|Millie Mackintosh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 26, 1989|
Millie Mackintosh is a British socialite and entrepreneur who first gained fame as a cast member of Made in Chelsea reality series. She quit the show after 5 seasons to reinvent herself as a businesswoman and an editorial model. Millie gained a massive online audience on Instagram by sharing her workouts, hair & make-up, trendy outfits, and bikini photos usually clicked at exotic holiday destinations. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram and more than 800k followers on Twitter.
Marlborough, Wiltshire, near Bath, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Millie studied in Hanford Prep School For Girls in Dorset and graduated from Millfield Private Boarding School located in Somerset.
Instead of taking her A-levels, Millie enrolled for a vocational art and design foundation course. Shortly after that, she did an internship with a lingerie designer and simultaneously made baby doll dresses for friends, selling them as one-off pieces.
She took an eight-week make-up course while working part-time for the cosmetics company MAC hoping to save some money for travel abroad. Upon the completion of her course, Millie found a job in cosmetic retail at Space NK, London.
Make-up Artist, Reality Star, Model, Entrepreneur, Designer, Social Media Influencer
- Father – Nigel Mackintosh (Owner of a fine-food delicatessen in Marlborough, now retired)
- Mother – Georgina Mackintosh (Former co-owner of her husband’s delicatessen)
- Siblings – Alice Mackintosh (Younger Sister)
Millie is represented by –
- Donna Rooney, Donna
- K&H Communications (Publicist)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Millie Mackintosh has dated –
- Professor Green (2011–2016) – English rapper, songwriter, and TV personality, Professor Green first got in touch with Millie through her agent after he saw her picture on the cover of men’s magazine, FHM. The couple met for their first date at The Groucho Club in Soho, London and started dating in November 2011. They went public with their relationship at the Brit Music Awards in February 2012. A year later, they got engaged during a vacation in Paris. In September 2013, they married in a lavish ceremony at Babington House in Somerset. The couple announced their separation in February 2016 which was finalized in May 2016. Millie claimed her husband’s ‘unreasonable behavior’ was responsible for the breakdown of their marriage. Professor Green shared that he paid a lot of money to get a ‘quick’ divorce which was worth the cost. Post-divorce, he threw shade at his ex-wife, implying that she was with him for fame. Without naming her, he implied through a social media post that Millie lives a public life for attention and does not have any actual ‘work’ to her credit. Green also confessed in another interview that coming from a working-class background, he felt like a misfit among her rich friends.
- Hugo Taylor (2011, 2016–Present) – Millie dated Hugo Taylor, a marketing and PR manager at Bourne Capital for 2 seasons of the reality show Made in Chelsea. She broke up with him in 2011 after finding out that he cheated on her with her friend and fellow cast member, Rosie Fortescue. In September 2013, Hugo became the creative director and co-founder of Taylor Morris eyewear. Hugo and Millie reconnected shortly after she announced the end of her marriage to Professor Green. As soon as the divorce from Millie’s first marriage was finalized, the same week she went public with her relationship to Hugo by accompanying him on a trip to Monaco. 14 months later, the couple got engaged while enjoying a holiday at Mykonos, Greece. They married in an intimate legal ceremony at Chelsea Town Hall where Millie wore a formal white suit from Max Mara inspired by Bianca Jagger’s wedding outfit. Later, Hugo and Millie celebrated with a religious ceremony accompanied by their family and friends at Whithurst Park in West Sussex where Millie wore a vintage-style gown by Kate Halfpenny. The couple’s wedding pictures were covered by Hello! magazine.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English and Scottish ancestry.
She usually colors her hair in various brown tones such as caramel, auburn or dark blonde.
- Lean physical frame
- Long, thin legs
- Symmetrical facial features
6 (UK) or 8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
- She has endorsed a number of high profile beauty and fashion brands such as Feel Unique, Nip + Fab, Umberto Giannini, Caledonia and Massimo, Very Exclusive, River Island, GHD, Hunter, Calzedonia, Tassimo, Sure, Escada, Kurt Geiger, ModelCo, Pronovias, Giuseppe Zanotti, Kate Halfpenny, Amanda Wakeley, Rimowa, Issa, House of Fraser, and Ralph Lauren.
- Millie has collaborated for the launch and promotion of L’Oreal Kerastase “Extentioniste” and Lancome Digital Projects.
- With John Frieda, she created a limited edition ‘The Millie Mackintosh Honey Blonde Collection’ stocked exclusively at Super Drug, which was launched on August 24, 2016.
- In 2016, she created a limited edition Love of Color (LOC) lip pencil to celebrate her partnership at the launch of Birchbox UK.
- She has served as the brand ambassador for brands like Tropez, Manuka Doctor, J20 Spritz, Claire’s, Magnum ‘Pleasure Seeker Series’, and Investec Derby Races.
- Millie also promotes her own business ventures which include her false eyelash range with Nouveau Lashes launched in September 2012. She named each product of her line after a distinct London district or landmark.
- She promoted and modeled for her own clothing label Cammac that comprised of affordably priced party dresses and boho gowns sold via online retailer ASOS from 2014 to 2018.
- Millie plugs a direct or indirect brand promotion in almost all her social media posts. Some of her paid partnership Instagram posts were for Heathrow Airport, Flexitol, Sky Atlantic UK, Garnier UK, Klarna UK, Umbro, and Neutrogena UK, to name a few.
- She is often invited to stay at luxury resorts to promote their location on her official Instagram account.
Best Known For
Being a former Made in Chelsea (2011–2013) cast member who created a personal brand on social media and evolved into a model, socialite, and fitness influencer
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut as “Herself” on the E4 network’s structured reality show, Made in Chelsea in 2011.
- Millie trains hard to maintain her toned midriff and overall lean figure. With each passing year, she looks visibly slimmer and more toned. Mackintosh usually has 2 personal trainers at a time and aims for at least 3 weight training sessions a week. She does not like the treadmill or outdoor running and prefers to take kickboxing, full-body circuit, or a spinning class for cardiovascular benefit.
- She claims to have tight hip flexors due to which lunges feel like the most challenging exercise for her. Millie has to work frequently on keeping her hips mobile and flexible. To prevent boredom, she fits in different exercises classes, whether she is in London or abroad.
- On weekends, the social media model likes to practice Pilates and yoga. Millie is hugely fond of inversions, one-legged balance poses, and side planks and repeatedly posts pictures of these movements on Instagram that are often clicked at posh and picturesque locations. Millie started practicing yoga because she deems herself as extremely inflexible.
- Some of the people, studios, and gyms she has claimed to train with and at are personal trainer Mark Garlick at the Lomax Gym in Chelsea, Russell Bateman at the Skinny B*tch Collective, Pilates class at Paula’s Body Barre, spinning class at Psycle, Nathalie Hayward at home and at Workshop Gymnasium in Bulgari Hotel, Knightsbridge, Filipino martial art ‘Kali’ Stickfighting with Mark Watkins, Pilates in the Clouds, Kensington, Pole People, Templeton House, Pop-Up Fitness, Olivia Cooney and a Yoga retreat with Yoshie Roux-Chabert.
- To unwind, Millie also goes on intensive wellness vacations or detox programs such as at Chenot Palace Health Wellness Hotel in Azerbaijan and The Body Camp luxury fitness retreat in Ibiza.
- Millie substantially cut down the consumption of wheat, dairy, and sugar from her diet because those foods made her feel sluggish and ruined her skin. From food coach Madeleine Shaw, the influencer learned ways to prepare healthier versions of her favorite meals.
- She eats only Halloumi or Feta cheese and substituted regular milk with almond milk in her cold coffee. She likes eating spaghetti with clams substituted spaghetti with Quinoa or Courgetti.
- Millie usually eats a high-fat meal before working out and high carbohydrate and protein-dense meal post-workout.
- She aims for 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. A sample meal plan would be as follows –
- Breakfast – Eggs on rye toast or smoked salmon and avocado, or a smoothie with vegan protein, oats, nuts, and some berries
- Lunch – Quinoa and chicken salad
- Dinner – Slow roast meat or stew with cooked vegetables with some sweet potato or rice
- Snacks – Blueberries / Raspberries & Nuts, Hummus, and carrots or a Protein ball or Edamame Beans
- Supplements – Vitamin C for immunity, Magnesium for muscle recovery, Acidophilus for digestion, 5-HTP for energy, Super Elixir Alkalizing Greens (Travel Sachet)
- While traveling, Millie carries a couple of salads or protein pots for consumption and avoids the food served on the airplane. She always carries her lunch and snacks in her Tupperware because she prepares her meals in measured batches. Although she is not opposed to dining out, she likes the knowledge of the exact ingredients in her meals.
- Her discipline with food allows her to indulge in any food over the weekend without aggravating it into a binge or suffering the consequences of low energy level or break-outs on her face the next day. While dining out, Millie eats more of starters and skips dessert.
- She improvises available meals with healthier versions by going for sashimi with a Japanese seaweed salad instead of Sushi, ordering a sourdough pizza or gluten-free / spelt pasta, a salad or beans instead of chips with steak, quinoa or rice instead of potatoes or gets a burger wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun. When she wants to abstain from consuming alcohol, she asks the bartender to serve grapefruit juice with soda in a champagne glass so others around her don’t notice and insist on offering her a cocktail.
Millie Mackintosh Favorite Things
- Instagram Filter – Valencia
- Exercise – Pull-ups
- Healthy Meal – Sweet potato, steak, greens, and salsa verde
- Indulgent Meal – Mac’n’Cheese, Pizza (Savory Food)
- Guilty Pleasure – Dark Chocolate, Nutty Butter & Seed Cookies, a slice of Victoria sponge, Tiramisu
- Training Props – TRX Suspension, Resistance bands
- Health Food Eateries – The Good Life Eatery, Hally’s in Fulham, Soho House
- Fitness Advice – “Fitness isn’t just about how you look on the outside, it’s about feeling good, and if you don’t love yourself you can’t really love other people” by Russell Bateman
- Yoga Form – Yin yoga, Hot yoga in winters
- Fitness App – Xbox fitness
- Celebrity Trainers – Jillian Michaels, Tracy Anderson
- Nutrition Plan – James Duigan’s Clean and Lean plan, Honestly Healthy alkaline-based diet
- Pizza – From Pizza East
- Cocktail – Dirty Martini, Margarita
- Low-Calorie Cocktail – Tequila and soda, or Tequila on the rocks with fresh lime
- Relaxing Activity – Massages, Slow walk with her dog, watching Netflix
- Cuisine – Japanese, Italian
- Salad Dressing – Olive oil and lemon juice
- Outfit Color – Neutral shades, white in summer, black in winter, orangey-red
- Fashion Era – The 60’s and the 70’s
- Style Icon – Jane Birkin
- High Street Store – Zara, Mango, Hobbs, Topshop, and River Island
- Fashion Designers – Chloé, Isabel Marant, and Joseph
- Facial Spritz – Hydrating mist by Dr. Frances Prenna Jones
- Fragrance – Tuberose flower scent
- Perfumes – Tom Ford Positano for a holiday, Coco Mademoiselle, Citrusy-bay Jo Malone, and the classic Chloé
- Emoji – Heart, Flame, Monkey covering his eyes
- Novel – The Harry Quebert Affair (2014)
- Restaurants (In Dublin) – Crackbird, 777, The Dean and Roberta’s
- Dry Shampoo – Skyn Iceland Arctic
- Lip Gloss – Chantecaille gloss in color ‘Mirth’
- Celebrity Hair Icon – Olivia Palermo
- Beauty Icon – Miranda Kerr
- Skin Treatment – Philosophy Microdermabrasion, Dr. Hauschka masks
- Sunscreen – La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL SPF 50+ Fluide Extreme
- Make–up Essential – Lancôme tinted moisturizer
- Primer – Laura Mercier Foundation Primer (Radiant Bronze)
- Celebrity Wedding Dresses – Miranda Kerr Dior Haute Couture, Nicky Hilton Valentino dress
- Dream Dinner Party Guests – Anna Wintour, the Spice Girls, and Queen Elizabeth
Millie Mackintosh Facts
- She is a descendant of the Victorian entrepreneur John Mackintosh who was the founder of the Mackintosh sweet company and was deemed as the “Toffee King”. Her great grandfather, Harold Mackintosh and his brother Douglas created the famous Quality Street box of candies.
- While she was still working at Space NK, she was approached to join E4’s reality show Made in Chelsea (2011–2013).
- Although Millie is perceived to be an heir to a great fortune, she clarified that her family sold the chocolate business years ago now run by Nestlé and although she lives a comfortable life, her net worth is grossly overestimated.
- Mackintosh and her sister had a serious passion for horseback riding in their childhood and teens.
- The influencer confessed that she was an ugly duckling while studying in boarding school. She had braces and wore glasses, suffered from acne on her forehead, smeared Marmite in her hair and Vaseline on her face and as such got bullied for her appearance. Her classmates nicknamed her Sparrow Legs.
- She has 3 tattoos on her body which includes a butterfly on her right wrist, another butterfly on her lower back, and 3 stars at the back of her left shoulder. She got her butterfly tattoos at the age of 16 and 18. In 2018, she mentioned getting her tattoos removed because she did not like them on her body anymore.
- Millie has modeled for ES Magazine, Notion, Cosmopolitan, and InStyle as well as featured on the covers of Stella, You Magazine, RED Magazine, Irish Tatler, Hello Fashion Monthly, Women’s Health, and Sheerluxe.
- In 2015, Mackintosh published a book titled Made to share her knowledge on food, style, and fitness.
- The make-up artist turned businesswoman leveraged her fame from Made in Chelsea into such a massive personal brand on social media that by 2019 she was going on a vacation to an exotic location every 3 weeks, most of which were paid for by the companies she agreed to endorse.
- She is a close friend of DJ and model Zara Martin, stylist Juliet Angus, and model Alicia Rountree.
- Millie was also considered to be a close friend of the Duchess of Sussex after Meghan Markle posted a picture of their vacation at Soho Farmhouse in Oxfordshire on her now-deleted Instagram account. Mackintosh was touted to be a bridesmaid at Prince Harry and Meghan’s wedding but to her embarrassment, she did not get an invite to the royal wedding.
- She was so disheartened by the end of her clothing business Cammac Venture Limited in 2018 that she cried every day for 2 months to recover from that professional setback.
- Visit her official website @ www.milliemackintosh.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Land Rover MENA / Flickr / CC BY-2.0