|Dianne Doan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 8, 1990|
Dianne Doan is a Canadian actress, dancer, and voiceover artist who is known for playing the role of Lonnie in the Descendants franchise which includes Disney Descendants: School of Secrets, Descendants, Descendants: Set It Off!, Descendants: Wicked World, and Descendants 2. She is also known for playing a variety of roles in several other shows such as Yidu in Vikings, Kate Nguyen in Good Trouble, and Mai Ling in Warrior. Dianne Doan was raised in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada under the care of her strict Asian parents who initially did not approve of her career in the entertainment industry but later came on board with the dreams of their daughter and have supported her ever since. She has also appeared in a number of other shows and movies like Big Time Rush: Music Sounds Better with U, Once Upon a Time, When I Saw You, Impastor, The Game of Love, Last Night in Suburbia, Guidance, and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. Dianne Doan has also showcased her skills as a dancer by appearing on the dance reality show, So You Think You Can Dance Canada, in 2010. Moreover, she has garnered a huge social media fan base with more than 800k followers on Instagram and more than 40k followers on Twitter.
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
Dianne Doan studied drama in school.
Actress, Dancer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Tam Anh Doan
- Siblings – Annie Doan (Sister), Theresa Doan (Sister)
Dianne Doan is represented by Innovative Artists, Talent Agency, Santa Monica, Los Angeles County, California, United States.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dianne Doan has dated –
- Booboo Stewart – Dianne Doan has been in a brief relationship with American actor Booboo Stewart in the past. They have an age difference of around 4 years, Dianne being the older one. Both of them have been a part of the movie, Descendants.
Race / Ethnicity
Dianne Doan is of Vietnamese and Chinese descent.
- High cheekbones
- A beauty spot below her lips
Dianne Doan has either endorsed or promoted a variety of brands through social media which include the likes of Bloomingdale’s, CAMILLA AND MARC, Giuseppe Zanotti, Francesco Paolo Salerno, Christopher Bu, and Yann Haute Patisserie.
Best Known For
- Having been cast as Lonnie in the Disney musical fantasy television film, Descendants (2015), which stars the likes of Dove Cameron, Cameron Boyce, Booboo Stewart, Sofia Carson, and Kristin Chenoweth
- Playing the role of Yidu in the historical drama television series, Vikings, which starred actors Travis Fimmel, Katheryn Winnick, Clive Standen, Jessalyn Gilsig, Gustaf Skarsgård, George Blagden, Alexander Ludwig, and Gabriel Byrne
- Appearing as Mai Ling in the American action television series, Warrior, in which she stars alongside the likes of Andrew Koji, Olivia Cheng, Jason Tobin, and Kieran Bew
Dianne Doan made her first feature film appearance by playing the role of Rachel in the comedy film, Last Night in Suburbia, in 2017.
First TV Show
Dianne Doan made her first TV show appearance as Lisa in an episode, titled Monitored, of the fantasy mystery drama series, Tower Prep, in October 2010.
As a voiceover artist, Dianne Doan made her TV show debut by providing vocals to the character of Lonnie in an episode, titled Good Is the New Bad, of the computer-animated fantasy comedy series, Descendants: Wicked World, in November 2015. It is based on the Disney Channel’s original movie, Descendants.
Dianne Doan stays in shape by working out on a regular basis and often shares her workout pictures on social media as well.
Although she takes care of her diet, Dianne Doan occasionally allows herself to indulge in her guilty pleasures such as pasta, pizza, sushi, and Vietnamese food prepared by her mother.
Dianne Doan Favorite Things
- Music Genre – Hip Hop, R&B
- Singer – James Vincent McMorrow
- Song – Sober by Childish Gambino
- Quote – “Go confidently in the direction of your life”
- Travel Destination – Bali
- Sports Team – FC Bayern Munich
- Drink – Soy Latte
Source – NaludaMagazine.com
Dianne Doan Facts
- She grew up in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada.
- Dianne Doan was 10 years old when she started taking technical dance lessons.
- When she was in the 9th grade, she studied drama as an elective subject and that was when she started to take a liking for the art.
- Her credits as a dancer include performing in the Opening Ceremonies for the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada. She has also worked as a backup dancer for artists such as singer, songwriter, actor, and record producer, Michael Bublé.
- In 2010, she appeared on the dance reality television shows, So You Think You Can Dance, and has appeared in music videos for bands such as Big Time Rush and Marianas Trench as well.
- To her, the most challenging part about being an actress is that you have to spend a considerable amount of time away from your friends and family members.
- Dianne Doan enjoys hiking as well as spending some time on the beaches.
- She cannot live without her passport, lip balm, and music.
- Follow Dianne Doan on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Dianne Doan / Instagram