|Renée Elise Goldsberry Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||January 2, 1971|
Renée Elise Goldsberry is an American actor, voice actor, theatre artist, singer, and songwriter. She is known for playing Evangeline Williamson in the ABC soap opera One Life to Live, Geneva Pine in the CBS legal and political drama series The Good Wife, Quellcrist Falconer in the cyberpunk television series Altered Carbon, Ms. Nowhere (voice) in the Netflix computer-animated series Fast & Furious: Spy Racers, Wickie Roy in the musical comedy series Girls5eva, Olivia Warren in the crime thriller series The Following, Defense Attorney Martha Marron in the NBC crime drama series Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and Ava Price in the NBC musical comedy-drama series Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist. Renée has also been cast in a variety of films such as Pistol Whipped, All About You, Hamilton, The House with a Clock in Its Walls, Waves, Sisters, Jump the Broom: A Musical, Every Secret Thing, Palco & Hirsch, I Shudder, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, and Tick, Tick… Boom!.
Renée Elise Goldsberry
San Jose, California, United States
Renee Elise went to the Cranbrook Kingswood School.
She graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in theater from Carnegie Mellon University.
Then, she studied music at Thornton School of Music of the University of Southern California. In 1997, she received a degree in Master of Music in Jazz studies from Thornton school.
At the age of 8, she was enrolled at the Houston International Theatre School.
Actor, Voice Actor, Theatre Artist, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – He was a physicist, chemist, and auto industry executive.
- Mother – Betty Sanders (Industrial Psychologist)
- Siblings – She has one older brother and two younger brothers.
Renee Elise has been represented by –
- Sweet 180
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Independent / Digital
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Renee Elise Goldsberry has dated –
- Alexis Johnson (2002-Present) – Renee Elise Goldsberry first met New York attorney Alexis Johnson at a church in 2002 and started dating soon after that. After dating for some time, they got married in an intimate ceremony in 2002. The couple has two children, son Benjamin Johnson (b. May 2009) and daughter Brielle (adopted in 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
Renee Elise Goldsberry is of African-American descent.
- Big eyes
- Wide smile
37-26-36 in or 94-66-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Angelica Schuyler Church in Broadway production of musical, Hamilton.
- Being cast in the role of Evangeline Williamson in ABC soap opera, One Life to Live from 2003 to 2007.
She released her first studio album Everything But the Kitchen Sink in 2001.
Renne first appeared in the 2001 film Palco & Hirsch in the role of Jessica.
First TV Show
From 1997 to 2002, Renee appeared in 43 episodes of the Fox dramedy series Ally McBeal as a singer.
Renee Elise Goldsberry Favorite Things
- Cities for Food – Houston, New York, San Francisco, Chicago
- Manhattan Restaurant – Bier International
- Breakfast – Pancakes made by her mom with turkey sausage and eggs
- Times Square Restaurants – Daniela Trattoria, Pax Food, Glass House Tavern, Kodama Sushi
Source – The New Potato
Renee Elise Goldsberry Facts
- She gave birth to her first child at the age of 38 after enduring four years of miscarriages.
- She adopted her daughter Brielle from Africa.
- Before her every stage performance, she prefers to circle up in the green room and pray.
- Alongside Daveed Diggs, Jonathan Groff, Christopher Jackson, Jasmine Cephas Jones, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Leslie Odom Jr., Okieriete Onaodowan, Anthony Ramos, and Phillipa Soo, she co-starred portraying the character of Angelica Schuyler in the 2020 historical fiction musical drama film Hamilton. For this performance, she was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award in the “Outstanding Actress in a Supporting Role in a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie” category in 2021.
- She was cast as “Sunday” Legend in the 2021 biographical musical drama film Tick, Tick… Boom!, starring Andrew Garfield, Robin de Jesús, Alexandra Shipp, Joshua Henry, Judith Light, and Vanessa Hudgens.