|Hannah Waddingham Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10¾ in|
|Date of Birth||November 16, 1974|
Hannah Waddingham is an English actress, theatre artist, and singer who has earned critical acclaim with her performances in theatre productions like Spamalot, The Wizard of Oz, and Into the Woods. She is also known for having been cast in a variety of on-screen roles such as Septa Unella in Game of Thrones, Jax-Ur in Krypton, Sofía Marchetti in S*x Education, Joanne Hill in Winter Ridge, and Elizabeth Maddox in How to Lose Friends & Alienate People.
Wandsworth, London, England, United Kingdom
Hannah Waddingham attended the Academy of Live and Recorded Arts, a British drama school.
Actress, Theatre Artist, Singer
- Mother – Melodie Kelly (Opera Singer)
Hannah Waddingham is represented by –
- CAM, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Atlas Artists, Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 10¾ in or 179.5 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Hannah Waddingham has dated –
- Gianluca Cugnetto – The duo parents a daughter.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall stature
- Deep-set eyes
Hannah Waddingham Facts
- She has credited her maternal family for her taking up an interest in performing arts and her maternal grandparents were both opera singers.
- She sang Our Kind of Love and it was ranked at number #41 on the UK Singles Chart.
- Hannah Waddingham brought to life the character of the Lady of the Lake in the London and Broadway productions of the musical comedy, Spamalot, and was nominated for an Olivier Award for her performance.
- In September 2002, she made her TV show debut as Jenny Turbot in an episode titled Split of the comedy romance sitcom, Coupling.
- She made her first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Elizabeth Maddox in the 2008 comedy film, How to Lose Friends & Alienate People, starring Simon Pegg, Kirsten Dunst, Danny Huston, Gillian Anderson, Megan Fox, Max Minghella, and Jeff Bridges.
- She was cast as Desirée Armfeldt in Trevor Nunn’s revival of A Little Night Music and this role also got her nominated for the 2010 Laurence Olivier Award in the “Best Actress in a Musical” category. Hannah Waddingham was also described as “Joanna Lumley of musical theatre” by a critic.
- From 2015 to 2016, she played the role of Septa Unella, a member of the Most Devout who forces Cersei Lannister to admit her crimes, in the critically acclaimed American fantasy drama television series, Game of Thrones, adapted from George R. R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire.
- Hannah Waddingham co-starred as Joanne Hill in the 2018 psychological thriller drama film, Winter Ridge.
- In 2019, she started to appear as Sofia Marchetti, one of Jackson’s mothers who push him to maintain a strict training regime, in the comedy-drama web television series, S*x Education, whose lead cast includes Asa Butterfield, Gillian Anderson, Ncuti Gatwa, Emma Mackey, Connor Swindells, Aimee Lou Wood, Kedar Williams-Stirling, and Mimi Keene.
Featured Image by Hilary / Flickr / CC BY 2.0