|Monica Padman Quick Info
|5 ft 1 in
|Date of Birth
|August 24, 1987
Monica Padman is an American podcaster, actor, and producer who is best known as the co-creator, editor, and co-host, with actor, comedian, writer, and director Dax Shepard, of the weekly podcast Armchair Expert. She is also well recognized for producing a web series titled Momsplaining that is hosted by actress and Dax’s wife Kristen Bell on the YouTube channel of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, an American daytime TV variety comedy talk show. She had earned an Emmy Award nomination in 2019 for her work on the show. Monica has also portrayed minor or supporting characters on TV shows such as House of Lies (2014), Ryan Hansen Solves Crimes on Television (2017), The Good Place (2018), and Rutherford Falls (2021); and movies such as CHiPs (2017).
Duluth, Gwinnett County, Georgia, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Monica had attended the Duluth High School, a public secondary school in her hometown of Duluth.
After her high school graduation, she had joined the University of Georgia, a public land-grant research university in Athens, Georgia. There, she had double-majored in theater and public relations.
Podcaster, Actor, Producer
- Father – Her father was an engineer.
- Mother – Her mother was a computer programmer.
- Siblings – Neal Padman (Brother)
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Monica has dated –
- Cameron Cruz
Race / Ethnicity
- Diminutive frame
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Radiant face
Monica Padman Facts
- Both of Monica’s parents were born and raised in India. Her mother had moved to the United States when she was 6 years old while her father had moved to the United States as a college student.
- As a youngster, she was heavily influenced by the iconic sitcom Friends (1994-2004) and the 1997 coming-of-age drama film Good Will Hunting. When she was in 8th grade, she had decided that she would pursue a career as an actor and had started studying theater in high school. There, she was also involved in cheerleading and had taken advanced placement classes.
- At the University of Georgia, she had initially planned to pursue a career in theater studies only. However, she had later switched to a double-major in theater and public relations, adding the latter course to appease her parents.
- Her first job was teaching gymnastics to kids at a local gymnasium in Georgia after which she had moved to Los Angeles in 2011 to pursue an acting career. She went on to work with the renowned improvisational and sketch comedy group, the Upright Citizens Brigade, and used to pay her bills by babysitting and working at the front desk at SoulCycle, a fitness company.
- While she was struggling in Los Angeles, she had made an acquaintance with Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard through social circles. By a weird twist of fate, she had earned an acting job on an episode of the comedy TV series House of Lies, portraying the role of an assistant to Kristen’s character. Kristen would later hire Monica to occasionally babysit for her and had eventually made her a full-time nanny.
Featured Image by Monica Padman / Instagram