|Gina Yashere Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 6, 1974|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Gina Yashere is a British comedian, actor, writer, producer, voice actor, and author who has been a part of a wide range of television projects such as Blouse and Skirt, Bob Hearts Abishola, The Richard Blackwood Show, The Barbarian and the Troll, Lenny Henry in Pieces, The Wright Stuff, The Crouches, Bromwell High, Def Comedy Jam, Gina Yashere: Skinny B*tch, Just for Laughs, Live at the Apollo, 1st Amendment Stand Up, Married Single Other, Gina Yashere: Laughing To America, Gotham Comedy Live, Comics Unleashed, The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore, The Nasty Show Hosted by Artie Lange, Sir Patrick Stewart: A Knight of Comedy, The Neighborhood, Debate Wars, Crashing, Go 8 Bit, Black Is the New Black, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, Celebrity Chase, What’s Your F@#King Deal?!, The Standups with Gina Yashere, and West:Word. In addition to that, her film credits include Kiss Kiss (Bang Bang), Mr In-Between, The Comedian’s Guide to Survival, The Time of the End, and Early Man.
Regina Obedapo Iyashere
Gina Yashere, Dapo
Bethnal Green, London, England, United Kingdom
She divides her time between –
- Altadena, Los Angeles County, California, United States
- New York City, New York, United States
Comedian, Actor, Writer, Producer, Voice Actor, Author
- Siblings – Edwin (Brother)
Stand-up, Television, Film
Social Satire, Character Comedy, Observational Comedy
Pop Culture, Race, Stereotypes, Current Events
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Gina Yashere has dated –
- Stephen Merchant – It is RUMORed that Gina Yashere once had an affair with comedian, actor, director, presenter, and writer Stephen Merchant.
- Nina Rose Fischer – She has been romantically involved with Nina Rose Fischer.
Race / Ethnicity
Gina Yashere is of Nigerian descent.
- A birthmark on her neck
- Pierced ears
She was cast in an advertisement for Tesco Mobile in 2013.
Gina Yashere Facts
- She is the daughter of Nigerian immigrants.
- She uses the surname “Yashere” instead of the original “Iyashere” because the original one often gets mispronounced.
- Gina Yashere spent her childhood years growing up in Bethnal Green, London.
- She used to work as a lift maintenance technician and engineer (the company’s first female to do so, something that she mentions in her stand-up routine).
- In 1996, Gina was one of the finalists in the Hackney Empire New Act of the Year competition.
- She was cast as Polythene Pam in the 2001 comedy film Kiss Kiss (Bang Bang), starring Stellan Skarsgård, Chris Penn, Paul Bettany, and Martine McCutcheon.
- Gina Yashere appeared as Dancing Woman in the 2001 crime drama film Mr In-Between (also called The Killing Kind).
- She voiced the character of Keisha Marie Christie in the adult animated series Bromwell High in 2005. Her co-stars for the project included Jo Wyatt, Nina Conti, Simon Greenall, Graeme Garden, Doon Mackichan, Stephen Mangan, Stephen Merchant, and Tracy-Ann Oberman.
- As a voice actor, Gina Yashere made her theatrical film debut by providing vocals to the character of Gravelle (an injury-prone member of Dug’s tribe) in the 2018 stop-motion animated sports comedy film Early Man.
- In 2019, she started playing Kemi (Abishola’s best friend for the last 20 years) in the CBS sitcom Bob Hearts Abishola. She co-starred in the show alongside Billy Gardell, Folake Olowofoyeku, Christine Ebersole, Matt Jones, Maribeth Monroe, Shola Adewusi, Barry Shabaka Henley, Travis Wolfe Jr., and others. The show became the first American sitcom to feature a Nigerian family.
- Gina Yashere was cast as Axe in the puppet comedy television series The Barbarian and the Troll in 2021.
- Her memoir Cack-Handed was published in 2021.
Featured Image by Rhododendrites / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0