Elsa Anna Sofie Hosk
She started modeling at 14. Before that, she mainly focused on her studies. However, she participated in a campaign for GUESS and couple of other companies.
After finishing her schooling, she decided to pursue a career in Swedish women’s basketball league so enrolled herself in an institute to professionally study and learn basketball. But, soon she dropped out of the college for modeling as she realised that modeling has more scope than basketball in Sweden.
Fashion / Runway model, basketball player
- Father – Pål Hosk
- Mother – Marja Hosk
- Siblings – Lukas (Younger Brother), Johan (Older Brother)
- Others – Alice Herbst (Cousin) (Model)
Elsa Hosk is signed to several modeling agencies –
- Mikas – Stockholm
- View Management – Spain
- IMG Models – New York
- IMG Models – Paris
- IMG Models – London
- IMG Models – Milan
- IMG Models – Sydney
- Next Model Management – Paris (2006 – 2012)
- Fashion Model Management – Milan (2006 – 2012)
- House of Orange (2008 – 2012)
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
56 kg or 123.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Elsa Hosk dated –
- Chad Faust – Elsa was RUMORed to be dating Canadian actor Chad Faust in the past.
- Andreas Kleerup (2008-2012) – Swedish songwriter, Andreas Kleerup dated the model for a long time from 2008 until 2012.
- Chord Overstreet (2012) – Elsa was RUMORed to be dating American singer Chord Overstreet, when she met him at a Subway series kickoff event on June 20, 2012 at NYC’s MLB Fan Cave.
Race / Ethnicity
Freckles on the face
31-23-35 in or 79-58.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU) or 6 (UK)
Elsa had advertised for several brands like Guess, H&M Divided, ACO, Aerie, Dior, Bik Bok, Boomerang, Casall, Country Road, Dagmar, Fornarina, Maxstudio, Dolce and Gabbana, Garage, Gemma, House of Dagmar, Sandra Backlund, Ichi, Indiska, Lilly Pulitzer, Levi’s, Limité, Oriflame, Rodebjer, Tiger of Sweden, Vagabond, Schutz, and Ungaro.
Her religious beliefs aren’t known.
Best Known For
Working with Guess, H&M, Victoria’s Secret and other famous brands and designers.
She has not done any of the films.
First Fashion Show
Elsa Hosk appeared in Ready to wear – Autumn / Winter 2005 fashion show where she modeled for Christian Dior, Giambattista Valli, Guy Laroche, and John Galliano.
Elsa had played basketball at the pro level for two years. This made her physically more strong and prepared for the modeling better. She used to had 8 sessions of practice per week to train for the basketball. To play matches with different countries, she used to travel a lot. This really has a great impact on her modeling career.
She now feels more confident as a model, if fitness is talked about. After stepping into modeling, she did workout, but with the help of a personal trainer, Justin. The trainer makes her to do Pilates, boxing, stretching and balance exercises. In New York City, she goes to two gyms flywheel and flybarre. She enjoys doing spinning there. Spinning workout helps her shape the calves area and make it more stronger, which is important for a model. She goes to Flybarre gym to elongate the muscles and make the body more toned.
She easily gets bored with a daily routine. So, she keeps switching to alternate methods.
Elsa also goes to Zumba classes and does restorative yoga.
Elsa Hosk Favorite Things
- Sport – Basketball, and little bit hockey
Source – TeenVogue
Elsa Hosk Facts
- She has appeared in Victoria’s Secret fashion show in 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- She likes to play basketball. It is her hobby.
- Elsa was featured in Darin’s “Who’s that girl” music video.
- She was not discovered at some shopping mall like most other models. Instead, her dad sent her as well as her siblings pictures to various modeling agencies and as a result, she was selected by one of them. She was 13 at that time.
- She commenced modeling at 14.
- She has also played basketball at the professional level for two years.
- Elsa supports anti-human-trafficking organization, FAIR Girls (Free, Aware, Inspired, Restored) .
- She worked with photographer Ellen von Unwerth for one of the GUESS campaign.
- During her off day, she just does laundry, walks around in the vicinity, eats a long brunch, and a simple dinner, which sounds very low key.
- She likes RMS beauty products.
- If she weren’t a model, she would have been a furniture designer, or a pro basketball player, or taking acting classes, etc. She just can’t decide as there are many jobs which attract her.
- Elsa suggests to all the girls out there, who want to go into modeling, that first complete schooling and then think of going into modeling.
- Follow Elsa on Twitter, and Instagram.