|Jim Howick Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 14, 1979|
Jim Howick is an English actor, writer, producer, and voice actor who has been a part of a number of shows such as Scream Street, S*x Education, Ghosts, The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret, No Heroics, BBC Proms, Inside No. 9, Stag, Action Team, Pandemonium, Armstrong and Miller, The Kevin Bishop Show, Loaded, The History of the World Backwards, Comedy Showcase, Peep Show, Reggie Perrin, Horrible Histories, The Wrong Mans, Broadchurch, Hyperdrive, Mutual Friends, Hounded, Yonderland, The Aliens, and Airmageddon. Howick has also been cast in movies like Journey Beyond Sodor, Bill, Hellboy, and Tokyo Jim.
Chichester, West Sussex, England, United Kingdom
Jim Howick studied at The Regis School located in Bognor Regis, West Sussex, England. Then, he attended Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts and graduated with First Class Honours in 2000.
Actor, Writer, Producer, Voice Actor
Jim Howick has been signed with United Agents Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Jim Howick Facts
- He made his first theatrical film appearance as Corporal Matlin in the 2004 superhero film Hellboy, written and directed by Guillermo del Toro. It stars Ron Perlman, Selma Blair, Jeffrey Tambor, Karel Roden, Rupert Evans, and John Hurt.
- For his work in the television series Horrible Histories, Jim Howick won a Children’s BAFTA in 2010.
- Alongside Mathew Baynton, Simon Farnaby, Martha Howe-Douglas, Laurence Rickard, Ben Willbond, Helen McCrory, and Damian Lewis, Jim Howick co-starred in the 2015 family adventure comedy film Bill, a fictional take on the young William Shakespeare’s search for fame and fortune. Jim played various characters in the film including Gabriel Montoya, Christopher Marlowe, Cynical Jester, Palace Doorman, Mysterious Man, Even Grubbier Thief, and Party Planner.
- As a voice actor, he made his film debut by providing vocals to the character of Hurricane in the CGI-animated direct-to-DVD musical adventure film Thomas & Friends: Journey Beyond Sodor in 2017.
- In 2019, he started playing the recurring role of Colin Hendricks, a science teacher at Moordale Secondary School who conducts the Swing Band, in the Netflix comedy-drama series S*x Education.
- Jim Howick started appearing as Pat Butcher, the ghost of a friendly and polite scout leader who was accidentally shot through the neck with an arrow on the Button House grounds in 1984 by one of his scouts, in the sitcom Ghosts in 2019.
- He was cast as Paul Jessop in the one-off British sitcom Pandemonium in 2020.
Featured Image by Gmando / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0