|Glenda Gilson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 3, 1981|
Glenda Gilson is an Irish former model, television presenter, and dancer who represented Ireland in the Miss Hawaiian Tropic in 2002 in Oahu. She went on to win the title for Europe and she subsequently appeared in the pages of Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, etc. Over the years, she has also been a part of a number of shows such as Xposé, Celebrity Bainisteoir, Celebrity Salon, and Dancing with the Stars.
Clondalkin, Dublin, Ireland
Model, Television Presenter, Dancer
- Father – Noel Gilson
- Mother – Aileen Gilson
- Siblings – Damien Gilson (Brother)
- Others – Liam Lawlor (Uncle) (Former “Fianna Fail” Politician) (Died in October 2005 in a car accident in Russia)
She has been signed to NK Management, Talent Management Company, Dublin, Ireland.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
62 kg or 137 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Glenda Gilson has dated –
- Brian O’Driscoll – Glenda had an encounter with former Irish professional rugby union player Brian O’Driscoll in the past. In his book The Test: My Autobiography, Brian stated that he received some playful teasing over the relationship from his teammates.
- Johnny Ronan – She has dated property developer Johnny Ronan in the past. They dated for a couple of years and finally called their relationship quits in 2009.
- Rob MacNaughton – Glenda dated Dublin businessperson Rob Macnaughton and married him on August 27, 2014, at St Senan’s Church in Kilrush County Clare. On October 22, 2018, they welcomed their first child together – a son named Bobby Mac Macnaughton. Their 2nd son Danny was born in October 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
Toned muscular body
34-24-36 in or 87-61-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU)
Korean car manufacturer SsangYong
Best Known For
Presenting and reporting the ITV3’s celebrity gossip reality show Xpose from 2008 to 2010.
First TV Show
Gilson hosted Glenda’s Showbiz Gossip on the Irish music channel “Bubble Hits” in 2006.
According to Glenda, hitting the gym 4-5 times a week is included in her routine. She does 11 sets of toning and shaping exercises, followed by a high-speed walk between each segment. According to Glenda, 20-25 minutes of cardio before a high-intensity workout is good and requisite for warming up the muscles.
She takes a balanced diet; which includes fish in her lunch. She drinks a lot of water during the daytime to maintain hydration levels in the body and for getting healthier skin and hair.
Glenda Gilson Favorite Things
- Sweets – Chocolate and sugary sour jellies.
- Drink – Corona (no lemon or lime)
- Song – Happy by Pharrell Williams
- TV Show – Xpose and Grand Designs
- Movie – Dumb and Dumber (the first one)
- Book – Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Holiday Destination – New York
- Clothing – jeans or leather jacket
- Scent – Aqua De Parma
- Meal – A Shanahan’s steak
- Outfit – Depends on the mood
- Beauty Product – Clarins Lip Oil
Source – TV3.ie, IrishExaminer.com
Glenda Gilson Facts
- Glenda Gilson has been modeling since the age of 3.
- She got widespread success and international acclamation after she appeared in the magazines like “Cosmopolitan,” “Marie Claire,” “Company” and Ireland’s “VIP.”
- Glenda has guest appeared twice in “Katherine Lynch’s Wonderwomen” (an Irish comedy television program on RTET).
- In 2002, Gilson represented Ireland in the Miss Hawaiian Tropic in Oahu.
- In her career, Glenda Gilson has interviewed celebrities like Cameron Diaz, Michael Douglas, Justin Timberlake, Tony Bennett, Lily Allen, Matthew McConaughey, Owen Wilson, Hilary Duff, Michael Buble, Zac Efron, etc. on TV3’s Xposé.
- In 2012, Glenda faced charges for being a tax defaulter in relation to the liquidation of her car company.
- She appeared as a contestant in the 4th installment of the Irish edition of Dancing with the Stars in 2020 and partnered with professional dancer Robert Rowiński. They were eliminated on January 26, 2020.