|Emily Warren Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||August 25, 1992|
Emily Warren is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer, best known for writing songs for bands and musicians such as Dua Lipa, The Chainsmokers, Sean Paul, Sigrid, Shawn Mendes, Melanie Martinez, and others. She also took part in writing the American duo Frenship’s single, Capsize, which is what started her career. Her credits as a songwriter brought her further recognition on April 7, 2017, when the American pop duo The Chainsmokers released the album Memories…Do Not Open which was a massive success. She wrote 4 songs – The One, My Type, Wake Up Alone, and Don’t Say, and was a lead vocalist on 2 of them, My Type, and Don’t Say. The album reached the number one spot on the Billboard 200 Chart later that year.
Emily Warren Schwartz
New York City, New York, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- London, England, United Kingdom
She attended Trinity preparatory school from kindergarten all the way through high school.
In 2011, Emily got accepted into the NYU Tisch School/Clive Davis Institute and graduated in 2015.
Singer, Songwriter, Producer
- Father – Carl F. Schwartz. (Lawyer)
- Mother – Susan Tate Dwyer (Lawyer)
- Siblings – She has 2 older brothers and a twin brother.
- Others – Milton “Chic” Schwartz (Paternal Grandfather), Alice (Paternal Grandmother), Hyman “Henry J.” Schwartz (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Jeannette Glazer (Paternal Great-Grandmother), Frank Xavier Dwyer (Maternal Grandfather), Betty Lou Crisp (Maternal Grandmother) Hugh Leo Dwyer, Sr. (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Ruth Stier (Maternal Great-Grandmother), Joseph Shelby Crisp (Maternal Great-Grandfather)
Emily’s general manager is Zach Gurka from Ground Up Management.
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Bass Guitar
Since the early beginning, Emily was signed to Prescription Songs recording label owned by Dr. Luke.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emily Warren has dated –
- Philip Leigh – Emily Warren admitted that she was single when she was younger and preferred not to share a lot about her dating life publicly. However, it was later announced that she is dating Philip Leigh. He has worked with her as a songwriter on David Guetta, Bebe Rexha, and J Balvin‘s song Say My Name, released on October 26, 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of the Ashkenazi Jewish descent on her paternal side, and English, French, German, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Cornish, and remote Danish and Swedish descent on her maternal side.
- Tall physique
- Haircut with Bangs
Emily has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Being a songwriter for The Chainsmokers songs such as Don’t Say, My Type, Wake Up Alone, and The One from the album Memories…Do Not Open released on April 7, 2017
- Releasing her debut album Quiet Your Mind on October 5, 2018
- Writing songs for pop artists such as Shawn Mendes, Sean Paul, Dua Lipa, and others
Her first album was titled Quiet Your Mind and was released on October 5, 2018. It featured 11 songs such as Hurt By You, Poking Holes, How It Ends, Just Click, Like That, Paranoid, and others.
First TV Show
Emily had her first appearance on TV along with Frenship electro-pop duo on Jimmy Kimmel Live! show on December 8, 2016.
Emily Warren Favorite Things
- Obsession – Ceiling Fans
- Number – 11
- Band – Arctic Monkeys
- Holiday – Halloween
- Food – Pear ravioli at Coquinarius in Florence, Italy
- Word – Sick
- Songs – Misty by Ella Fitzgerald, I Get Along Without You Very Well by Chet Baker, I Can’t Make You Love Me by Bonnie Raitt
- Activity – Traveling, Reading
- Book – The Unbearable Lightness of Being (1984) by Milan Kundera
- Actress – Greta Gerwig
- TV Series – Mad Men
- Movie – Inside Out
- Quote – “Wasn’t Me”
- Restaurant – Verjus in Paris
- Sports Team – Knicks from New York
Emily Warren Facts
- She has 3 brothers, and one of them is her twin, and a musician as well.
- Emily supports the Planned Parenthood charity.
- She tries to be as honest as she can in her songs so that people can connect with her.
- She claimed that she was an overthinker, and even suspicious and paranoid at times, but tried to level it down in her relationships.
- Emily appeared on Saturday Night Live and Jimmy Kimmel Live! in 2016 before she even released any of her original songs.
- Her grandparents met when they were 16 or 17 years old.
- The song she wrote with Andrew Taggart and Scott Harris, Don’t Let Me Down, performed by The Chainsmokers, was about getting lost at the Coachella festival.
- The first CD she ever bought was Room for Squares by John Mayer.
- She is known for speaking in accents when she gets drunk.
- Besides piano, guitar, and bass guitar, she can also play the harp.
- Her high school crush was Zac Efron.
- Her first band was named Emily Warren & the Betters. They released an EP named The Betters on October 12, 2010. It contained 4 songs – Not at All, Let Me In, For a While, and Absence. The band was disbanded after she got signed by Prescription Records.
- She was a guest singer on The Chainsmokers’ song Side Effects, released in August 2018. The music video starred American actress Camila Mendes.
- The first show Emily ever played was the 55 Bar Jazz Club located in New York City, New York, United States.
- She said that her parents were her role model.
- Emily’s dad is a lawyer, but she inherited music genes from him, as he had a band named Normal by Day, consisting of his childhood friends. They would often come around the house and play music.
- She started writing songs when she was in the 5th grade.
- She describes herself as funny, passionate, and empathetic.
- Forbes included her in their “30 Under 30 – Music Class of 2018” list for her contribution to the songwriting.
- Emily wrote a love song to her crush in 5th grade, and her friend showed the lyrics to the person, leaving her embarrassed.
- She claimed that the most romantic thing someone has ever done for her was writing a song about her.
- Her celebrity crush was a character from her favorite series, Mad Men, named Don Draper. The TV series aired from 2007 to 2015, and the actor portraying Don Draper was Jon Hamm.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube.
Featured Image by NF / Instagram