|Lisa Ray Quick Info
|5 ft 4 in
|Date of Birth
|April 4, 1972
Lisa Ray is a Canadian actress who rose to fame for her portrayal of Kalyani in Water in 2005 and Miriam in The World Unseen in 2008.
Lisa Rani Ray
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Lisa studied at three schools the Etobicoke Collegiate Institute, Richview Collegiate Institute, and Silverthorn Collegiate Institute.
Lisa Ray is managed by The Characters Talent Agency.
Lisa Ray’s net worth was ‘$20,000,000’ according to ‘Celebrity Net Worth’.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lisa has dated –
- Jason Dehni – Lisa tied the knot with investment banker Jason Dehni on October 20, 2012, at California’s Napa Valley. Together, the couple are parents of twin daughters via surrogacy, that were born in June 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Asian and White)
Lisa has Bengali Hindu ancestry on her father’s side and Polish Catholic ancestry on her mother’s side.
Lisa has appeared in commercials for various brands including Bombay Dyeing and Lakmé.
Lisa Ray Facts
- She was brought up in Etobicoke, Toronto but also spent a lot of her childhood years in Calcutta.
- Growing up, Lisa would mostly speak Polish with her grandmother.
- Her father was a cinephile.
- Lisa excelled academically completing her high school in four years instead of five.
- Initially, Lisa began her career as a model in India in the early 1990s. She was discovered in her teenage years while on a vacation with her family in India.
- After having started her modeling career, she moved back to Toronto to complete her further studies. Unfortunately for Lisa, her plans to do so were cut short after a death-defying accident involving the family took place which left her mother crippled for life. Following that, Lisa returned to India to continue her modeling career which led to her becoming one of India’s first supermodels as well as the face of brands such as Lakmé and Bombay Dyeing.
- She made her debut Tamil language theatrical film appearance as Priya in Nethaji in 1996. Later, in 2001, Ray was cast in her first Kannada film as Lovely in Yuvaraja.
- In 2001, Lisa was cast in her first Hindi language film Kasoor as Simran Bhargav alongside the likes of Aftab Shivdasani, Divya Dutta, Apurva Agnihotri, Irrfan Khan, and Ashutosh Rana.
- She was diagnosed with a rare disease called multiple myeloma on June 23, 2009, for which she began receiving stem cell transplants in December 2009 and announced in April 2010 that she was cancer-free. However, due to the nature of the disease, it is not completely curable.
- Lisa is the founder of TheUpsideSpace.
- Over the years, Lisa has worked with various well-known brands such as L’Oréal, MasterCard, De Beers, and Rado.
- In July 2023, Lisa Ray criticized the movie Barbie (2023), starring Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling, and questioned young influencers on why they were celebrating the film. According to her, the film was subversive and brought unwelcome standards.
Featured Image By Lisa Ray / Instagram