Tameka Dianne Cottle
Tiny Harris, Lil mama
College Park, Georgia, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Tameka Cottle went to the Tri-Cities Performing Arts High School.
Singer, songwriter, television personality
- Father – Charles “Speedy” Pope (Member of R&B group, The Tams) (Passed away in 2013)
- Mother – Dianne Cottle
- Siblings – Michelle Pope (Sister), Red Pope (Brother)
- Others – Joseph Pope (Paternal Uncle) (Member of R&B group, The Tams), Otis Pope (Paternal Grandfather), Rosa Bell Byrd (Paternal Grandmother)
Tameka Cottle is represented by Nick Roses.
Sony BMG Music Entertainment, Grand Hustle
4 ft 11 in or 150 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tameka Cottle has dated –
- Tupac Shakur – On multiple occasions, Tameka has claimed that she had an affair with rap legend Tupac Shakur in the early nineties.
- Blac Chyna – In January 2017, Rob Kardashian claimed that his estranged wife Blac Chyna had a threesome with Tameka and T.I.
- Zebo Pullins (1992-1998) – Tameka Cottle started going out with Zebo Pullins in 1992 while she was still in high school. In March 1996, she gave birth to their daughter, Zonnique Pullins, who is also a singer and is signed to her record label. They decided to end their relationship in 1998.
- T.I. (2001-2016) – In 2001, Tameka started going out with rapper and actor Clifford Joseph Harris Jr. (T.I.). Their relationship was made public in September 2001. After dating for just under 6 years, they got engaged in April 2007. They got married in July 2010 in a romantic wedding held at the Miami Beach, Florida. After their marriage, she became stepmother to his three children – two sons, Messiah Ya’Majesty and Domani Uriah, and a daughter, Deyjah Imani Harris. Tameka gave birth to their first son King Harris in August 2004. They welcomed their second son Major Philant Harris into their family in May 2008. In March 2007, she had to endure a heartbreak as gave birth to her daughter Lelah Amore Harris, who was stillborn. In December 2015, they announced that Tameka was once again pregnant. She gave birth to a daughter, Heiress Diana Harris in March 2016. In December 2016, she decided to file for divorce. In September 2017, it was reported that they were giving reconciliation a try. However, these rumors turned out to be false.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has African American ancestry. While, on her mother’s side, she has Caucasian ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
But, she has experimented with a variety of hair colors over the years.
Dark Brown (Natural)
But in October 2014, she underwent a surgical procedure to lighten the natural brown pigmentation of the irises.
- Short stature
- Curvaceous figure
- Often experiments with hair colors
Tameka Cottle has promoted her fair share of products through her social media accounts.
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
Being a member of the popular R&B group, Xscape, which have released several ‘Platinum’ certified albums. Their two studio albums – Off the Hook and Hummin’ Comin’ at ‘Cha were especially huge hits and managed to peak at 3rd position on U.S. Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop albums chart.
Her first album with her rap group was Hummin’ Comin’ at ‘Cha, which sold over a million copies. It was released in October 1993 and managed to reach 17th spot on Billboard 200 charts.
Although she has been performing for about two and half decades, she released her first solo single What the F*ck You Gon Do? in July 2014.
In July 1995, she made her theatrical film debut in the family drama movie, The Street Corner Kids: The Sequel.
First TV Show
In 1993, Tameka Cottle made her first TV show appearance on the music talk show, Soul Train.
Tameka has hired a personal trainer Kory Phillips so as to make sure that she gets most out of her workouts. In the gym, they give special attention to her midsection. In fact, she loves working on her abs. To preserve her tiny waist, she also uses waist trainer and wears it for a couple of days for about four to five hours a day.
Her other favorite body part is legs and for her legs workout, they rely on different variations of squats. Phillips also keeps on varying her workouts to keep it interesting and fun. They have also included boxing in her fitness regime.
She has also made changes to her diet to complement her efforts in the gym. Tameka has completely given up red meat. Instead, she focuses on eating fish and seafood. She also eats a lot of veggies and carbs. However, she hasn’t given up bread. To make it up for her bread consumption, she works out a lot.
Tameka Cottle Favorite Things
Her favorite things aren’t known.
Tameka Cottle Facts
- She became a member of the R&B girls group Xscape while she was studying in high school in 1992.
- Her music group was discovered by music producer Jermaine Dupri while they were singing at his birthday party in Atlanta. He immediately signed them up to his So So Def Recordings.
- She has established her record label, Pretty Label. In fact, she decided to release her first solo single through her label.
- She roped in Kiesha Miles and her own daughter Zonnique to start her new project OMG Girlz. She has signed OMG Girlz to Pretty Label.
- In 2017, she announced that she has become the owner of Atlanta Heirs basketball team that would compete in newly created Global Mixed Gender Basketball league.
- She has owned Atlanta based beauty salon Tiny’s Nail Bar in the past. It was destroyed in a fire on the Labour Day.
- In September 2010, Tameka and her then-husband T.I. were arrested in Los Angeles. The police discovered odor of burnt marijuana coming from their car during a routine stop and they later found controlled substance, ecstasy in their vehicle.
- She turned producer for the reality TV show, Tiny & Toya, which was centered around her and Antonia Carter’s (also known as Toya) daily life and their equation with their children.
- In January 2021, Tameka and T.I. were accused of s*xual abuse by several women. However, they denied all the accusations.
Featured Image by Tameka Cottle / Instagram