|Madhoo Shah Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 26, 1969|
|Spouse||Anand Shah |
Madhoo Shah is an Indian actress who is known for her work in the Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Kannada language film industries. Some of her most-liked film appearances include Phool Aur Kaante (1991), Roja (1992), Allari Priyudu (1992), Yodha (1992), and Gentleman (1993).
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Madhoo attended St. Joseph’s High School, Juhu before going on to study at the University of Mumbai.
She studied at Roshan Taneja’s School of Acting for 2 months. However, she was dropped from there.
- Father – Raghunath
- Mother – Renuka
- Others – Hema Malini (Paternal Aunt) (Actress, Director, Producer, Politician), Esha Deol (Cousin Sister) (Actress, Model)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Madhoo has dated –
- Anand Shah (1999-Present) – Madhoo tied the knot with Anand Shah on February 19, 1999, whom she met during a photoshoot. Together, the couple has two daughters named Ameyaa and Keia.
Race / Ethnicity
Madhoo is of Tamil heritage.
- Thin lips
Madhoo Shah Facts
- Though, she was born Padma Malini, her father decided to change her name to Madhu Malini when she was enrolled in school.
- She was just 13 years old when her mother passed away due to cancer.
- It was action director Veeru Devgan who signed Madhoo for his son actor Ajay Devgan‘s debut film Phool Aur Kaante (1991), alongside the likes of actors Mammooty, Bhanupriya, and Geetha. This film marked her debut Hindi language film appearance and she was nominated for a Filmfare Award for “Best Female Debut”.
- In 1991, she was cast in her first Tamil language film as Swapna in Azhagan.
- Under her real name, Madhoo has been cast in almost 5 films including Avesham (1994), Zaalim (1994), Mr. Romeo (1996), Return of Jewel Thief (1996), Chilakkottudu (1997), and Udaan (1997).
- Her television credits include Aarambh: Kahaani Devsena Ki, Devi, and Soundaravalli.
- Madhoo’s father Raghunath is the brother of actress, director, and producer Hema Malini. She grew up, looking up to her aunt.
- After not being able to make it into Roshan Taneja’s School of Acting, she took up jogging and swimming in order to lose weight and took other measures such as wearing braces, getting a complete make-over, and perfecting her Hindi.
Featured Image Bollywood Hungama / CC BY 3.0