|Mausumi Das Chatterjee Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5¾ in|
|Date of Birth||December 18, 1980|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mausumi Das Chatterjee is an Indian model, designer, and the winner of the respective titles of Mrs. Congeniality at Mrs. Bharat Icon 2018, and Mrs. Style Diva 2019 at Bharat Icon Beauty Pageant. She has done many brand connective modeling and several photoshoots for numerous brands like the Green Trend (Salon), Raj Jewelers, etc. She is a late bloomer personality who got exposed as a celebrity in the awestruck world of celebs and extreme fame after being a mother. She is well known for her hardship, patience, and perseverance.
This is a true story of a very middle-class girl who raised up to the level of a celebrity.
She was from an extremely hard-core orthodox Brahmin family where girls had neither wish nor rights to fulfill their ambitions. In her own words –
“My parents never thought of my future or career growth except for the traditional Indian rule, Marriage is a must, despite the qualities a girl has’. They never thought anything out of the box and phenomenal”. She further told, “I knew for sure that I would never have got such prodigious opportunities during my childhood days that could ever help me fulfill my dreams and aspirations. My wishes and dreams were always laying beneath my closed eyes. After getting married, I was bestowed with typical dominant and malevolent parents-in-law who never lent me a hand to upgrade my career but humiliation along with unfair judgment which was never unavailable from their side as they were also against women’s education. I was driven as mad as a hater due to the mental torture from my parents-in-law’s side, but my husband was very supportive that’s why I could upgrade myself to reach up to this level.”
After marriage, she resumed her education with a daughter and become an interior architecture designer, and started to work. With the inspiration of her daughter, sister, and her close friend, she participated in a beauty pageant and became a famous and well-known prodigy.
She has always said –
Never cry due to the past. Don’t degrade your dreams to match your reality, upgrade your beliefs to match your vision.
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
She has resided in –
- Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Mausumi did her schooling from Bethune Collegiate School, Kolkata. Post that, she acquired her master’s degree in Mathematics from Calcutta University.
She also has a degree in design from INIFD Bangalore.
Fashion Model and Designer
DREAM n DESIGN_mausumi, Bangalore, India
- Father – JyotiRindra Chatterjee (Retired General Manager of Ministry of Defence)
- Mother – Dolly Chatterjee (Housewife)
- Siblings – Madhumita Chatterjee Roy (Sister)
5 ft 5¾ in or 167 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She is married to Sibasis Das. The couple has a daughter named, Jasmine.
Race / Ethnicity
Her hair is ombre color with blonde highlights.
- Dimpled smile
- Attractive Personality
- Tattoos on hand (including thumb), under forearm, neck, belly, lower leg, low waist, and under the beauty bone.
33-24-35 in or 84-61-89 cm
5 (US) or 35.5 (EU) or 4 (UK)
She was worked as a model for some famous brands such as Green Trends Unisex Hair Style Salon, Raj Jewelers, G. K. Vail (Photostudio), Designer Jagrruti Official, Designer Sanjana Jon, Designer Jesalvora Official, Designer Tinna Ranka, etc.
She has done paid partnerships online with brands like Shein, Urbanic, Malabar Gold & Diamonds, Bright Sweem Wear (Santa Monica), London Style (UK), Fairtrade Lingerie & Swimwear (NYC), Puma, Dior, etc.
Best Known For
Being the winner of the title Congeniality and Style Diva at Bharat Icon beauty pageant, Bharat Icon CONGENIALITY 2018, Bharat Icon STYLE DIVA 2019
She never took any personal training to establish herself as a model.
But, she eats a balanced diet which she starts from dawn. She considers this diet to be her top-secret for her youthful looks.
- Morning Rituals – Hot water with lemon and honey (on empty stomach)
- Breakfast – Black tea/coffee, oats, boiled eggs, a toast of multi-grain bread/Rava Upma
- Lunch – Brown Rice with Dal / Curd and Rice / Fish and Rice / Mutton or chicken curry with rice
- Evening Snack – A glass of milk / Fruit Juice
- Dinner – Mainly veggies, Dal, Sabji, Chappati with a little helping of curd. No non-veg meals.
- Dessert – European Yogurt (not regular)
Before reaching bed she consumes just 1 full glass of lukewarm water. This keeps her body healthy and fit and helps in bowel clearing laxative.
Mausumi Das Chatterjee Workout Routine and Tips
She always believes, “Exercise is the celebration of what your body can do, not a punishment for what you eat”.
Her motivation for exercise is, “Don’t compare yourself with others, compare yourself to what you were yesterday.”
- For her, everyday ‘Surya Namaskar Yoga’ in the morning is a must.
- Morning walk / Nature walk with fresh air – just 30 minutes
- Gym workout/Yoga – only 20 minutes / Stretching exercise
- Swimming – 20 minutes
- Late-night walk after dinner – only 20 minutes (it is must thing to be done daily)
The above is an everyday routine workout that keeps her healthy and fit. It keeps her body in shape and helps her to maintain a good balance of her weight.
Mausumi Das Chatterjee Favorite Things
- Food – Any Indian cuisine, Thai cuisine, Italian margarita, Classic Margherita Pizza (continental)
- TV Show – Coffee with KARAN, American Idol, Kaun Banega Crorepati, Mr. Bean, The Big Bang Theory
- Film – Life of Pi, Mission Mangal, Pather Pachali, Titanic, Mrs. Doubtfire, Baby’s Day Out
- Color – All hues what resemble the seasons.
- Books – Girl, Woman, Other (By Bernardine Evaristo), Brida (By Paulo Coelho)
- Actresses – Rekha, Deepika Padukone, Angelina Jolie
- Actors – Amitabh Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan, Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Rowan Atkinson
- Country Or Continent For Vacation Trip – Europe (France, Italy, Switzerland), USA, Maldives and many more.
- Dress – Western wear and Indian wear, as a model comfortable with all kinds of dresses.
- Brand – Zara, Chanel, Gucci
- Perfume – Hugo Boss, Guerlain, Chloe, Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel
- Singer – A. R. Rahman, Kishore Kumar, Jennifer Lopez, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Camila Cabello, Shawn Mendes, Taylor Swift
- Drinks – Moroccan Mint, Darjeeling Tea, Nilgiri filter Coffee, Red wine
- Sports – Tennis, Cricket, Reselling
- Sports Team – Indian team for cricket, Kolkata Knight Riders
- Designer – Sabyasachi Mukherjee
Mausumi Das Chatterjee Facts
- She is a late bloomer who is an open-minded woman, with her awe-inspiring dreams. She started her professional career after giving birth to her daughter, Jasmine.
- She resumed her study again after she became a mother and completed the course of Interior Architecture Designing and achieved a high grade.
- She is not a born star. She is the person from a very mediocre family. By purity, patience, and perseverance – she becomes a STAR.
- Her life took a turn to greater and miraculously wonderful limelight when she applied for the beauty pageant with the inspiration of her daughter who helps her all the time to create her future and fame. Her little sister and a close friend (who stayed abroad) also motivated her to become a model.
- The most striking fact of her life was when she was more than 90 kg after giving birth to her child and she was humiliated and criticized for her humongous size. Consequently, she used to avoid people, parties or gatherings. She wanted to hide herself due to the same reason, but determination and strong desire turned her into a model.
- She is optimistic as well as believes in karma. She believes, “You get what you work for, not what you wish for.”
- She avoids smoking and drinking.