnicity
- Freckles on the face
- Short cropped hairdo
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 47 in or 119 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16.5 in or 42 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
In 2005, David Ramsey appeared in a TV commercial for the automobile icon, Chrysler.
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Anton Briggs in the crime drama series, Dexter.
- Having played the role of John Diggle in the superhero action series, Arrow.
In 1987, David made his first film appearance in a small role in Hong Kong comedy movie, Scared Stiff.
First TV Show
In 1995, David was first seen in an episode of the ABC legal drama series, Murder One.
David Ramsey has a fairly active lifestyle, which includes practicing multiple martial arts form, to keep his shredded physique in top shape. He is an exponent of Jeet Kune Do, which was a hybrid martial arts form developed by the great Bruce Lee. In fact, he is a black belt holder in Jeet Kune Do. He has also taken training in Taekwondo and loves boxing as well.
When it comes to weight training workouts, he likes to rely on traditional bodybuilding to get most out of his workout. He relies on drop sets, pyramid sets and forced sets to work his muscles hard. He is not crazy about the weight, he is lifting. He just tries to make sure that he is exhausting muscles from all angles. Also, while performing a particular rep, he holds contractions, which increases blood flow to tiring muscles.
Regarding diet, he makes sure that he is eating around 5000 calories per day. To make sure that he is not missing out on nutrition, he relies on meals prepared beforehand. Also, he keeps a blender in his trailer so that he can reach out for a healthy and protein packed smoothie in case he misses out on a meal or has to endure hunger pangs.
David Ramsey Favorite Things
His favorite things aren’t known.
David Ramsey Facts
- To prepare for his role in popular TV series Dexter, he especially took guitar lessons.
- He played a single role in three different TV series. He was cast as John Diggle / Spartan in Arrow, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow.
- To make sure that he was perfect as Muhammad Ali in Ali: An American Hero, he took professional boxing classes and enlisted the help of renowned kickboxing trainer Benny “Jet” Urquidez.
- He is a big motorcycle enthusiast.
- David started harboring dreams of becoming an actor after working in a church play at the age of 12.
- Just after college graduation, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career and had to be satisfied with being an extra in a number of movies and TV shows, before finding breakthrough of sorts after 10 years in comedy series, Good News.
- He was cast in superhero TV series, Arrow after show producers got impressed by his work in the police drama, Blue Blood.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.