|Sterling Knight Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||March 5, 1989|
Sterling Knight is an American actor, singer, and dancer who is best known for portraying roles such as Chad Dylan Cooper in Sonny with a Chance, Christopher Wilde in Starstruck, and Zander Carlson in Melissa & Joey. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as 17 Again, Elle: A Modern Cinderella Tale, The Muppets, The Man from Earth: Holocene, Hi-Jinks, Hannah Montana, The Closer, Grey’s Anatomy, Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja, The Hotwives of Orlando, Crowded, and many more. Sterling has been featured in the music videos of songs such as Demi Lovato’s La La Land and Anna Margaret‘s Something About The Sunshine. For his acting skills, he has been honored with numerous awards such as the Hollywood Teen TV Award.
Sterling Sandmann Knight
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
- Siblings – Spencer Shuga Knight (Younger Brother), Samantha Scarlett Knight (Younger Sister)
Agency for the Performing Arts L.A.
He contributed vocals for 2 songs for the movie album, Sonny with a Chance in 2010, which was released by Walt Disney.
5 ft 9½ in or 177 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sterling Knight has dated –
- Maddie Cyrus (2007-2008) – Sterling Knight started dating Miley Cyrus’s cousin Maddie Cyrus after meeting her while doing guest appearances in the Hannah Montana show. Reportedly, they met at one of the parties held for the show. They dated for around a year before separating in 2008.
- Jessica Bridgeman (2009-2010) – Sterling reportedly started dating actress Jessica Bridgeman after meeting her at the Jonas Brothers 3D Concert Experience Premiere in February 2009.
- Ayla Kell (2011-Present) – Sterling Knight started dating actress Ayla Kell in 2011. However, their relationship didn’t become common knowledge until the 2013 finale of the series, Melissa & Joey. Since then, they have been very public about their relationship and regularly share social media posts of them together.
Race / Ethnicity
Blond locks and sparkling blue eyes
Best Known For
- Starring as Chad Dylan Cooper in the Disney TV series Sonny with a Chance from 2009 to 2011.
- Portraying Zander Carlson in the TV series Melissa & Joey from 2013 to 2015.
As a Singer
In 2010, Sterling contributed vocals for 2 songs for the Sonny with a Chance movie soundtrack.
He made his first film appearance in the 2005 short film Calm for his role as Skater Boy.
First TV Show
In 2006, Knight made his TV show debut in the hidden camera series Hi-Jinks for his role as Brendan in just 1 episode.
Sterling Knight trains with the creator of Kinobody workout series, Greg O’Gallagher. Gallagher even shared workout video on his YouTube page featuring Sterling Knight and his then-girlfriend Ayla Kell.
The workout began with three sets of incline dumbbell press, followed by two sets of weighted chin-ups. The next exercise was flat bench presses with decreasing load and increasing reps. After that, he did incline bench dumbbell curls followed by rope triceps extensions.
As per Gallagher, Sterling had lost around 35 to 40 pounds in nine months while working out with him. And, during that period, he had seen great improvement in his strength as well. Below is the full video of the workout.
Sterling Knight Facts
- Sterling Knight is an adept singer and performs in the band with his friend and actor Matt Shively. The band is called Connecting Channels.
- As a kid, Sterling Knight did theater for 10 years before moving into mainstream acting.
- To get into mainstream acting, he relocated to Los Angeles and started auditioning by the age of 13.
- Sterling has appeared in the music video of “La La Land” by Demi Lovato.
- In the Nylon Magazine’s young Hollywood issue, he was included in the list of “55 Most Promising Stars of the Future.”