|Taylor Hawkins Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||February 17, 1972|
|Date of Death||March 25, 2022|
Taylor Hawkins was an American musician, singer, and songwriter best known as the drummer of the rock band Foo Fighters, with which he went on to work on multiple albums including There Is Nothing Left to Lose, Concrete and Gold, In Your Honor, Medicine at Midnight, Sonic Highways, Wasting Light, Saint Cecilia, One by One, and Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace. As a member of Foo Fighters, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2021. Also, Taylor Hawkins served as the touring drummer for singer Sass Jordan and for Alanis Morissette as well as the drummer in the progressive experimental band Sylvia.
Oliver Taylor Hawkins
He was born on February 17, 1972.
On March 25, 2022, Taylor Hawkins passed away at the age of 50 in Bogotá, Colombia. It was announced by the Colombian authorities that a preliminary urine toxicology test indicated that Hawkins had 10 substances in his system at the time of his death.
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
He resided in Hidden Hills, Los Angeles County, California, United States.
Taylor Hawkins studied at Laguna Beach High School, from where he graduated in 1990.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – Oliver Hawkins
- Mother – Elizabeth (Broome)
- Siblings – Jason (Brother), Heather (Sister)
As a member of Foo Fighters, Taylor Hawkins was signed with MBC PR, Public Relations Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
Alternative Rock, Punk Rock, Post-grunge, Alternative Metal, Progressive Rock
Drums, Percussion, Piano, Vocals, Guitar
RCA Records, Capitol, Roswell Records, Thrive, Kobalt
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth was $40 Million at the time of his death.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Taylor Hawkins had dated –
- Minnie Driver (1998) – He had a short-termed romance with actor and singer Minnie Driver in the year 1998.
- Alison Hawkins (2005-2022) – Taylor Hawkins got married to Alison in 2005 and they were blessed with 3 children – Oliver, Annabelle, and Everleigh. The couple remained together until his death in 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
Taylor Hawkins was of English descent.
Sported long hair
Taylor Hawkins Facts
- In 1976, he shifted to Laguna Beach, California, along with his family.
- During high school, Taylor Hawkins was friends with Jon Davison (the lead vocalist of progressive rock band Yes).
- He was best friends with Dave Grohl, who described Hawkins as “my brother from another mother, my best friend, a man for whom I would take a bullet” in his 2021 memoir, The Storyteller.
- In August 2001, he overdosed on heroin and was in a coma for 2 weeks. Dave Grohl was beside his hospital bed in London for 2 weeks until he woke up.
- Talking about the 2001 incident to Beats 1 host Matt Wilkinson in 2018, Taylor Hawkins said: “I was partying a lot. I wasn’t a junkie per se, but I was partying. There was a year where the partying just got a little too heavy. Thank God on some level this guy gave me the wrong line with the wrong thing one night and I woke up going, ‘What the f*ck happened?’ That was a real changing point for me.”
- In 2005, he was voted “Best Rock Drummer” by the British drumming magazine Rhythm.
- Some of Hawkins’ drumming influences included classic rock drummers like Phil Collins of Genesis, Stewart Copeland of The Police, Budgie of Siouxsie and the Banshees, Roger Taylor of Queen, Stephen Perkins of Jane’s Addiction, Ringo Starr of The Beatles, Jim Gordon of Derek and the Dominos, Neil Peart of Rush, and Alex Van Halen of Van Halen.
Featured Image by Raphael Pour-Hashemi / Flickr / CC BY 2.0