Saskia de Brauw
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
She has studied art at renowned Dutch academy Gerrit Rietveld Academie in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Fashion/ Runway Model, Artist, Photographer
Saskia has been signed up by these modeling agencies –
- Paparazzi Model Management – Amsterdam
- DNA Model Management
- Viva Models – London
- Leni’s Model Management
5 ft 9½ in or 177 cm
50 kg or 110 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Vincent van de Wijngaard, a photographer is dating Saskia since 2009.
Race / Ethnicity
- Her body, hair, lips.
- Being a female supermodel, she has a masculine look.
- Has been signed to Ford agency as a male model.
34-25-35 in or 86.5-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU) or 6 (UK)
She has advertised for several brands/ fashion designers such as Chanel, DSquared2, Eres, Giorgio Armani, Givenchy, H&M, Hogan by Karl Lagerfeld, Hunkemöller, KARL by Karl Lagerfeld, Lanvin, Loewe, Max Mara, Moncler, Prada, Versace, Zara.
She has not spoken about her religious beliefs.
Best Known For
First Music Video
She appeared on the music video for the single “The Stars (Are Out Tonight)” which is the second single from David Bowie‘s 24th studio album “The Next Day”. In this video, Saskia can be alongside Andrej Pejic, Tilda Swinton and David Bowie, which is released in 2013. She played the character of young Bowie. But, in the credits, she has been listed as “Celebrity 2”.
She has not done any films.
First TV Show
Of course, her first TV show was a Ready to Wear – Spring/ Summer 2011 fashion show in which she made it to the ramp for Daks, Matthew Williamson, and Reed Krakoff.
She does workouts and eats a balanced diet to stay fit. She says –
“I’ve been 6f.t 2 ins. since I was 13.”
“I remember as a teen being able to eat more than my father. I was growing so fast and my body couldn’t keep up.”
“Sometimes People Mistake Me for a Man. I see myself as quite feminine.”
Saskia Favorite Vacation
- Colinne Michaelis is her good friend.
- She has a great desire to travel to India. She wants to start with Rajasthan.
- Saskia de Brauw is a photographer also.
- She appeared in the 2012 edition of Pirelli calendar.
- She started modeling early in her life but left it at 16 to pursue her interest in art.
- Saskia is the first woman to be signed to the Ford agency as a male model.
- She has also been signed to model for menswear line. Saint Laurent Paris is one of them.
- After leaving modeling at 16, she did a comeback when she was 29 and was featured on the Vogue magazine covers twice in the same month.
- Since 2011, she has filled various magazine covers with her appearance like Vogue, Madame Figaro, Numéro, Elle, V Magazine, Marie Claire, L’Officiel, Dazed & Confused, etc.