Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Brooklyn, New York, USA
After finishing high school, Tommy studied for a Bachelor’s degree in Theatre Performance at Fordham University, Lincoln Center in NYC.
Actor, LGBTQ activist
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tommy Dorfman has dated –
- Peter Zurkuhlen (2013–Present) – Tommy met his Food & Tech Entrepreneur husband at a friend’s housewarming party in 2012. He felt an instant magnetic connection with him the moment they started talking, and by the end of the evening, Tommy was sure of spending the rest of his life with Peter. The two got engaged in April 2015 and got married in a ceremony organized in Portland, Maine on November 12, 2016. They live in an apartment in NYC.
Race / Ethnicity
Hazel (has tones of both green and brown)
- Sharp Jawline
- Small, sharp nose
- Chest – 40 in or 102 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
9.5 (US) or 9 (UK) or 43.5 (EU)
Has not endorsed any brand commercially.
Best Known For
Playing the self-confident and feisty Liberty High school student named Ryan Shaver in the drama-mystery 13 Reasons Why.
Tommy was seen in the short film Foreign Exchange as Jason in 2009.
First TV Show
In 2017, Tommy was first seen as a gay character named Ryan Shaver in 13 Reasons Why based on a novel of the same name by Jay Asher published in 2007.
- Tommy enjoys dance, hence prefers a dance based exercise class to burn calories such as 305fitness in NYC.
- He usually trains at Equinox gym.
- In terms of diet, he is a self-proclaimed foodie. He occasionally cooks at home but also opts for healthy take-out meals from places like Chipotle.
- He does not drink alcohol and prefers tea and cold-pressed juices.
Tommy Dorfman Favorite Things
- Coffee / Café – Octane
- Ramen Noodle Restaurant – Ton Ton Ramen, Ponce City Market, Atlanta
- Hometown Juicery – Arden’s Garden
- Juice – Grandslam (@Arden’s Garden): Lemon, Ginger, Cranberry, and Wheatgrass
- Hometown Shop – Sid Mashburn
- Amusement Park – Six Flags Over Georgia
- Amusement Park Ride – Superman
- Hometown Restaurant – Kimball House
- Hometown Place – Paris on Ponce (antique store, vintage retailer cum art gallery)
- Face Wash – Evan Healy
- Moisturizer – Elta MD with SPF
- Toner – The Little Barn Apothecary toner, Evan Healy (Rose & Chamomile Toner)
- Eye Cream – The Little Barn carrot seed eye cream roll
- Highlighter – Glossier Haloscope (Moonstone or Quartz)
- Exfoliator – YSL (twice a week)
Source – DU Jour, Very Good Light
Tommy Dorfman Facts
- He says his parents knew he was gay the moment he was born and waved a jazz hand in the air.
- He took classical Ballet lessons in school and performed with the Atlanta Ballet company.
- His current fashion forward sensibility developed after years of emotional turmoil in school. Tommy preferred wearing female clothing in an attempt to look more like the Spice Girls. He got badly bullied for it and switched to wearing his older brother’s clothes even though he felt miserable.
- Once Tommy realized he was gay, he came out of the closet by updating his orientation on his Facebook page.
- At the age of 14, he started dating much older guys in their 20s to get comfortable with his sexuality since there were no gay guys in his class.
- He started abusing drugs in his late teens and early twenties and revealed that his husband-to-be was the only person who showed concern without judgment. Six months after meeting Peter, he went to rehab and got sober.
- With the privilege of being a working gay actor, Tommy feels a sense of responsibility to support marginalized members of LGBTQ community.
- With fellow actress, Alisha Boe and executive producer, Selena Gomez, Tommy got matching tattoos; a semi-colon on their wrist each. It stands for suicide prevention initiated by the non-profit organization, Project Semicolon which advocates mental health all over the globe.
- Tommy’s dream role is to play the first gay superhero or be a part of a gay romantic-comedy, preferably opposite Matt Bomer.
- Follow Tommy on Twitter and Instagram.