|Michelle Bridges Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 20, 1970|
Michelle Bridges is an Australian personal trainer, author, television personality, entrepreneur, fitness model, and public speaker who has appeared as a trainer on the Australian version of The Biggest Loser. She has also been a part of shows like The Celebrity Apprentice Australia, Home & Family, Celebrity MasterChef Australia, and The Project. Moreover, Michelle Bridges has authored several books including Real!, Crunch Time: Lose Weight Fast and Keep it Off, The No Excuses Cookbook, Losing the Last 5 Kilos: Your Kick-Arse Guide to Looking and Feeling Fantastic, Crunch Time Cookbook: 100 Knockout Recipes for Rapid Weight Loss, Everyday Weight Loss, Losing The Last 5 Kilos, Your Best Body, and 5 Minutes A Day.
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
- Sydney, Australia
- Kangaloon, New South Wales, Australia
Michelle studied at New Lambton Public School and then Lambton High located in Nelson Bay.
She moved to Port Stephens in year 9 to complete her remaining school education.
Personal Trainer, Author, Television Presenter, Entrepreneur, Fitness Model, Public Speaker
- Father – A Sales Representative (Estranged, Divorced Michelle’s mother when she was 4 years old)
- Mother – Maureen Partridge (Former house cleaner turned office employee)
- Siblings – Tracey Bridges (Sister; also estranged from Michelle and her mother)
Jane Weston, Chic Talent Management, New South Wales, Australia
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Michelle has dated –
- Bill Moore (1996–2013) – Michelle met London-born Bill when she went to work at his co-owned gym called Balmain Fitness. They connected over their passion for the fitness industry. In 2001, they started operating a health club in Haymarket and married two years later in 2003. Bill was older than Michelle by 17 years, but the celebrity trainer defended that age was never an issue between them and added that in terms of physical and emotional energy, Bill could beat youngsters half his age. When Michelle earned a major break to feature in The Biggest Loser Australia after a 4 month long grueling audition process, she gained massive exposure among the masses. As her name converted into a brand, Bill became his wife’s business manager and engrossed himself in expanding multiple business ventures in her name. The couple got so busy with work that they did not seem to realize they drifted apart emotionally as partners. After 18 months of dead-end discussions and disagreements, Michelle decided to end her 9-year marriage. Though Bill did not want to give up on his marriage, he eventually gave in. Bill continued to work with Michelle till 2015 and retains an amicable relationship with her. He moved on and married another woman named Lisa in 2017.
- Steve Willis aka The Commando (2013–2020) – Steve Willis retired from the Australian Special Military Forces and worked as a laborer thereafter while studying to become a personal trainer. He also specialized in training for the CrossFit games and met Michelle on the sets of The Biggest Loser Australia. They developed a friendship while confiding in their respective relationship problems. Michelle started dating Steve, who is 6 years younger than her, a few weeks after her separation from Bill Moore. At the age of 44, she surprised the world as well as herself when she found out that she was pregnant with Steve’s child and later attributed it to her physical fitness. In December 2015, Michelle gave birth to Axel Bridges Willis. Steve Willis has three other children from former partners. A daughter named Brianna and another daughter, Ella, and a son, Jack with a woman named Froso. Steve and Michelle separated in 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
- A broad forehead and sharp chin
- Muscular body
- Asian symbol tattooed next to her navel which means ‘in good health’ and another more discreet tattoo at the back of her neck
4 (US) or 8 (UK) & (AU) or 36 (EU)
- Formerly endorsed Natures’ Way Supplements
- Former ambassador of Adidas and Nike
- Triumph Sports Bras
- Safcol Seafood Company
- Ambassador of Australian Institute of Fitness since 2009
- Became the face of an exercise video game for the Canadian company Ubisoft for their game Your Shape Fitness Evolved (2010)
- The face of her own brand MB Active that comprises of apparel/activewear for adults and kids, workout equipment, and kitchenware sold in association with BIG W.
- In collaboration with Woolworths, she launched her healthy frozen ready meal range called Delicious Nutritious in 2016.
- Brand ambassador of Medibank (2017).
Best Known For
Being a personal trainer to morbidly obese participants in the fitness reality show The Biggest Loser Australia (2007–2014).
First TV Show
Michelle created and performed fitness segments for Mornings with Kerri Anne (2002).
- Being an author of 15+ fitness books, creator of 12-week transformation programs, and nearly 3 decades of experience in the fitness industry. There is nothing about physical training Michelle does not know.
- Up till her 30s, she claimed to train every day for 2-3 hours a day.
- With a growing business empire and a newborn son to take care of at the age of 45, Michelle lacks the luxury of time.
- Michelle splits her workouts according to the availability of time and often shares some of her quick morning workouts/mobility drills/core work on her social media accounts.
- According to her, losing weight is a science but keeping it off depends upon a positive and disciplined mindset.
- No matter what, she never skips a morning workout and performs it as a mandatory daily task, albeit the workout is improvised according to her energy level.
- She frequently runs outdoors for cardio and favors high-intensity CrossFit workouts in the gym to build strength.
- The day she is scheduled to have a self-indulgent dinner with entrée (carb-heavy main course accompanied with wine and dessert), she schedules a brutally intense workout in the morning of that day and eats very light thereafter saving up her calories for dinner. She goes back to her normal diet the next day.
- Michelle Bridges recommends no more than 150 ml glass of wine for women twice a week.
- She also does not approve of excessive caffeine consumption because it interferes with the absorption of iron and B-group vitamins in the body.
- For her, sugar is as bad as tobacco, and the main reason why the Australian population is fat.
- Michelle is also against processed food with a very long shelf life since it is laced with harmful chemical preservatives.
- She states that planning ahead all the meals for the day and week is the only way to prevent going off the rails with one’s fitness.
Michelle Bridges Favorite Things
- About Cooking – To have friends over to share it with.
- Quick Fix Dinner – Fish with salad greens, tomato, and cucumber dressed in balsamic vinegar
- Indulgent Treat – Dark chocolate, Red wine, Aussie Pavlova
- About Being An Entrepreneur – Converting an idea into a consumer product
- Item From Her Kitchenware Range – Daily Water Consumption Bottle
- Outdoor Place For Exercise (in Sydney) – Botanical Gardens, Rose Bay, Bay Run in Drummoyne, Lane Cove National Park
- Activity On Off Day – Leisurely walk sightseeing from Bondi to Bronte
- Restaurants (in Sydney) – The Apollo, Monopole, Fratelli Paradiso, Chiswick
- Best Part About Living In Sydney – The beautiful weather
- Outdoor Activity – Hiking, Kayaking
- Running Track (in Sydney) – Across the Harbour Bridge, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Cuisine – Japanese
- Exercise – Dumbbell Thruster
- Band – Parkway Drive
- Running Song – This Aint Love by Jessica Mauboy (2015), Don’t You Wanna Feel by Rogue Traders (2007)
- Phrase – Getting Real
- Skin Treatment – Pellevé skin tightening
- Dermatology Clinic – Heber Davis clinic
- Superfoods – Sardines, Cauliflower, Kale, Blueberries, Kiwi
Michelle Bridges Facts
- At the age of 18, Michelle became a certified fitness trainer from the Australian Institute of Fitness.
- After school, she often worked two part-time jobs.
- While working at the YMCA in Alice Springs, Bridges came across Les Mills International. She joined the company to make presentations and train other trainers on behalf of the company and frequently traveled overseas. She became a Master Trainer in 1996.
- Michelle is absolutely against tobacco and smoking.
- She took her first fitness class at the age of 14 when she saw a few kids in her school disinterested in sports and proposed to her school mistress to lead a workout class for them on the school’s squash court.
- Michelle’s mother could afford to get her only one set of the school uniform. She used to wash it and dry it every night to have it clean for the next day. Michelle was also bullied for carrying a tattered bag to school.
- As a child, she was inspired by the fitness revolution set off by Jane Fonda and in her early twenties, she visualized herself as a columnist/writer like Sarah Jessica Parker in S*x and the City.
- She has revealed that she was s*xually assaulted at the age of 18.
- At the age of 26, Michelle relocated to Sydney with only $300 to her name and leveraged her passion into a multi-million dollar fitness empire.
- She met Kerri-Anne Kennerley at her Sydney gym and pursued her relentlessly for weeks before she agreed to give her a segment on her morning talk show.
- Michelle claims that one of the major reasons behind her success is that she gets over setbacks very quickly and does not take no for an answer. If her plan to fulfill a goal is flawed, she regroups to come back with a better proposal.
- She participated in Celebrity Masterchef Australia (2009) and finished in 5th place among 18 contestants.
- She pleaded guilty to mid-range drink-driving on January 26, 2020, after she was caught behind the wheel of her 4WD. She was subsequently fined $750 and banned from driving for 3 months.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0