|Kang Min-hyuk Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||June 28, 1991|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kang Min-hyuk is a South Korean musician, singer, songwriter, and actor who is known as the drummer of the South Korean rock band CNBLUE. He became a member of CNBLUE in 2009 and the band has released many albums, extended plays, and songs such as Code Name Blue, First Step, What Turns You On?, In My Head, Euphoria, Wave, Thank U, Stay Gold, 392, Colors, 2gether, Now or Never, Bluelove, Can’t Stop, Ear Fun, Bluetory, Voice, Go Your Way, Truth, and Where You Are. In addition to his musical pursuits, Kang Min-hyuk has also been a part of shows and movies like How to Be Thirty, Acoustic, My Husband Got a Family, Oh My Ladylord, School 2017, The Heirs, Brave Family, The Princess and the Matchmaker, I Am a Cat, Heartstrings, Our Neighborhood Arts and Physical Education, Hospital Ship, Entertainer, I Live Alone, and It’s Okay, Daddy’s Girl.
Ilsan-gu, Goyang, South Korea
Kang Min-hyuk attended Digital Seoul Culture Arts University.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Actor
- Father – He is a drums teacher.
Rock, R&B, Pop, Electronic
6 ft or 183 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Note – Kang Min-hyuk met his first girlfriend when he was in his 1st year of high school.
Race / Ethnicity
Kang Min-hyuk is of South Korean descent.
Kang Min-hyuk Facts
- His father taught him how to play drums.
- While in middle school, Kang Min-hyuk was on the soccer team.
- After listening to Maroon 5, he got inclined towards bands and their music.
- In 2012, he played the role of Cha Se-gwang, Se-joong and Yoon-hee’s younger brother, in the family romantic comedy television show titled My Husband Got a Family. For this role, Kang Min-hyuk won the Rising Star Award at the 1st K-Drama Star Awards and was also nominated for the 5th Korea Drama Award and 26th KBS Drama Award for “Best New Actor” as well as for the 20th Korean Culture & Entertainment Award for “Best New Actor (TV)”.
- Kang Min-hyuk co-starred as Kwak Hyun, the son of a famous well-known surgeon, in the medical romance television drama Hospital Ship in 2017. This performance got him nominated for the 36th MBC Drama Awards in the “Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries” and “Popularity Award, Actor” categories.
- On July 31, 2018, he enlisted in his military service and served in the 55th Division Yongin, Gyeonggi Province.
- He appeared as Kang Hwi, the 2nd candidate for Princess Song-hwa’s husband who is a gifted man with good looks, in the 2018 period romantic comedy-drama film The Princess and the Matchmaker. Kang Min-hyuk co-starred in the film alongside Shim Eun-kyung, Lee Seung-gi, Kim Sang-kyung, Yeon Woo-jin, Choi Woo-shik, and Jo Bok-rae.
- He reportedly donated 10 million won on April 6, 2019, to the victims of forest fires in Goseong County and Sokcho in Gangwon Province.
- Kang Min-hyuk considers “1” his lucky number.
- He is a romantic person.
Featured Image by cnbluememo / tistory.com / CC BY 4.0