Raj Kumar, Rao, Raj, Raju
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Rajkummar completed his schooling from Sh. S. N. Sidheshwar Public School and then completed his bachelor’s degree in Arts from Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College (ARSD)–University of Delhi while also pursuing his passion for theatre.
He graduated from the Film and Television Institute of India in Pune.
- Father – Unknown (Government Official)
- Mother – Unknown (Homemaker) (Died in 2016)
- Siblings – Unknown
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rajkummar has dated –
- Patralekha (2013-Present) – Actress Patralekha was also Rao’s co-star in the film Citylights whom he met when the two were studying at the Film and Television Institute of India. They began dating in 2013. The two are very much in love and are regularly seen together at events and social gatherings. Rajkummar went on to clarify that the two are very happy currently and are in no hurry to settle down and tie the knot. The two were even spotted vacationing in Thailand in December 2017 and Rajkummar even posted pictures of it on his Instagram.
Race / Ethnicity
Rajkummar belongs to the Yadav community in Northern India.
- His smile
- His innocent face
Rajkummar has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Titan Celestial Time
- Cadbury Glow
Best Known For
Being an established actor in the Bollywood film industry with his fine and versatile acting skills which have helped him bag the National Film Award, Filmfare Award, and an Asia Pacific Screen Award.
Rajkummar made his theatrical film debut in the mystery-drama movie Rann where he played the role of a news reporter in 2010.
First TV Show
Rajkummar made his television show debut on the comedy series Comedy Nights with Kapil as himself in 2014.
Rajkummar is known for his slim and slender body. For his role in Bose, he gained 12 kg which he eventually had to lose.
His workout regime was intense and he skipped his breakfast and lunch and directly had dinner which was protein-rich after an intense workout of 3 hours which mainly consisted of cardio and muscle strengthening and building exercises.
He always maintains a healthy lifestyle and it is of prime importance to him.
Rajkummar Rao Favorite Things
- Movie – The Godfather
- City – New York, Amsterdam
- Night Spot – His Home
- Band – Coldplay
- Cuisine – Italian, Indian
- Romantic Film – Blue Valentine, The Notebook, Dil Se
Source – The Indian Express, Rediff, Live In Style, Free Press Journal
Rajkummar Rao Facts
- He wanted to become an actor after watching Shahrukh Khan in Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge and is in love with cinema since the age of 13.
- He was born in a middle-class family and pursued theatre at Shri Ram Centre for Performing Arts and later at the Kshitij Theatre Repertory after he completed his studies.
- For the web series Bose: Dead/Alive, Rao had to gain 12 kgs of weight and also shave off some part of his head to portray the role of Subhash Chandra Bose.
- His mother added the extra “m” to his name since she believed in numerology.
- Follow Rajkummar on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Maximilian Bühn / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0