|James Marsden Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 18, 1973|
James Paul Marsden
Bello Jimmy, J.P.
Stillwater, Oklahoma, U.S.
James Marsden went to Hefner Middle School and had completed his high school studies from Putnam City North High School in Oklahoma City.
He studied broadcast journalism at Oklahoma State University.
Actor, Singer, and Model
- Father – James Luther Marsden (Head of Food Safety)
- Mother – Kathleen (née Scholtz) (Nutritionist)
- Siblings – Jennifer (Younger Sister), Elizabeth (Younger Sister), Jeff (Brother), Robert (Brother)
- Others – Luther Durwood Marsden (Paternal Grandfather), Norma Junelle Owrey (Paternal Grandmother), William George Scholz (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Louise Orr (Maternal Grandmother)
Authentic Talent and Literary Management (Talent Management Company)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
74 kg or 163 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
James Marsden has dated –
- Mary Elizabeth “Lisa” Linde (2000-2011) – Lisa Linde is a famous actress and daughter of country music songwriter Dennis Linde. James and Lisa married on July 22, 2000. They have a son named, Jack Holden (b. February 1, 2001) and a daughter named Mary James (b. August 10, 2005). Their divorce was filed by Linde on September 23, 2011.
- Rose Costa (2011) – Brazilian model, Rose Costa dated James for a while in 2011. Their son William Luca Costa-Marsden was born on December 14, 2012.
- Cherie Thibodeaux (2012) – Actress Cherie and James were rumored to be dating in the year 2012.
- Suki Waterhouse (2015) – Suki is an actress, model, and entrepreneur by profession. She was rumored to be dating James in April 2015.
- Edei (aka Emma Deigman) (2015-Present) – English singer and songwriter, Emma Deigman and James commenced dating in 2015. They are still going strong as a couple.
Race / Ethnicity
James has English, German, Scottish and French ancestry.
- Charming Smile
- Attractive personality
James has appeared in these commercials –
- AT&T Unlimited Plus
- Several Toyota RAV4 Hybrid commercials titled “Wolf Pack”, “Lumberjacks Challenge”, and “Mars”.
- Hugo Boss “Own Your Journey” campaign.
Best Known For
- His role of Scott Summers / Cyclops in the superhero film series X-Men (2000).
- His character Richard White in the 2006 film Superman Returns.
As a Singer
- He sang two songs for the 2007 musical film “Hairspray”. Both the songs were certified platinum by the RIAA.
- He sang “True Love’s Kiss” and “That’s Amore” for the 2007 romantic film “Enchanted”.
His debut role was Tyler Cochran in the 1994 comedy film No Dessert, Dad, Till You Mow the Lawn.
First TV Show
James’s first appearance on the television show was as Chad Westerfield in Saved by the Bell: The New Class in 1993.
Aaron Williamson was James’s trainer for the 2014 romantic movie “The Best of Me”.
Later in 2015, Tyler Lough was helping James to stay in shape.
James plays lots of sports to stay fit. He drinks a lot of water and tries to avoid late night meals.
James Marsden Favorite Things
- Food – Sushi
- Clothes – Calvin Klein, Prada, and thrift-store clothes
- Songs – “Shameless” and “The Dance” by Garth Brooks
- Movie – “Jaws”, “The Godfather”
- Musical Production – Rent
- Film Stars – Paul Newman and Kate Winslet
- Sinatra Songs – “I Get a Kick Out of You”
James Marsden Dogs
- Buddy – He previously had a dog named Buddy who passed away in February 2021.
James Marsden Facts
- James was a member of the Delta Tau Delta fraternity.
- In order to pursue his acting career, he left his university after one and a half years.
- He was nominated for the “Teen Choice Awards” for his role in “Enchanted” and “27 Dresses”.
- In January 2011, he guest appeared in ABC’s “Modern Family”.
- He has done modeling work for Versace.
- He was awarded the Blockbuster Award under the “Best Supporting Actor” category for his role of Cyclops in the “X-Men” series.
- Marden’s mother and father got divorced when he was 9 years old.
- He was offered a role in the Magic Mike (2012) movie starring Channing Tatum. However, he turned down the role in the fear that his role would be edited out.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0