Dry Bamboo (nickname developed during school days), Rachel
Bom Retiro do Sul, RS, Brazil
Fashion / Runway model
- Father – Was a beekeeper
- Mother – Was seamstress (the one who sews)
- Siblings – She has 2 siblings
Raquel can be contacted by these modeling agencies –
- Ford Models Brasil – Sao Paulo
- Viva Models – Paris
- Why Not Model Agency – Milan
- DNA Model Management
- Ten Model Management
- Wilhelmina Models – Panama
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
58 kg or 128 pounds
Zimmermann is married to a Chilean photographer Ruy Sanchez Blanco. She resides in New York, USA.
Race / Ethnicity
White (German and Brazilian)
The model can play guitar
34-24-35 in or 86.5-61-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
9.5 (US) or 41 (EU) or 7 (UK)
The model has advertised for a huge number of brands and designers. The list is as follows –
+J Jil Sander for Uniqlo, A.Brand, Alexander Wang, Alexander McQueen, Animale, Arezzo, Balenciaga, Bloomingdales, Beneducci, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, Calvin Klein eyewear, Car Shoe, Cavalli jeans, Cerruti, CK by Calvin Klein, Chanel eyewear, Chloé, Christian Dior, Clairol, De Beers, Dolce & Gabbana, DSquared2, Emanuel Ungaro, Escada, Escada Sport, Fendi, Forevermark, GAP, Giorgio Armani, Gucci, H&M, H&M by Viktor & Rolf, Hermes, Hugo Boss, Hugo by Hugo Boss, Jean Paul Gaultier, Jimmy Choo, Juicy Couture, Krizia, Lanvin, Loewe, Louis Vuitton, Miss Sixty, Marc Jacobs, MAC Cosmetics, Max Mara, Neiman Marcus, Oscar de la Renta, Oscar de la Renta eyewear, Prada, Paco Rabanne, Printemps, Reinaldo Lourenço, Rena Lange, Roberto Cavalli, Rosa Chá, Saks Fifth Avenue, Shiseido, Sinequanone, Time, TSE, Versace, Viktor & Rolf “Eau Mega” fragrance, Valentino, YSL cosmetics, and Yves Saint Laurent.
Best Known For
Working with famous brands such as Victoria’s Secret, Chanel, Calvin Klein, GAP, and others.
In 2009, she appeared in a 90-minute long documentary The September Issue where she played the role as herself.
First Fashion Show
The model started her first ramp walk with Ready to wear – Autumn / Winter 1999 fashion show where she walked the ramp for Emporio Armani, Gianfranco Ferré, Krizia.
First TV Show
In 2005, she appeared in Brazilian comedy-drama television series Belíssima for her role as modelo.
She says her workout is only bicycle riding. And this is her favorite thing too.
She is genetically thin. So, it does not take many efforts for her to remain lean and in the best possible shape.
Raquel Zimmermann Favorite Things
- Fashion Designer – Hedi Slimane
Source – NyMag
Raquel Zimmermann Facts
- She appeared in annual Victoria’s Secret fashion show in 2002, 2005 and 2006.
- She also appeared in 2010 French Vogue calendar.
- She likes to play guitar and listening to Metallica.
- Raquel was discovered at 14 in Porto Alegre, Brazil by an agent.
- She performs a special form of meditation regularly called the Transcendental Meditation technique developed by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.
- She has been featured in Lady Gaga‘s music video “Born This Way” released on May 23, 2011.
- She initially dreamed of becoming an architect.
- If you are not already, you may want to follow her on Twitter.