The Bronx, New York City, U.S.
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Nolan earned his high school diploma prematurely at the age of 13 in 2012 by taking the General Educational Development test.
He became a member of MENSA (the most esteemed IQ society in the world) at the age of 4 which provided him with various resources to stay on his advanced academic program.
He followed it up with online community college courses.
- Father – Edwin Gould (Worked in US Military)
- Mother – Angela Gould
- Siblings – Aidan Gould (Older Brother) (Actor)
He is represented by Coast to Coast Talent Group, Los Angeles, California.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
- Joey King (2015) – People developed an interest in Nolan’s dating life when he suggested with a post-workout shirtless Instagram post in July 2014 that he wanted his character Luke to have a steady girlfriend in the next season of Modern Family. That set the paparazzi wondering about his actual dating life and he was first associated with the teen actress, Joey King, but neither of the two clarified if there was any truth to those RUMORs, though they claim to be good friends.
- Ariel Winter (2016) – Nolan being very close to Ariel who has played his older sister in Modern Family, the two spend a lot of free time together outside the sets. Nolan was RUMORed to be dating Ariel when they were found kissing each other on a Bahamas vacation.
Race / Ethnicity
He comes from English, French and German lineage.
Since Nolan refuses to confirm dating rumors there is a lot of speculation among the paparazzi that he might be gay. In his defense, Nolan considers himself too young to get into a relationship and claims preoccupation with improving his financial net worth. Hence, his sexual orientation remains to be unconfirmed.
- Curly Hair
- Sharp Chin
- Prominent dimple in right cheek when he smiles
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 31 in or 79 cm
8.5 (US) or 8 (UK) or 42 (EU)
Nolan has been a part of several print and TV commercials. Some of which includes –
- A commercial with Lebron James for American Signature bedroom furniture shot in Miami.
- Played a Cupid in H&R Block commercial, an American tax preparation and consulting company.
- Cocoa Pebbles cereal
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Company (alongside other celebrities in 2013 as per AdWeek)
- In 2013, he was declared Ambassador of Hope for a non-profit organization started by Hyundai to raise funds and awareness in support of pediatric cancer.
- Old Spice’s HoliSpray Toy Donation Exchange (2014)
- Nolan teamed up with his onscreen father, Ty Burrell for the Grand Canyon campaign (2016)
Although his curly hair and name often confuse people into thinking he is Jewish but he confirmed being a member of a church in an interview.
Best Known For
Playing Luke Dunphy on the ABC sitcom Modern Family.
Nolan’s very first film was a short film The McPassion where he played the minor role as Son at a Restaurant.
First TV Show
In 2007, Nolan had a two-episode appearance as Young Jimmy in animated family drama show Out of Jimmy’s Head.
- A major growth spurt at the age of 14 turned Nolan from a chubby kid who was short for his age to a very lean teenager by the time he turned 15.
- Thereafter, he started lifting weights and going to the gym regularly to gain muscle.
- To retain his agility and take advantage of increasing muscle mass, Nolan learns parkour / free-running at Tempest Freerunning gym sometimes and practices rock-climbing on other days when he simply needs to blow off some steam.
- He often tests his physical skills on an obstacle course.
- Nolan is extremely fond of traveling and he often explores different terrains by backpacking and hiking through them.
- He is into a range of outdoor activities and has tried rappelling, trekking, and scuba diving.
- Living a physically intense, active lifestyle, Nolan can afford to eat whatever he wants for now and does not need to worry about limiting calories.
Nolan Gould Favorite Things
- National Park – Yosemite, Zion
- Outdoor Activities – Paragliding, Shark Diving
- Gadget – MacBook Pro
- Video Game – Skyrim
- Application – Words with Friends
- Indulgence – Video Games
- Nighttime Ritual – Going on Twitter
- About Playing Luke – Empathizes with his character’s girl troubles
- Modern Family episode – Fulgencio (Season 4, Episode 13)
Nolan Gould Facts
- Nolan is so convincing playing a dumb Luke Dunphy that most people find it difficult to believe he has an exceptionally high IQ of 150.
- His earliest modeling gig was at the age of 5. A picture of Nolan dressed as a pirate was printed on the cover package of a pirate costume.
- Nolan’s mother enrolled his older brother Aidan in the theater when he was 5 and Nolan joined him at the age of 3 because she recognized early that both her sons had advanced learning abilities for their ages.
- Being a musician is Nolan’s backup career option. He likes to play the banjo, double bass, didgeridoo, and mandolin. He has tried his hand at theremin and sitar but found them difficult to master.
- During the initial seasons of Modern Family, Nolan, Ariel Winter, and Rico Rodriguez were required to attend school on the sets for 3 hours every day under the supervision of a teacher as a compulsory part of their distance education.
- Not only did Nolan finish High School early, but being an avid reader, he finished reading Catch 22, The Hunger Games and Lord of the Rings Trilogy books on his iPad by the time he was 13.
- He disclosed on Instagram that he is an advanced open water diver.
- During 2014-2015, Nolan was reportedly earning $70,000 per episode of Modern Family.
- Nolan is environmentally very conscious. He is a part of an environmental organization called Sierra Club and particularly made a choice to purchase an electric hybrid as his first car.
- He seriously follows all the lessons he learned as a former Boy Scout and hopes to promote them further by making documentaries on animal conservation and environmental efforts.
- Nolan also studied photography and considers being a photographer for National Geographic as one of his dream jobs.
- Follow Nolan on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.