|David Ramsey Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||November 17, 1971|
David Ramsey is an American actor, director, and martial artist who is known for having been cast in roles like Anton Briggs in the crime drama mystery series Dexter, John Diggle/Spartan in the CW superhero series Arrow, Rusty in the television sitcom All of Us, Joseph in the drama film Mother and Child, Pastor David Randolph in the UPN sitcom Good News, Don Merritt in the comedy series Hollywood Residential, Al Druzinsky in the NBC legal drama series Outlaw, Mayor Carter Poole in the CBS police procedural drama series Blue Bloods, Dr. Noah Gleason in the ABC Family series Wildfire, Rep. Bill Harshtone in the romantic comedy film Accidental Love, Dennis in the ABC Family original comedy-drama series Hello Sister, Goodbye Life, Wayne in the American-German action film The Death and Life of Bobby Z, and Bill in the romantic comedy film Three to Tango.
David Paul Ramsey
Detroit, Michigan, United States
David Ramsey went to the Mumford High School in Detroit and later to the Wayne State University. He graduated from the University with a BFA degree in acting.
- Father – Nathaniel Ramsey
- Mother – Jeraldine Ramsey
- Siblings – None
David Ramsey has been represented by –
- Principato-Young Entertainment
- Agency for the Performing Arts, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Management 360, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David Ramsey has dated –
- Briana Ramsey – David Ramsey has been in a long-term and committed relationship with Briana for years now. Due to his inclination to keep his private life away from the spotlight, not much is known about their relationship. They are married now and are parents to a baby boy.
Race / Ethnicity
- Freckles on the face
- Short cropped hairdo
In 2005, David Ramsey appeared in a TV commercial for the automobile icon, Chrysler.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Anton Briggs in the crime drama series, Dexter
- Having played the role of John Diggle in the superhero action series, Arrow
In 1987, David made his first film appearance in a small role in the Hong Kong comedy movie, Scared Stiff.
First TV Show
In 1995, David was first seen in an episode of the ABC legal drama series, Murder One.
David Ramsey has a fairly active lifestyle, which includes practicing multiple martial arts forms, to keep his shredded physique in top shape. He is an exponent of Jeet Kune Do, which was a hybrid martial arts form developed by the great Bruce Lee. In fact, he is a black belt holder in Jeet Kune Do. He has also taken training in Taekwondo and loves boxing as well.
When it comes to weight training workouts, he likes to rely on traditional bodybuilding to get the most out of his workout. He relies on drop sets, pyramid sets, and forced sets to work his muscles hard. He is not crazy about the weight, he is lifting. He just tries to make sure that he is exhausting muscles from all angles. Also, while performing a particular rep, he holds contractions, which increases blood flow to tiring muscles.
Regarding diet, he makes sure that he is eating around 5000 calories per day. To make sure that he is not missing out on nutrition, he relies on meals prepared beforehand. Also, he keeps a blender in his trailer so that he can reach out for a healthy and protein-packed smoothie in case he misses out on a meal or has to endure hunger pangs.
David Ramsey Facts
- To prepare for his role in the popular TV series Dexter, he especially took guitar lessons.
- He played a single role in three different TV series. He was cast as John Diggle / Spartan in Arrow, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow.
- To make sure that he was perfect as Muhammad Ali in Ali: An American Hero, he took professional boxing classes and enlisted the help of renowned kickboxing trainer Benny “Jet” Urquidez.
- He is a big motorcycle enthusiast.
- David started harboring dreams of becoming an actor after working in a church play at the age of 12.
- He played the role of Jimmy Thompson in an episode titled Sympathy for the Parents of the medical drama television series, Grey’s Anatomy, in April 2010.
- Just after college graduation, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career and had to be satisfied with being an extra in a number of movies and TV shows, before finding a breakthrough of sorts after 10 years in the comedy series, Good News.
- He was cast in the superhero TV series, Arrow after show producers got impressed by his work in the police drama, Blue Blood.
- He appeared as Rep. Harshtone in the 2015 romantic comedy film, Accidental Love, starring Jessica Biel, Jake Gyllenhaal, Catherine Keener, James Marsden, Tracy Morgan, and James Brolin.