Joseph Matthew Alwyn
North London, England, United Kingdom
Joe Alwyn went to the City of London School.
He was also enrolled at the University of Bristol, where he studied drama and English literature.
After graduating from the university in 2012, he joined the Royal Central School of Speech & Drama.
After a brief halt in studies due to a film project, he graduated in 2015 with a bachelor’s of art (Hons) degree in acting.
- Father – Was a documentary filmmaker.
- Mother – Was a psychotherapist.
- Siblings – Patrick Alwyn (Younger Brother), Thomas Alwyn (Younger Brother)
Joe Alwyn is represented by –
- Creative Artists Agency
- Independent Talent
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
86 kg or 190 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joe Alwyn has dated –
- Taylor Swift (2016-Present) – In May 2017, Joe Alwyn was pushed into more spotlight than he would have been comfortable with as the tabloids realized that he has been secretly dating pop star, Taylor Swift. It was alleged that they had been dating for several months. As she felt the spotlight had an adverse effect on her previous relationships, she decided to keep her new love under wraps. She used to regularly fly to London to spend time with him and to keep it secret, she used to wear disguises. They had been introduced by Emma Stone (as per some sources) with whom he was working in The Favorite. Whereas, some tabloids state that Gigi Hadid had served as the matchmaker. Joe had worked with her in a photoshoot for Vogue magazine in September 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
- Intense blue eyes
- Towering height
- Traditional British good looks
Best Known For
- Being cast in the lead role in the war drama movie, Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk, in which he starred opposite Kristen Stewart.
- Having played the role of Adrian Finn Sr in the drama movie, The Sense of an Ending, which was based on a highly acclaimed Julian Barnes novel.
In 2016, he made his first film appearance as Billy Lynn in Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk.
First TV Show
In 2016, Joe made his TV show debut on the talk show, Today.
To physically prepare for his role in Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk, Joe took an intensive training with Navy SEALs. The two-week isolation camp not only got them doing grueling drills, which would hold them in good stead during action sequences but also worked on developing the mentality of a soldier, who has served on battle lines. During the camp, they also got them practicing mock battles.
Joe Alwyn Favorite Things
- Food – Old-fashioned Indian curry
- Karaoke Songs – Anything by Eminem
Source – Daily Mail
Joe Alwyn Facts
- Alwyn might have had to wait a bit longer if Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk casting director Avy Kaufman and director Ang Lee hadn’t struck with initial decision to cast the well-known actor in the main role.
- Avy Kaufman put Joe on a flight to New York City on the same day he had seen his audition tape. As soon as he saw the tape, he was completely sure that they had found Billy.
- Ang Lee was almost off from casting him as he felt Joe was too good looking for the role but Joe’s earnestness swayed him.