|Tom Odell Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||November 24, 1990|
Tom Odell is an English singer, songwriter, and musician who has released albums, tracks, and extended plays like Long Way Down, Jubilee Road, Another Love, Wrong Crowd, Monsters, Songs from Another Love, Grow Old with Me, I Know, If You Wanna Love Somebody, Can’t Pretend, Hold Me, Half as Good as You, Jealousy, Money, Monster, Go Tell Her Now, Magnetised, Real Love, and True Colours.
Thomas Peter Odell
Chichester, West Sussex, England, United Kingdom
Tom went to Seaford College, a boarding school located at East Lavington, West Sussex, where he studied piano.
He wanted to continue his education at the University of New York, but he decided to get a place at the music college in Liverpool. Later, Tom enrolled himself at the Brighton Institute of Modern Music, where he was a part of a band named Tom and the Tides.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician
- Father – Timothy Peter Odell (Airline Pilot)
- Mother – Caroline Mary (Dorrington) (Primary School Teacher)
- Siblings – Tom has one older sister.
- Others – Peter Charles Dorrington (Maternal Grandfather), Edna Melbourne (Maternal Grandmother)
Tom has been signed to UROK Management, Talent Management Company, London, England, United Kingdom.
Indie pop, Folk-pop
Vocals, piano, keyboard, organ, guitar
Columbia, In the Name Of, RCA records
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
80 kg or 176 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom Odell dated –
- Taylor Swift (2013) – Thomas had an encounter with the popular American singer Taylor Swift in February 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
Tom Odell is of English and Irish descent.
- Blonde hair and blue eyes
- A very clear and strong voice
Best Known For
Tom is best known for his great voice and his songs. His debut single “Another Love” became very popular since its official release in 2012.
He is also known for releasing the album Long Way Down (2013) and the extended play entitled Songs from Another Love (2012).
Tom released his first extended play (EP) by the name Songs from Another Love in 2012.
But, Long Way Down is the name of Tom’s debut album which was released on June 24, 2013, via Columbia Records. The album is 35 minutes and 20 seconds long. Long Way Down contains 10 tracks including one of his best singles, Another Love in the standard edition.
First TV Show
Odell had his first appearance in the music-based talk show Later with Jools Holland in 2012. He appeared as himself in the episode, which aired on November 30, 2012.
Tom Odell Favorite Things
- Track Of The Album “Long Way Down” – Supposed to Be
- His Song That He Loves To Play – Hold Me
- Place In The World To Perform – New York
Tom Odell Facts
- Because his father worked as an airline pilot, Tom had lived in New Zealand for a part of his life.
- Odell started writing songs when he was thirteen, but he kept this as his secret because he didn’t feel good about it.
- While still studying, Tom used to take his grandmother’s car so he can travel to London to perform in the shows and to put advertisements in music schools.
- He shifted to London in 2010.
- Odell grew up listening to Elton John’s albums and songs. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (1973) is one of Elton’s first albums, Tom listened to.
- Some of his other musical influences have been David Bowie, Jeff Buckley, Bob Dylan, Arthur Russell, Leonard Cohen, Leon Russell, Billy Joel, Randy Newman, Tom Waits, Rodríguez, and Bruce Springsteen.
- Because he didn’t want to rely on other people, he started his career as a solo artist.
- He once worked as a barman.
- Tom was discovered by Lily Allen, the head of In the Name Of label, who said that Odell reminded her of David Bowie. In the Name Of label has shut down now.
- At the 2014 Ivor Novello Awards ceremony, Odell was named “Songwriter of the Year.”
- Tom’s song Grow Old With Me was used in an episode of the TV series Reign.
- Odell is a fan of Adele, Ben Folds, Beach House, Blue, Cat Power, James Blake, Radiohead, Blur, Radiohead, Coldplay, and Arcade Fire.
- He has said that his lyrics are inspired by his “inability to sustain a relationship with someone for longer than six months.” He has stated, “I find that I write much better songs when I’m being honest, and writing about things that happen to me. It can get a little weird though, when friends or girlfriends work out that a song is about them. But it’s amazing what you can get away with it. Artistic license, I think they call it.”
- Tom said that he gets inspiration to write lyrics by his inability to stay in a relationship for more than six months.
- Check his official website @ tomodell.com.