|Peter Krause Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||August 12, 1965|
Peter Krause is an American actor, producer, director, and theatre artist who is known for having had a very successful career in the entertainment industry as he has starred in various shows playing a variety of characters such as Casey McCall in Sports Night, Nate Fisher in Six Feet Under, Nick George in Dirty S*xy Money, Adam Braverman in Parenthood, Bobby Nash in 9-1-1, and Benjamin Jones in The Catch. He grew up alongside his siblings in Roseville, Ramsey County, Minnesota, United States and has also been cast in a number of films such as We Don’t Live Here Anymore, The Truman Show, Saint Judy, Blood Harvest, Night Owls, It’s a Shame About Ray, and Melting Pot. From playing different roles in movies and shows to guest-starring in shows, Peter Krause has done it all and has been a guest on shows like The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Late Show with David Letterman, Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, The Megan Mullally Show, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, The Queen Latifah Show, and Live! with Kelly. Moreover, Peter Krause’s acting finesse has also been acknowledged as he has been nominated for numerous awards such as Primetime Emmy Award, Golden Globe Award, and Screen Actors Guild Award.
Peter William Krause
Alexandria, Douglas County, Minnesota, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Peter Krause got enrolled at Gustavus Adolphus College, a private, coeducational liberal arts college located in St. Peter, Minnesota, United States, and was a pre-med major for a semester. However, he later changed his major and graduated college with a degree in English literature in 1987.
Later, he attended the New York University‘s Graduate Acting Program at the Tisch School of the Arts and graduated with a Master of Fine Arts degree in Acting.
Actor, Producer, Director, Theatre Artist
- Father – William Popham Krause (He was a high school English teacher.)
- Mother – Wanda Marie (Johnson) (She taught the 2nd grade.)
- Siblings – Michael Krause (Younger Brother), Amy Krause (Sister)
- Others – William George Krause (Paternal Grandfather), John Julius Krause (Paternal Great Grandfather), Augusta E. “Gustie” Schumacher (Paternal Great Grandmother), William Schumacher (Paternal Great Great Grandfather), Louisa Lentz (Paternal Great Great Grandmother), Gertrude Louise Popham (Paternal Grandmother), William Henry Popham (Paternal Great Grandfather), John Popham (Paternal Great Great Grandfather), Hannah Neath (Paternal Great Great Grandmother), Pauline Grams (Paternal Great Grandmother), Christoph/Christof Grams (Paternal Great Great Grandfather), Emilie Doege (Paternal Great Great Grandmother)
Peter Krause is represented by 42 West, Public Relations Agency, New York City, New York, United States.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Peter Krause has dated –
- Mae Whitman – Peter Krause previously dated actress and singer, Mae Whitman, who is known for having worked in a number of shows and movies such as Good Girls, Dragons: Race to the Edge, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, DreamWorks Dragons, Family Guy, State of Grace, Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas. Whitman is more than 20 years younger than Krause and their relationship was very short-termed. The duo has also worked together in the comedy-drama TV series, Parenthood.
- Alicia Witt (1995-1999) – In the year 1995, Peter Krause started going out with actress, singer, songwriter, and pianist, Alicia Witt, who has worked in shows like The Walking Dead, The Sopranos, Nashville, Two and a Half Men, Friday Night Lights, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Cybill, Justified, Twin Peaks: The Return, and Orange Is the New Black. She is also around 10 years younger than Peter Krause and they were an item for around 4 years before they decided to part ways in 1999.
- Christine King (1999-2003) – He started seeing Christine King in the year 1999. Soon after, in 2001, the duo was blessed with their first child together, a son named Roman. However, their relationship eventually started to crumble and they called it quits in 2003.
- Tamela D’Amico (2006-2010) – Tamela D’Amico is a recording artist, actress, filmmaker, and social media influencer who started dating Peter Krause in 2006. The duo had a considerable age difference and they were seen together on a couple of occasions before they decided to split in the year 2010.
- Natalie Zea (2007) – Peter Krause had a fling with actress Natalie Zea in 2007. She has appeared in shows such as Members Only, The Detour, Passions, Two and a Half Men, Dirty S*xy Money, and Eyes.
- Lauren Graham (2010-Present) – In 2010, Peter Krause started going out with actress and author, Lauren Graham, who has been cast in the lead role of Lorelai Gilmore in the comedy-drama TV series, Gilmore Girls. Peter Krause and Graham had already met one another in the year 1995 when they were cast in the NBC situation comedy sitcom, Caroline in the City, but did not start dating until 2010 when they were cast as siblings in the comedy-drama show, Parenthood.
Race / Ethnicity
Peter Krause is of German and English descent.
- Deep-set eyes
- High cheekbones
Best Known For
- Having starred as Nate Fisher in the serial-drama black-comedy series, Six Feet Under, alongside actors Michael C. Hall, Frances Conroy, Lauren Ambrose, Freddy Rodriguez, Mathew St. Patrick, Jeremy Sisto, Rachel Griffiths, James Cromwell, and Justina Machado. For his performance, he won the Screen Actors Guild Award in the “Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series” category in both 2003 and 2004 and Prism Award in the “Best Performance in a Drama Series” category in 2004. In total, the role won him 3 Primetime Emmy Awards nominations, 2 Golden Globe Awards nominations, and 7 Screen Actors Guild Awards nominations.
- Having been cast as Casey McCall in the comedy-drama television series, Sports Night, in which he starred alongside the likes of Josh Charles, Felicity Huffman, Joshua Malina, Sabrina Lloyd, and Robert Guillaume. Peter Krause also got nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award in the “Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series” category as well as Viewers for Quality Television Award in the “Best Actor in a Quality Drama Series” category in the year 2000.
- Starring as Adam Braverman in the family comedy-drama television series, Parenthood, alongside actors Lauren Graham, Dax Shepard, Monica Potter, Erika Christensen, Sam Jaeger, Savannah Paige Rae, Sarah Ramos, Max Burkholder, Joy Bryant, Miles Heizer, Mae Whitman, and others
- Appearing as one of the lead characters, Bobby Nash, in the procedural drama television series, 9-1-1, along with actors Angela Bassett, Oliver Stark, Aisha Hinds, Connie Britton, Jennifer Love Hewitt, and Ryan Guzman
- Having been nominated for various prestigious awards such as Primetime Emmy Award, Golden Globe Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, Prism Award, and Satellite Award
- Playing a wide range of characters in films such as Scott in Blood Harvest, Tim in Lovelife, Pedro Marine in Melting Pot, Lawrence in The Truman Show, Hank Evans in We Don’t Live Here Anymore, Terry Allen in Civic Duty, Rob Kingson in Beastly, William Campbell in Night Owls, Mr. Hanks in It’s a Shame About Ray, and Matthew in Saint Judy
Peter Krause made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Scott in the horror drama film, Blood Harvest, in 1987. Directed by Bill Rebane, the film starred the likes of Tiny Tim, Itonia Salchek, and Lori Minneti.
First TV Show
Peter Krause made his first TV show appearance by playing ‘Skit characters’ in an episode, titled Reunion, of the comedy anthology series, Carol & Company, in 1990. Krause was a part of the lead cast of the show alongside actors Carol Burnett, Anita Barone, Meagen Fay, Richard Kind, Terry Kiser, and Jeremy Piven.
He stays fit by working out regularly at the gym.
Peter Krause Facts
- He grew up alongside his siblings in Roseville, Ramsey County, Minnesota, United States.
- His last name ‘Krause’ is pronounced as ‘KROW-zuh’ in which ‘KROW’ rhymes with the word ‘wow’.
- While Peter Krause attended New York University, he used to work as a bartender along with writer, producer, and actor, Aaron Sorkin, at the Palace Theater in New York City, New York.
- In the summer of 2004, he was cast in a revival of Arthur Miller’s play titled After the Fall.
- Originally, Peter Krause auditioned for the role of David Fisher in the series, Six Feet Under. However, Alan Ball, the creator of the show, was impressed with Krause and offered him to instead play the role of Nate Fisher and Michael C. Hall was cast for the role of David.
- Between 2012 and 2014, he directed a few episodes of the show, Parenthood.
- Peter Krause has often declined the roles in which he is cast as a doctor or a lawyer.
- As a producer, he has worked on projects such as 9-1-1, Got a Little Story: EPK, Dirty S*xy Money, Civic Duty, and many more.
- Over the years, Peter Krause has also guest-starred in shows such as The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn, The Daily Show, Late Show with David Letterman, Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, The Megan Mullally Show, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, The Bonnie Hunt Show, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, The Queen Latifah Show, and Live! with Kelly.
- He is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Greg Hernandez / Flickr / CC BY 2.0