|Luke Norris Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Month of Birth||September 1985|
Luke Norris is an English actor and playwright who is known for having been cast as Doctor Dwight Enys in the historical period drama television series, Poldark. He was raised under the care of his mother and started writing during his teen years so that he would have an option if an acting career did not work out for him. Luke Norris has been a part of a number of shows and movies such as The Inbetweeners, The Duchess, Skins, Titanic, Our World War, FirstBorn, and Been So Long. Moreover, he has also worked extensively as a theatre artist and has been a part of various productions such as Orpheus Descending, A View From the Bridge, and Blue/Orange.
Luke Norris was born in September 1985.
Romford, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
Luke Norris joined the National Youth Theatre and then got enrolled at the Central School of Speech and Drama and was awarded the Alan Bates Bursary for 2008.
Luke Norris is represented by Troika, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Luke Norris has dated –
- Joanna Horton (2009-Present) – Luke Norris started going out with actress Joanna Horton after they appeared together in a production of Days of Significance by the Royal Shakespeare Company in 2009. Later, they got married and parent a daughter named Albie.
Race / Ethnicity
- Often sports a beard
- Charming personality
Best Known For
- Having been cast as Doctor Dwight Enys in the historical period drama television series, Poldark (from 2015), which is based on the novels by Winston Graham. He stars on the show alongside the likes of Aidan Turner, Eleanor Tomlinson, Heida Reed, Ruby Bentall, Jack Farthing, Beatie Edney, Pip Torrens, Caroline Blakiston, Kyle Soller, Phil Davis, Warren Clarke, Gabriella Wilde, John Nettles, Christian Brassington, Ellise Chappell, and Sean Gilder.
- Appearing in a variety of roles in several shows and movies such as FirstBorn, The Inbetweeners, Skins, Titanic, Zoe Ball on…, The Duchess, Our World War, Sunday Brunch, Mine, and Been So Long
Luke Norris made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Footman in the drama film, The Duchess, in 2008. The film starred the likes of Keira Knightley, Ralph Fiennes, Charlotte Rampling, Dominic Cooper, and Hayley Atwell.
First TV Show
Luke Norris made his first TV show appearance as Jay’s Friend in an episode, titled Girlfriend, of the coming-of-age comedy sitcom, The Inbetweeners, in May 2008. The show starred actors Simon Bird, Joe Thomas, James Buckley, and Blake Harrison.
He has maintained a healthy physique by leading an active life.
Luke Norris Facts
- He was raised by his mother in the Romford area in London, England, United Kingdom.
- It was a local drama school teacher who funded Luke Norris’s audition to join the National Youth Theatre.
- He has worked extensively in theatre productions and some of his performances include being the lead in Orpheus Descending by Tennessee Williams at the Manchester Royal Exchange as well as having been cast in A View From the Bridge and Blue/Orange at the Young Vic.
- Luke Norris has also branched out as a playwright. He began writing during his teen years just to have an option in case the acting thing did not work out for him.
- He shares writing credits for several projects such as Sparks (2010) and Night of the Foxes (2013).
- Luke Norris does not have any verified social media account.
Featured Image by Luke Norris / Instagram