|Laura Benanti Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 15, 1979|
Laura Benanti is an American actress and singer who rose to fame for her portrayal of Louise in the Broadway revival of Gypsy in 2008. Other than that, she is also known for her appearance as Elsa Schräder in The Sound of Music Live!, Alura and Astra in Supergirl, Edie Randall in The Detour, and as First Lady Melania Trump on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.
Laura Ilene Vidnovic
New York City, New York, United States
In 1997, Laura completed her studies at Kinnelon High School and from there she went on to attend New York University for a brief period of time.
- Father – Martin Vidnovic (Broadway Actor, Singer)
- Mother – Linda Wonneberger, (Vocal Coach, Former Actress)
- Others – Salvatore Benanti (Stepfather) (Psychotherapist), Marielle (Half-Sister)
Laura is represented by Rachel Zeidman of The Gersh Agency.
Sony Music Entertainment
5 ft 8 or 173 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Laura has dated –
- Chris Barron (2005-2006) – Laura got married to singer and songwriter Chris Barron on July 25, 2005. However, the couple’s relationship did not last very long as they legally parted ways in 2006.
- Steven Pasquale (2005-2013) – Laura and actor Steven Pasquale tied the knot with one another in September 2007. However, they filed for divorce after being together for 6 years.
- Patrick Brown (2015-Present) – On November 15, 2015, Laura got married to Patrick Brown and 2 years later, she gave birth to their daughter Ella Rose (b. February 14, 2017).
Race / Ethnicity
She has Serbian, German, English, and Irish ancestry.
- High cheekbones
- Dimpled cheeks
- Wide smile
Laura has appeared in various commercials including –
- New York Spring Spectacular
- Nashville: The Soundtracks
Laura Benanti Facts
- She spent the first few years of her life in New York before moving to Kinnelon, New Jersey with her mother who at the time had been in a relationship with her now-stepfather Salvatore.
- Laura adopted the last name Benanti from her stepfather and also refers to him as a father.
- Laura once stated in an interview that as a child, she was an “ugly duckling” and serious. She was also very passionate about musical theatre.
- Laura studied at New York University for 2 weeks before getting cast on The Sound of Music and leaving to join the show.
- She made her debut TV show appearance as Billie Frasier in Starved in 2005. Later, in 2006, Laura appeared in her first film titled Take the Lead as Tina.
- On October 23, 2020, Laura released her debut self-titled studio album. It consisted of a total of 11 tracks that included Go Slow, Sucker, Someone You Loved, Don’t Worry ‘Bout Me, and The Party’s Over.
- Since the start of her acting career in 1998, Laura has been nominated for several Tony Awards of which she won her first in 2008, for her role as Louise in Gypsy.
Featured Image By Drama League / Flickr / CC BY 2.0