|Gabe Erwin Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||February 13, 1996|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Gabe Erwin is an American social media personality who rose to fame with his comedic videos on Vine. He had more than 2 million followers on Vine by the time the platform was shut down in 2017. He has also become popular on YouTube, where his channel has gained more than 900k subscribers with more than 60 million overall views. On his channel, he creates and uploads videos that can mostly be categorized as pranks, challenges, and reaction videos and are very popular with younger viewers. He often collaborates with fellow YouTubers and former Vine stars like Sam & Colby, BigNik, Corey Scherer, and Thomas Sanders. Gabe’s mother, his younger sister, and his friend Brennen Taylor also frequently make appearances in his videos.
Gabe, Mouse, BaaBaa
New York City, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Gabe completed his primary and secondary education from local schools in New York. Post his graduation from high school, he attended the New York Film Academy from 2014 to 2017, where he earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree in film, cinema, and video studies.
YouTuber, Filmmaker, Improv Comedian
- Siblings – Vivian Erwin (Younger Sister), Greyson Erwin (Younger Brother)
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gabe has dated –
- Anna Klimkina (2013–2016) – Gabe first met YouTuber Anna Klimkina in 2013, when they started collaborating for clips on Vine and both became very popular on the platform. Soon enough, they started dating and Anna also appeared in a few YouTube videos on Gabe’s channel including twice with Gabe’s mother. However, they reportedly broke up in 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
- Wears a bracelet on his right arm
- Affable smile
- Lanky frame
- Wavy hair
On his social media platforms, Gabe has worked on creating customized content for brands such as –
- Coca Cola
- Bed Bath & Beyond Inc.
Best Known For
His comedic content like prank calls, challenge videos, and reaction clips on Vine, formerly, and now on YouTube
First Web Show
He made his web show debut on Sanders Shorts as ‘Himself’ in 2016.
Gabe Erwin Favorite Things
- Color – Light Blue
- Candy/Chocolate – Kinder egg, Kit Kat
- Movies – Up (2009), Frozen (2013)
- TV Show – Freaks and Geeks (1999-2000)
- Dessert – Strawberry Shortcake
- Viner – Danny Gonzalez
- Songs – Love is an Open Door (2013), Havana (2018) by Camila Cabello, There’s No Place I’d Rather Be (2014) by Clean Bandit
- Number – Seven
- Pets – Dogs
- Actor – Steve Carell
- Video Game – Rocket League
- Fast Food Joint – Subway
- Gatorade Flavor – Lemon Lime
- Boy Band – B-Town Boys
Source – YouTube, YouTube, YouTube, YouTube, YouTube, YouTube, YouTube, YouTube, YouTube, YouTube, YouTube, YouTube, YouTube, YouTube, YouTube, YouTube, YouTube
Gabe Erwin Facts
- He can drive a car but he never learned how to ride a bike. He had an accident at the age of 8 when his father was teaching him how to ride a bicycle and had to get stitches on his lips. Gabe never attempted riding a bicycle/bike after that.
- Gabe was born and brought up in New York, but moved to Los Angeles in his late teens to pursue a career in comedy and filmmaking. His mother still lives in New York and often travels back and forth to meet him. She is a regular feature on the channel and has lots of fans due to her sassy and sarcastic ways.
- Gabe joined YouTube in October 2013 but the video that first brought significant attention to his channel was released in July 2015. It was titled ‘Mom v Girlfriend,’ where he posed a set of questions, simultaneously, to his mother and then-girlfriend to find out who knew him better. The video amassed more than 2 million views and within a few weeks, Gabe’s subscriber count had jumped up into 6 digit figures.
- Gabe later started to experiment with newer themes in his videos. He started doing more reaction-based videos like ‘Reacting to hate comments’, ‘Trying not to cringe’, ‘Watching weird commercials’, ‘Reacting to dumb comments’ and ‘Try not to laugh’. These videos were well-liked as well and helped Gabe in extending his subscriber base.
- Gabe’s other popular videos include interviews with rich brats, his prank calling stories, family Q&As, and reactions to people with strange addictions.
- His Instagram account, where he mostly posts his YouTube videos is also quite popular with more than 1.5 million followers. Gabe also has a secondary Instagram page that he uses for posting personal pictures and stories, which also boasts of more than 100k followers.
- Gabe’s younger brother, Greyson suffers from SMA (Spinal Muscular Atrophy). To help children who suffer from similar disorders and life-threatening illnesses, he joined hands with the charitable organization, Children’s Miracle Network in 2018. He started a fundraiser with the charity and shared it on social media, urging his fans to donate for the noble cause.
- Gabe also has a merchandise line for hats, beanies, t-shirts, and phone cases that he sells online.
- Follow him on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Gabe Erwin / Instagram