Stray Kids is a South Korean boy band whose members are Bang Chan, Woojin, Lee Know, Changbin, Hyunjin, Han, Felix, Seungmin, and I.N. It was formed by JYP Entertainment in 2017 through an eponymous television show. Since then, Stray Kids has been working extensively and has released various EPs, mixtapes, music videos, and singles which include the likes of I Am Not, I Am Who, I Am You, Clé 1: Miroh, Clé 2: Yellow Wood, District 9, I Am You, My Pace, Miroh, and Side Effects. The boy band has made fans from all over the world and has also garnered an impressive social media fan base with more than 5 million followers on Instagram, more than 2 million followers on Twitter, and more than a million followers on Facebook.
- Woojin – Vocalist
- Bang Chan – Leader, Producer, Vocalist, Dancer, Rapper
- Lee Know – Dancer
- Changbin – Rapper, Producer
- Hyunjin – Dancer, Rapper
- Han – Producer, Vocalist, Rapper
- Felix – Dancer, Rapper
- Seungmin – Vocalist
- I.N – Vocalist
Seoul, South Korea
K-Pop, Hip Hop, Electronica
Stray Kids embarked on its Unveil World Tour in the year 2019 and the tour covered places such as Bangkok, Jakarta, Melbourne, Pasadena, Sydney, London, Paris, Moscow, Berlin, and many others.
- Stray Kids has released a number of EPs, mixtapes, music videos, and singles which include the likes of I Am Not, I Am Who, I Am You, Clé 1: Miroh, Clé 2: Yellow Wood, District 9, I Am You, My Pace, Miroh, and Side Effects.
- ‘I Am Not‘ is Stray Kids‘ debut extended play which was released on March 26, 2018, via JYP Entertainment and is comprised of songs such as District 9, Not!, Mirror, and Awaken. The EP was ranked at number #4 in the Gaon Album Chart, at number #5 in the US Billboard World Albums chart, at number #9 in the New Zealand Heatseeker Albums (RMNZ) chart, and at number #23 in the US Billboard Heatseekers Albums chart.
- The band’s pre-debut extended play, Mixtape, was released on January 8, 2018, via JYP Entertainment and Genie Music and it included 7 tracks – Hellevator, Spread My Wings, School Life, Yayaya, 4419, Glow, and Beware. The EP was ranked at number #2 in the US World Albums (Billboard) chart as well as in the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart, at number #9 in the New Zealand Heatseeker Albums (RMNZ) chart, and at number #22 in the Independent Albums (Billboard) chart.
- Clé 1: Miroh, the 4th EP by Stray Kids, was released on March 25, 2019, via JYP Entertainment and Iriver. It comprises of songs such as Entrance, Miroh, Victory Song, Maze of Memories, and Chronosaurus and topped the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart as it was placed on the chart’s topmost position. Also, it was ranked at number #3 in the US World Albums (Billboard) chart, at number #13 in the Top Heatseekers (Billboard) chart, and at number #15 in the Japanese Albums (Oricon) chart.
Stray Kids Facts
- After JYP Entertainment (JYPE) announced a new survival show titled Stray Kids, the eponymous boy band was launched in the year 2017. The agency released the band’s very first music video for a song titled Hellevator even before the show premiered and later, the song went on to be released as a digital single. In the show, 2 members, Lee Know and Felix, got eliminated from being a part of the group but, fortunately, ended up being in the final line-up.
- The band members have appeared on a variety of shows and dramas such as The 9th, Intro: I Am Not, The 9th: Season 2, Intro: I Am Who, Stray Kids Amigo TV, Two Kids Room, SKZ Honey-tips, The 9th: Season 3, The 9th: Season 4, Intro: I Am You, Two Kids Room Vol. 2, Finding Stray Kids, Two Kids Room Vol. 3, What If You Are A JYP Entertainment’s Trainee?, and The Reveal Of Secret Diary Of Stray Kids [The Future Diary_EP.05].
- The band has done endorsement work for a variety of brands which include the likes of Jambangee Jeans, Ivy Club, Minute Maid Sparkling, Pro-Specs, and many others.
- Stray Kids has also been chosen as the ambassador for the likes of Lotte Duty-Free and Talk Talk Korea Contest (2019) and it has also served as an honorary ambassador for the Korean Culture and Information Service (KOCIS) as well as the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism (MCST).
- The group was showcased for the very first time on March 5, 2018, at the Jangchung Arena in Jung District, Seoul, South Korea.
- Stray Kids gave its first overseas performance at KCON Japan 2018 on April 14, 2018.
- Over the years, Stray Kids has won a number of awards such as Asia Artist Award, Gaon Chart Music Award, Asia Model Award, Golden Disc Award, MBC Plus X Genie Music Award, Mnet Asian Music Award, Seoul Music Award, Soribada Best K-Music Award, U+5G The Fact Music Award, Korea First Brand Award, Soompi Award, and many more.
- The group has also amassed a huge social media fan base with more than 5 million followers on Instagram, more than 2 million followers on Twitter, and more than a million followers on Facebook.
- Visit Stray Kids‘ official website @ straykids.jype.com.
- Follow the boy band, Stray Kids, on Instagram, Spotify, iTunes, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Stray Kids / Instagram