|Sebastián Fernández Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 12, 2000|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sebastián Fernández is a Venezuelan–Spanish racing driver. He is best known for driving for Campos Racing in the 2019 FIA Formula 3 Championship and winning 27th place.
Sebastián Fernández Wahbeh
- 25 – Campos Racing
- 44 – MP Motorsport
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Tattoo on his stomach and both forearms
- Earrings in one or both ears
Sebastián Fernández has endorsed brands such as –
- Motorsport Images
He was also a supporter of the Black Lives Matter movement in 2020.
Sebastián Fernández Favorite Things
- Soccer Club – Real Madrid
- Soccer Players – Cristiano Ronaldo, Iker Casillas
- Racing Driver Of All Time – Fernando Alonso
- Racing Driver (In 2020) – Max Verstappen
- Dream Car – Rolls-Royce Phantom
- Video Games – Grand Theft Auto, FIFA
- Food – Pasta
- Movie – Scarface (1983)
- Quote – “A race isn’t won until it’s over.” – Niki Lauda
Sebastián Fernández Facts
- He started his career by competing in go-karting between the years of 2009 and 2015. He made his debut driving a 60 cc kart at the 2009 Easykart Venezuela and finished in 6th place.
- Besides Alonso, some of his childhood idols are racing drivers Felipe Massa, Romain Grosjean, Pedro de la Rosa, Valtteri Bottas, Mark Webber, and Pastor Maldonado.
- Sebastián received a Formula One steering wheel as a gift in July 2013. He kept it as part of his memorabilia collection in hopes of one day making a Formula One debut.
- Sebastián scored his 1st major win at the second last race of the 2016 Italian F4 Championship at Monza. He finished in 15th place.
- In 2017, Sebastián won 5 races and finished in 4th place at the Italian F4 Championship and thus moved to Formula 3.
- Sebastián finished 21st at the 2018 FIA Formula 3 European Championship after he was signed by Campos Racing.
- When he finished 27th at the 2019 FIA Formula 3 Championship, it was much to his disappointment. He was the 3rd lowest out of all drivers that competed in every event of the championship.
- He was crushed by the news of the tragic death of a fellow racing driver, Anthoine Hubert, on August 31, 2019.
- Sebastián was signed to ART Grand Prix‘s team for the 2020 Formula 3 season alongside Russian racing driver Aleksandr Smolyar and French racing driver Théo Pourchaire.
- His dream race would be a street track around Madrid. It would go through a big street named Serrano, and then around Puerta del Sol and Puerta de Alcalá. The circuit would closely resemble a Baku circuit. This is primarily so that everyone can come to see the iconic places in the city, in addition to Sebastián switching up from his usual preference of normal circuits.
- Sebastián would like to do a professional night race. He drove karting vehicles at night, but never a car.
- Sebastián jumps rope as a form of cardio at home.
- He prefers hot weather over the cold one.
- Sebastián loves dogs but doesn’t like cats.
- His biggest fear is losing someone he loves.
- He is terrible at singing. This is one of the reasons he loves hip-hop/rap music – he isn’t afraid to sing along.
- He likes to watch Formula One, NASCAR series, and Indy 500 races in his free time.
- He would prefer to come 5 minutes late to an event rather than 20 minutes early.
- Sebastián is good friends with a fellow racing driver from Australia, Alex Peroni.
Featured Image by Sebastián Fernández / Instagram