|Koo Hye-sun Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4¼ in|
|Date of Birth||November 9, 1984|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Koo Hye-sun is a South Korean actor, singer, songwriter, director, writer, model, and artist. She is known for having been cast in shows like Boys Over Flowers, The King And I, Angel Eyes, Blood, Pure in Heart, Absolute Darling, Strongest Chil Woo, The Musical, and Take Care of Us, Captain.
Incheon, South Korea
Koo Hye-sun attended Sungkyunkwan University and the Seoul Institute of the Arts.
Actor, Singer, Songwriter, Director, Writer, Model, Artist
- Siblings – She has an older sister.
Koo Hye-sun has been signed with Mimi Entertainment.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $12 Million.
5 ft 4¼ in or 163 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Koo Hye-sun has dated –
- Ahn Jae-hyun (2015-2019) – She started going out with actor and model Ahn Jae-hyun in April 2015 and their relationship was confirmed on March 11, 2016. On May 20, 2016, they officially registered their marriage at the Gangnam district office and got married the next day. Instead of holding a wedding party, they decided to donate the money to the pediatric ward of Severance Hospital. They have also co-starred in the vampire romantic thriller series Blood as well as appeared in the reality show Newlywed Diary, which showcased their married life. After being married for a while, it was reported in August 2019 that Ahn requested a divorce from Koo. Koo even posted an image on her Instagram account on August 18, 2019, of text messages between her and her husband Ahn Jae-hyun discussing divorce. She criticized Ahn publicly and received numerous malicious comments on social media for doing so. She claimed that she wanted to save their marriage while Ahn Jae-hyun did not. On September 9, 2019, he submitted a divorce application to the Seoul Family Court and it was delivered to Koo on September 18, 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
Koo Hye-sun is of South Korean descent.
Koo Hye-sun Favorite Things
- Food – Spicy Chicken
Koo Hye-sun Facts
- She made her first theatrical film appearance as a Girl on Couch in the 2007 American musical drama film, August Rush, starring Freddie Highmore, Keri Russell, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Terrence Howard, Alex O’Loughlin, Robin Williams, and William Sadler.
- She brought to life the character of Queen Je-heon/Yoon So-hwa in the historical drama series The King and I in 2007. This performance won her the “New Star Award” at the SBS Drama Awards in 2007.
- In 2009, Koo Hye-sun played Geum Jan-di in the romantic comedy-drama series Boys Over Flowers. For this role, she won the 4th Andre Kim Best Star Award for “Best Female Star” and KBS Drama Awards for “Excellence Award, Actress in a Mid-length Drama” and “Best Couple Award” (with Lee Min-ho).
- As a director, she has worked on films such as The Peach Tree, Daughter, Magic, Dark Yellow, and Mystery Pink.
- Koo Hye-sun released her first album, Breath, in 2009.
- She is an avid fan of the baseball team SK Wyverns.
- Koo Hye-sun underwent polyp removal surgery in September 2019.
- She is a fan of Lee Juck, a singer, lyricist, composer, and arranger.
- Koo Hye-sun enjoys swimming and can also play the piano.
- She has 2 chihuahuas named Soondae and Goonbam and a golden retriever named Gamja. She also has a cat named Mango.
Featured Image by KIYOUNG KIM / Flickr / CC BY 2.0