|Oliver Stark Quick Info
|6 ft 2 in
|Date of Birth
|June 27, 1991
Oliver Stark is a British actor and theatre artist who is known for bringing to life the character of Evan ‘Buck’ Buckley in the American procedural drama series, 9-1-1, as well as for playing the role of Ryder in the action-adventure drama series, Into the Badlands. While growing up, he had his doubts about pursuing a career in acting but as things started to unfold, he eventually realized his calling. Over the course of his career, Oliver Stark has been a part of several other shows and movies which include the likes of Community, The Adventurer: Curse of the Midas Box, Montana, Hard Tide, Underworld: Blood Wars, MindGamers, Casualty, Big Bad World, Luther, Venus vs. Mars, and Entertainment Tonight Canada. Moreover, he has also accumulated an impressive fan base on social media with more than 250k followers on Instagram and more than 50k followers on Twitter.
Oliver Leon Jones
London, England, United Kingdom
Oliver Stark studied at Hendon School, which is a mixed secondary school located in Golders Rise, Hendon, London, England, United Kingdom, between the years 2002-2009.
Actor, Theatre Artist
- Siblings – Oliver Stark has an older brother.
Oliver Stark is managed by –
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles County, California, United States
- Denton Brierley, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Oliver Stark has dated –
- Hannah Harlow (2016-Present) – Oliver Stark started going out with the American actress, Hannah Harlow (a.k.a. Hannah Gottesman), in the year 2016. She is known for having been a part of several projects which include Project Runway, NCIS: Los Angeles, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. The couple has been together ever since they started dating and both of them often share their loved-up pictures on Instagram to keep their fans updated on their relationship and Oliver Stark has also often dedicated loving captions to Hannah Harlow.
Race / Ethnicity
- Birthmark near his left eye
- Toned physique
- Chiseled facial features
Oliver Stark has either endorsed or promoted a couple of brands through social media which include the likes of Theory, Taylor Stitch, John Varvatos, N:philanthropy, Vince Camuto, and GRL PWR.
Best Known For
- Having been cast as Evan ‘Buck’ Buckley, a firefighter, in the American procedural drama television series, 9-1-1, in which he stars alongside the likes of Angela Bassett, Peter Krause, Aisha Hinds, Kenneth Choi, Rockmond Dunbar, Connie Britton, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Ryan Guzman, Corinne Massiah, and Marcanthonee Jon Reis
- Playing the role of Ryder, the only son and presumed heir of Quinn who later takes over as baron after his father’s presumed death along with marrying his step-mother, in the American action-adventure drama television series, Into the Badlands, as he co-stars alongside Daniel Wu, Orla Brady, Sarah Bolger, Aramis Knight, Emily Beecham, Madeleine Mantock, Ally Ioannides, Marton Csokas, Nick Frost, Lorraine Toussaint, Babou Ceesay, Ella-Rae Smith, and Sherman Augustus
- Having played a wide range of characters in several movies such as Dylan in MindGamers, Gregor in Underworld: Blood Wars, Alfie Fisher in Hard Tide, and Glocky in The Adventurer: Curse of the Midas Box
Oliver Stark made his feature film debut by playing the role of Jeremy in the crime drama film, Break In, in 2010. The film was premiered at the Portobello Film Festival on September 9, 2010, and Oliver Stark was cast alongside the likes of Kayliegh Alwill, Paul Jacob, and Shirley Wintsch.
In 2012, he made his first theatrical film appearance as the Pack Leader in the horror film, Community, which starred actors such as Jemma Dallender, Elliott Jordan, Paul McNeilly, Terry Bird, Jo Dyson, Jack Anderson, Ben Neagen, and many more.
First TV Show
Oliver Stark made his first TV show appearance by playing the role of Kyle ‘K’ DeNane in an episode, titled Natural Selection, of the BBC One medical drama series, Casualty, in November 2011.
Oliver Stark stays fit and healthy by working out on a regular basis. He trains at the gym doing rigorous workouts which comprise of carrying, dragging, and pulling heavy sandbags and using kettlebells.
As far as his diet is concerned, Oliver Stark makes sure to include a lot of fruits in his diet because, according to him, they have an amazing power to heal the body from all the wear and tear. Also, he makes sure to get at least a 7-hour sleep every day.
Oliver Stark Facts
- When he was in his teen years, Oliver Stark was not very sure about pursuing a career in acting.
- ‘Stark’ is the maiden name of his grandmother.
- Growing up, his parents always fixated on the point that he should become independent as soon as he is able to and start earning for himself. This has helped Oliver Stark in becoming a more self-reliable and hardworking person.
- He has revealed in an interview that he has never felt conscious about his birthmark and has embraced it ever since he was young. In fact, he has said that he does not feel himself when his birthmark is “corrected” using makeup.
- Oliver Stark has also been a part of several theatre productions.
- Before making it big as an actor, he used to do several odd jobs which include working as a door-to-door salesman, cleaner, computer game salesman, call center operator, and night club promoter. He has also previously worked as a sports writer for a website.
- His left kneecap was broken in 2010 and he had to be on crutches for around 7 months.
- In 2013, he was cast as PC Barraclough in an episode, titled Come to Die, of the British-American horror drama television series, Dracula, whose lead cast included actors such as Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Jessica De Gouw, Thomas Kretschmann, and Victoria Smurfit.
- Oliver Stark was featured in Tatler Magazine‘s February 2018 issue.
- He is huge of the Arsenal football club.
- He has also appeared in shows such as Entertainment Tonight Canada and Celebrity Page.
- Follow Oliver Stark on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Adam Hills / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0