|Gabriela Hearst Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||November 3, 1976|
|Spouse||John Augustine Hearst|
Gabriela Hearst is an Uruguayan-American fashion designer who is best known for her self-titled luxury ready-to-wear and accessories collection, launched in the fall of 2015, that is sold at more than 50 retailers across the world. In December 2020, she was hired as the creative director of Chloé, a French luxury fashion house that was founded in 1952.
She splits her time between Uruguay; and West Village, Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States.
She holds dual nationality.
Gabriela had attended The British School of Montevideo, a private school in Montevideo, Uruguay. After her high school graduation, she had joined the Universidad ORT Uruguay, in Montevideo, Uruguay’s largest private university. She had graduated from there with a B.A. degree in communications.
After moving to the United States, she had enrolled herself in the Neighborhood Playhouse School of Theatre, a full-time professional conservatory for actors in New York City.
- Father – Her father was a rancher (d. 2011).
- Mother – Her mother is a cattlewoman.
- Siblings – She has a brother.
- Others – William Randolph Hearst Jr. (Father-in-Law) (Businessman, Newspaper Publisher, Chairman of the Hearst Corporation) (d. May 14, 1993), Austine McDonnell Hearst (Mother-in-Law) (Columnist, Journalist) (d. 1991), William Randolph Hearst III (Brother-in-Law) (Businessman, Philanthropist), Margaret Hearst (Sister-in-Law), William Dedalus Hearst (Nephew-in-Law), Caroline Hearst (Niece-in-Law), Adelaide Hearst (Niece-in-Law), Eliza Hearst (Niece-in-Law), William Randolph Hearst (Grandfather-in-Law) (Editor, Publisher, Businessman, Politician) (d. August 14, 1951), Millicent Hearst (Grandmother-in-Law) (Theatre Artist) (d. December 5, 1974), Randolph Apperson Hearst (Uncle-in-Law) (d. December 18, 2000), George Randolph Hearst (Uncle-in-Law) (d. January 26, 1972), John Randolph Hearst (Uncle-in-Law) (Businessman) (d. November 13, 1958), David Whitmire Hearst (Uncle-in-Law) (Vice President of the Hearst Corporation) (d. 1986), Patricia Campbell ‘Patty’ Hearst (Cousin-in-Law) (Author, Actress), Anne Hearst (Cousin-in-Law) (Socialite, Philanthropist, Publishing Heiress), Victoria Hearst (Cousin-in-Law), Virginia Hearst Randt (Cousin-in-Law), Catherine Hearst (Cousin-in-Law), Lydia Hearst (Niece-in-Law) (Fashion Model, Actress, Lifestyle Blogger), Amanda Hearst (Niece-in-Law) (Socialite, Activist, Fashion Model, Publishing Heiress), Gillian Hearst-Shaw (Niece-in-Law), George Randolph Hearst Jr. (Cousin-in-Law) (Chairman of the Board of the Hearst Corporation) (d. June 25, 2012), Phoebe Hearst Cooke (Cousin-in-Law) (Businesswoman, Philanthropist) (d. November 18, 2012), George Randolph Hearst III (Nephew-in-Law) (Publisher, CEO of the Times Union Newspaper), Stephen Thompson Hearst (Nephew-in-Law), Erin Wilbur Hearst (Niece-in-Law), Mary Astrid Hearst (Niece-in-Law), William Randolph Hearst II (Cousin-in-Law), John Randolph Hearst, Jr. (Cousin-in-Law), Patricia Lake (Aunt-in-Law) (Socialite, Actress, Comedian) (d. October 3, 1993), Arthur Patrick Lake (Cousin-in-Law), Mary Collins (Cousin-in-Law)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gabriela has dated –
- John Augustine Hearst (2013-Present) – Gabriela had married American business and media executive, film producer, and philanthropist John Augustine Hearst in 2013. They have a son together named Jack (b. 2015).
She has 2 step-children, from John’s previous marriage. She also has twin daughters named Mia and Olivia (b. 2008) from a previous unnamed relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Uruguayan descent.
- Slender frame
- Neck-length hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Gabriela Hearst Facts
- She had started her journey in the world of fashion in 2004 when she had started a collection called Candela in New York City. With a budget of just USD 700, she had created this collection of T-shirts with silk-screened illustrations of a winged woman on top of a horse. That design was based on a photograph of her mother.
- 2 years later, the collection had been expanded to include ready-to-wear and shoes. In 2012, she had become a member of the CFDA (Council of Fashion Designers of America), a trade association of American fashion and accessory designers.
- Her eponymous label, founded in 2015, is the first fashion brand to use compostable bio-plastics for all their packaging that can be thrown into compost to decompose in 24 weeks.
- In September 2017, she was included in the Business of Fashion BOF500 list, a professional index that identifies people shaping the global fashion industry.
- In the spring/summer 2020 season, Gabriela Hearst had become the first brand in the world to stage a carbon-neutral fashion show. This was achieved by booking models that did not need to fly for the show, using catering services that cook with local/ seasonal food, reducing the usage of appliances backstage, and offsetting emissions by donating the energy costs associated with the show’s production to multiple carbon emission-reduction projects in Kenya.
- In January 2021, she had designed the ivory dress worn by First Lady Dr. Jill Biden for the 2021 presidential inauguration.
Featured Image by Gabriela Hearst / Instagram