|Erica Durance Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||June 21, 1978|
Erica Durance is a Canadian actress, producer, and director who is best known portraying the character of Lois Lane in the superhero TV series Smallville (2004–2011). For her work in Smallville, she had earned Saturn Award nominations for ‘Best Supporting Actress’ (2004, 2005) and ‘Best Actress’ (2010). She is also well recognized for playing Dr. Alex Reid in the supernatural medical drama TV series Saving Hope (2012–2017). She had produced 75 episodes for the show in that duration and directed a season 4 episode titled Torn and Frayed (2016). For her performance in Saving Hope, she was nominated twice (2012, 2016) in the category of ‘Best Actress in a Dramatic Role’ at the Canadian Screen Awards.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Erica, after her high school graduation, had moved to Vancouver in 1999 to study acting at the Yaletown Actors Studio.
Actress, Producer, Director
- Father – Joel Nathan Durance (Truck Driver)
- Mother – Gail L. Durance (née Borroz) (Librarian)
- Siblings – Jenny Durance-Judge (Sister). She also has an older brother.
- Others – Jeff Palffy (Brother-in-Law) (Talent Agent), Jeff Judge (Ex-Brother-in-Law) (Actor), Oresto Antonio ‘Rusty’ Borroz (Maternal Grandfather), Nina M. ‘Nin’ Stonebrink (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Erica has dated –
- Wes Parker (1996-1999) – Erica had married Wes Parker in 1996 when she was just 18 years old. They got divorced in 1999.
- David Palffy (2001-Present) – Erica had started dating Canadian actor, writer, and director David Palffy in January 2001 after having met him at her acting classes in Vancouver. He was even her acting coach there for many years. They got married on January 8, 2005, and have 2 sons together named Lochlan William Palffy (b. February 2015) and Liam Jeffrey Palffy (b. December 2016). She also has a stepson named David Laszlo from a previous relationship of David Palffy.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Italian, Dutch, English, Irish, French-Canadian, and German descent.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde or red.
- Petite frame
- Long, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Gleaming face
Erica had been featured in a TV commercial for Kokanee Beer.
Erica Durance Favorite Things
- Movies – Trainspotting (1996), Elizabeth (1998), Underworld (2003)
- Movie Franchise – The Lord of the Rings
- Actresses – Sandra Bullock, Angelina Jolie, Cate Blanchett, Ashley Judd
- Singer – Madonna
- Comic Book Character – Lois Lane
- Actress To Have Portrayed Lois Lane – Margot Kidder
- Actor To Have Portrayed Superman – Christopher Reeve
- Authors – Jane Austen, Ellen Montgomery
- Book Series – Harry Potter
Source – IMDb
Erica Durance Facts
- She had grown up on a turkey farm with her siblings in the town of Three Hills, Alberta.
- Although she was always interested in acting, she was trained as a classical singer in her childhood.
- She had once been invited to throw the first pitch at a game by the baseball team Toronto Blue Jays.
- She has an irrational fear of deep water and birds.
- To pay tribute to her portrayal of Lois Lane in Smallville, the publishers of the Supergirl comic book had depicted a poster of Erica in the bedroom of the character of Superboy in one of their comic book editions.
Featured Image by Erica Durance / Instagram