|Miguel Urdangarin y Borbón Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 30, 2002|
Miguel Urdangarin y Borbón is a Spanish member of the Royal Family. As of mid-2020, he was the 9th in line to the Spanish throne.
Miguel de Todos los Santos Urdangarin y Borbón
Excelentísimo señor Don Miguel (His Excellency Mr. Miguel), Miguel, Great of Spain
He started his education with a kindergarten/pre-school named Riba Carles in Spain. He then attended a local French school, also known as ‘French Lyceum’ in Spain. After he moved to Washington, D.C, Maryland, United States, in 2009, Miguel attended Lycee Rochambeau – French International School. In the summer of 2013, he moved to Geneva, Switzerland, and enrolled in the International School of Geneva.
Member of the Royal Family
- Father – Iñaki Urdangarin Liebaert (Former Professional Handball Player, Olympic Medalist, Entrepreneur, Former Duke of Palma de Mallorca)
- Mother – Cristina de Borbón y Grecia (Former Duchess of Palma de Mallorca, Infanta Cristina of Spain)
- Siblings – Pablo Nicolás Sebastián Urdangarin y Borbón (Older Brother) (Pablo, Great of Spain), Juan Valentín Urdangarin y Borbón (Older Brother) (Great of Spain), Irene Urdangarin y Borbón (Younger Sister) (Irene, Great of Spain)
- Others – Juan Carlos I of Spain (Maternal Grandfather) (Former King of Spain), Queen Sofía of Spain (Maternal Grandmother) (Sofia of Greece and Denmark, Former Queen Consort to the King of Spain), Princess María de las Mercedes of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (Maternal Great-Grandmother) (Countess of Barcelona), Infante Juan, Count of Barcelona (Maternal Great-Grandfather), King Paul I of Greece (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Federica of Hanover (Maternal Great-Grandmother) (Former Queen Consort of Greece), Laureano de Urdangarin y Larrañaga (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Ana de Berriochoa y Elgarresta (Paternal Great-Grandmother), Juan María Urdangarín Berriochoa (Paternal Grandfather) (Engineer, Businessman), Claire Liebaert Courtain (Paternal Grandmother), Felipe VI of Spain (Maternal Uncle) (King of Spain, Former Prince of Asturias), Queen Letizia of Spain (Aunt) (Former Journalist), Infanta Sofía of Spain (Cousin), Leonor, Princess of Asturias (Cousin), Victoria Federica de Marichalar, Great of Spain (Cousin), Felipe Juan Froilán de Marichalar, Great of Spain (Cousin), Infanta Elena of Spain, Duchess of Lugo (Maternal Aunt), Princess Irene of Greece (Maternal Great-Aunt), Mikel Urdangarin y Liebaert (Paternal Uncle), Lucía Urdangarín y Liebaert (Paternal Aunt), Laura Urdangarín y Liebaert (Paternal Aunt), Clara Urdangarín y Liebaert (Paternal Aunt), Ana Urdangarín y Liebaert (Paternal Aunt), Cristina Urdangarín y Liebaert (Paternal Aunt)
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Latino and White)
He is of Greek and Spanish descent on his maternal side and of Spanish Basque and Belgian (Walloon, Flemish) descent on his paternal side.
Miguel Urdangarin y Borbón Facts
- Just like all of his siblings, he was born at the Teknon Medical Center in Barcelona, Spain.
- Miguel was born at 7:30 A.M. local time. He measured 52 centimeters or about 20.5 inches and weighed 3.350 kg or about 7.5 lbs at birth.
- He was named after his paternal uncle, Mikel Urdangarin y Liebaert.
- A part of his full name, “de Todos los Santos” is customary to the Spanish Royal Family. It translates to “of All Saints”.
- He was baptized on June 23, 2003, at Zarzuela Palace. The ceremony was led by Cardinal Antonio María Rouco Varel and the water used was from the Jordan River.
- His godparents are his maternal uncle, then-Prince Felipe, later King Felipe VI of Spain, and paternal aunt Lucia.
- Miguel’s parents were given the title of Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca after their wedding, on September 26, 1997. His uncle Felipe stripped them of the titles on June 11, 2015, when they were charged with fiscal/tax-related crimes connected to a non-profit organization. His dad was sentenced to 5 years and 10 months in prison on June 12, 2018. Cristina, his mom, was acquitted of the charges but had to pay back €265,088, assumed cost to the crown due to her actions.
- Miguel is particularly fond of sports such as swimming, sailing, skating, surfing, and skiing.
- He speaks English, French, and Spanish fluently.
- Miguel has a close relationship with his cousin Froilán de Marichalar.
Featured Image by Royalchildren_Europe / Twitter