|Petra Ecclestone Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 19, 1988|
Petra Ecclestone is a British heiress, model, fashion designer, and socialite who is known for being the daughter of the business magnate and former British Chief Executive of the Formula One Group, Bernie Ecclestone, and Croatian model Slavica Ecclestone. She grew up alongside her older sister, Tamara Ecclestone, who is over 4 years older to Petra. Ever since she was a child, Petra Ecclestone aspired to become a fashion designer and at the age of 19, she created her very own menswear label named FORM. Her divorce with ex-husband, James Stunt, in 2017 became the talk of the town and was counted as one of Britain’s biggest ever divorce settlements. Irrespective of her fame and inherited wealth, Petra Ecclestone tries to maintain a low-key lifestyle as much as she can and also refrains from divulging many details about her personal life.
Westminster, London, England, United Kingdom
Petra Ecclestone has residences in –
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Chelsea, London, England, United Kingdom
Petra Ecclestone got enrolled at the Trevor-Roberts School in London, England. Then, she went on to study at the Francis Holland School in London, England, United Kingdom.
She also studied at Benenden School which is an independent boarding school for girls located in Kent, England, United Kingdom. Afterward, she was accepted to study fashion at the Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design in London, England but she decided against joining it.
Heiress, Model, Fashion Designer, Socialite
- Father – Bernie Ecclestone (Business Magnate, Former Chief Executive of the Formula One Group)
- Mother – Slavica Ecclestone (Croatian Model)
- Siblings – Tamara Ecclestone Rutland (Older Sister) (Model, Socialite, Television Personality, Entrepreneur)
- Others – Sydney William Ecclestone (Paternal Grandfather), Robert Henry Ecclestone (Paternal Great Grandfather), Robert Henry Ecclestone (Paternal Great Great Grandfather), Emily Jay (Paternal Great Great Grandmother), Flora Mills Hunwick (Paternal Great Grandmother), William Frederick Mills (Paternal Great Great Grandfather), Alice Tiffen Hunwick (Paternal Great Great Grandmother), Bertha Sophia Westley (Paternal Grandmother), George Henry Westley (Paternal Great Grandfather), Richard Westley (Paternal Great Great Grandfather), Emily Ann Spiller (Paternal Great Great Grandmother), Rosina Loram (Paternal Great Grandmother), Jesse Loram (Paternal Great Great Grandfather), Mary Ann Edwards (Paternal Great Great Grandmother), Jay Rutland (Brother-In-Law) (Creative Director at Maddox Gallery), Sophia Ecclestone-Rutland (Niece), Deborah (Older Paternal Half Sister)
Petra Ecclestone is managed by Lauren Bosworth.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Petra Ecclestone has dated –
- James Stunt (2007-2017) – She started dating businessman James Stunt around the year 2007 after they first met each other through a blind date and the couple was then seen together on various occasions. Their romance went on for the next couple of years and, eventually, they decided to officially declare their love for one another and, therefore, tied the knot on August 27, 2011, at Odescalchi Castle, located near Rome, Italy. The wedding was a lavish event that cost around £12 million and it was also reported that the couple also signed a pre-nuptial agreement before their wedding. For the wedding, Petra Ecclestone wore a stunning Vera Wang dress that cost £80,000 and David Guetta, Eric Clapton, and the Black Eyed Peas performed at the wedding.
Then, in February 2013, their first child, a daughter named Lavinia Stunt, was born in the United Kingdom. After 2 years, Petra Ecclestone and James Stunt were blessed with twin boys, namely, James Robert Fredrick Stunt Jr. and Andrew Kulbir Stunt in April 2015. However, after being married for around more than 6 years, their relationship started to crumble and the duo finally got divorced in 2017. Their separation also took a nasty turn when James Stunt called his former in-laws, Bernie Ecclestone and Slavica Ecclestone, ‘that dwarf’ and ‘Lady Macbeth’ during an interview with Tatler magazine. Bernie Ecclestone even hinted in an interview that the duo’s marriage fell apart because of James’s addiction to drugs. He said, “He got heavily into drugs and that has changed him and they have taken their toll. It is a great shame as James was a nice man when he got married…”
Moreover, James Stunt said that his marriage to the daughter of a C-list celebrity also affected his public standing and described Petra as ‘the best girl I ever met’ who later changed into a completely different human being.
- Sam Palmer (2018-Present) – Sam Palmer is a gallery manager who started dating Petra Ecclestone in 2018. Later, he proposed to Petra and announced their engagement on New Year’s Eve. They have since been together and can often be seen enjoying in one another’s company. However, after the couple announced that they were engaged, Petra’s father, Bernie Ecclestone, said that he does not know what the hurry was as Petra had gone through a rather messy divorce.
Race / Ethnicity
Petra Ecclestone is of English descent on her father’s side and has Croatian roots on her mother’s side.
- Pouty lips
- A mole on her cheek
- Deep set eyes
Petra Ecclestone has not done any endorsement work yet.
Best Known For
- Being the daughter of the business magnate and former British Chief Executive of the Formula One Group, Bernie Ecclestone, and Croatian model Slavica Ecclestone
- Buying The Manor, the largest home in Los Angeles County, in 2011 for a whopping $85 million from the previous owners, Aaron Spelling and Candy Spelling. It is a French chateau-style 57,000-square-foot (5,300 m2) mansion and has 123 rooms and includes a screening room, gym, bowling alley, three rooms for wrapping presents, four two-car garages, tennis court, and pool.
- The menswear label, FORM, which was created by her at the age of 19
First TV Show
Petra Ecclestone made her first TV show appearance as herself in an episode, titled 2008 Monaco Grand Prix, of the sports series, ITV – Formula One, in May 2008.
Petra Ecclestone Favorite Things
- Artist – Tracey Emin
Source – W Magazine
Petra Ecclestone Facts
- As a child, she always dreamed of becoming a fashion designer.
- When she was 14 years old, Petra Ecclestone contracted viral meningitis which, according to her, “changed her life forever” and made her more conscious about her health and well being. She also serves as an ambassador for the Meningitis Trust, a trust which aims at eradicating meningitis from the United Kingdom.
- She has also claimed that she is a hypochondriac and is obsessed with cleanliness.
- In 2011, she appeared on the reality TV show, Selling Spelling Manor, alongside Candy Spelling and Tori Spelling.
- When she bought The Manor, Rick Hilton served as the broker for both Spelling and Ecclestone and, hence, received a record-breaking commission for the sale.
- The custom license plate of her dashing Range Rover reads ‘P3TRA’.
- Despite all the inherited riches and fame, Petra Ecclestone is a very low-key and shy kind of a person who prefers to keep her personal life away from the public eye.
- While her sister, Tamara Ecclestone, keeps herself busy by flaunting her unimaginable lifestyle through shows as well as social media, Petra did not even reveal the names of her twins even after a couple of months of their birth.
- Petra Ecclestone does not drink much and only indulges in occasional drinks.
- She has said that she was inclined towards working on a menswear label because it was certainly a “bigger niche” and also because “womenswear was too saturated”.
- She is fluent in Croatian while she is also capable of understanding languages like French and Italian.
- Petra Ecclestone does not have any verified social media account.
Featured Image by Petra Ecclestone Foundation / Instagram