Lily Monica Donaldson
Hammersmith, London, England
She attended Camden School for Girls, a co-educational sixth form in North London. She dropped out of the school at 16 to become a model.
Fashion / Runway model
- Father – Matthew Donaldson (Photographer)
- Siblings – Aurelia (Younger Sister)
Lily is signed to these modeling agencies –
- IMG Models – New York
- IMG Models – Paris
- IMG Models – London
- IMG Models – Milan
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
59 kg or 130 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lily Donaldson dated –
- Vladimir Restoin Roitfeld (2007) – French art director, Vladimir Restoin dated for a couple of months with the supermodel in 2007.
- Michael Phelps (2008) – American swimmer, Michael Phelps was RUMORed to be dating Donaldson in 2008. Neither of them confirmed about the relationship, ever.
- Cyprien Gaillard (2013-Present) – Since 2013, she is dating French artist, Cyprien Gaillard.
Race / Ethnicity
- High cheekbones
33-25-35 in or 84-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU) or 4.5 (UK)
Lily has advertised and walked the ramp for a tremendous number of designers and brands. The list starts as –
7 for All Mankind, Aldo, Americana Manhasset, Anna Sui ‘Forbidden Affair’ fragrance, Balenciaga, Biotherm, BMW, Burberry, Burberry ‘Sport’ fragrance, Calvin Klein, Calvin Klein White Label, Cesare Paciotti, Chanel, Christian Dior, Cosme Decorte, Dolce & Gabbana, Dolce & Gabbana eyewear, Dior makeup, Emanuel Ungaro, Equipment, Fashion Targets Breast Cancer, G2000, Gap, Gucci, Gucci eyewear, Gucci Hysteria, H&M, Hazzy’s, Hugo Boss Orange, Hugo by Hugo Boss, Jil Sander, Jil Sander ‘Sport’ Fragrance, Joop!, Joop! Jeans, Kenzo, Lanvin, MaxMara, Mine, Miss Sixty, ‘Miss Dior Cherie’ fragrance, Monsoon, Mulberry, Nicole Farhi, O’2nd, Pringle, Roberto Cavalli, Sportmax, Shiatzy Chen, Tiffany & Co, Topshop, Uniqlo, Valentino, and Victoria’s Secret.
Her religious belief is not known.
Best Known For
Working as a model in the fashion industry and walking the ramp for many famous fashion houses listed above.
She is also known for appearing in Victoria’s Secret fashion show in 2010, 2011, and 2012.
She has not acted in any of the films.
First Fashion Show
She debuted on the ramp with the Ready to Wear – Spring/ Summer 2004 fashion show in which she walked for designers Dice Kayek, Elspeth Gibson, John Rocha, Julien Macdonald, Miki Fukai, Rafael Lopez, and Warren Noronha.
She does Pilates, swimming, yoga, and aqua running to remain in best shape.
Lily Donaldson Favorite Things
- Designers – Azzedine Alaïa, Riccardo Tisci
- Nail Polish – Dark-red or nothing
- Moisturizer – Embryolisse
- Restaurant – Café Mogador in New York, and Rosa’s Dining Room in London
- Hotel – The Hôtel de Crillon in Paris
- Underwear – Calvin Klein, Marks and Sparks
- Bag – Alexander Wang
- Shoes – Yves Saint Laurent ankle boots
- Trainers – Converse
Source – Telegraph.co.uk
Lily Donaldson Facts
- She is close friends with Irina Lazareanu and Gemma Ward.
- She was founded by Select Model Management in 2003 (when Lily was 16) when she was shopping in Camden.
- She can play the piano.
- In the September 2007 edition of Vogue Britain, she was named as the “Head Girl” and was referred as a model to watch out.
- She has walked in Victoria’s Secret fashion show in 2010, 2011 and 2012.
- Lily was included among the top 30 models of the 2000s by Vogue Paris in the year 2009.
- For the spring-summer 2011, she became the face of Monsoon Accessorize campaign.
- Fleetwood Mac legend Mick Fleetwood is Donaldson’s great-uncle.
- Lily has appeared in the 2008 Pirelli Calendar.
- Donaldson has a tattoo on her wrist about a mix of her mother and her sister’s name.
- Other than modeling, she likes to read, paint and play the piano.
- She loves vintage items and second-hand shops also.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.