|Tyson Ritter Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||April 24, 1984|
Tyson Ritter is an American singer, actor, and musician known for being the lead vocalist of All-American Rejects. He has released numerous singles such as Sweat, Heartbeat Slowing Down, Swing, Swing, and I Wanna. He does not like the entitled and competitive environment of Los Angeles and takes a break from that city by living in Florida whenever he is not traveling or touring for work.
Tyson Jay Ritter
Stillwater, Oklahoma, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Florida, United States
Tyson Ritter graduated early from Stillwater High School in 2000 to focus on his music career. His mother made him come back and walk with the rest of his class during the official graduation ceremony in 2002.
Ritter never enrolled in a college because he found success with his first album that always kept him on the road as a performer.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Actor, Model, Investor in various Tech Companies
- Father – Tim Jay Ritter (Mechanic)
- Mother – Tracy Jean Rains née Lyons (Stillwater Public School Employee)
- Siblings – Dr. Zack S. Ritter (Older Brother) (Endodontist), Bailey Ritter (Younger Sister)
- Others – Randy Rains (Stepfather), Riley Rains (Step-Brother), Marina Silagadze (Mother-in-law) (Former Opera singer), Melissa Jackson (Sister-in-law) (Dentist), Edwina Janora Lyons Sherman (Maternal Grandmother), Tony Eugene Lyons (Maternal Grandfather)
Tyson is represented by –
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA)
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners
- Behr Abramson Levy Law Firm
Alternative Rock, Pop Punk, Power Pop, Pop Rock
Vocals, Bass Guitar, Piano, Keyboards, Guitar, Vibraphone, Recorder, Pedal Steel, Marxophone
- Doghouse Records
- Dreamworks Records
- Interscope Records
- David Geffen Company (DGC)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ritter told Papermag that he was in a continuous series of serious relationships since the age of 15. He turned single in 2009 and explored casual dating for sometime before getting married to his wife, Elena.
Tyson has dated –
- Taylor Swift – His mother shared on a Facebook post that he went out on two dates with Taylor Swift.
- Kimberly Katherine Smith aka Kim Smith (2004–2008) – Tyson was in a relationship with model turned actress Kim Smith for nearly 5 years. With his band, he released a song called Gives You Hell (2008) based on their relationship and subsequent break-up. Kim’s modeling and acting career became inactive after 2010.
- Elena Satine (2012–Present) – Elena is a Georgian-American actress who was working on the Miami, Florida based drama Magic City (2012–2013) when she started dating Tyson. The couple announced their engagement in April 2013. They got married on New Year’s Eve later that year in the presence of 50 family members and close friends. The couple organized a country-chic themed beach wedding in Seaside, Florida that had fireworks and wish lanterns.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, German, and a smaller amount of Irish ancestry.
- Gaunt face and thin build
- Thick, dense eyebrows
- Usually maintains an unruly hairstyle
- Crooked smile, his mouth tends to get lopsided towards the right side while talking and smiling
- Tyson lived in NYC for a year and got signed to Ford Models. His first modeling job was for Earl Jeans with Gisele Bundchen. After that, he was hired as a model for Hugo Boss Orange Fall / Winter 2008, Spring / Summer 2009 and Original Penguin Fall / Winter 2009.
- He was also cast as the brand ambassador of Thursday Boots (2017).
Best Known For
- Being the bass guitarist and lead vocalist of the band called All-American Rejects
- Appearing as Humperdoo/The Messiah in the supernatural series called Preacher that aired on AMC Network
- His supporting roles in several feature films over the years such as Peppermint (2018) starring Jennifer Garner and Miss You Already (2015) starring Drew Barrymore
As a member of the All-American Rejects, he released a self-titled studio album with Doghouse Records in 2002 that was certified ‘Platinum’ by the Recording Industry Association of American (RIAA) and peaked at #25 on the Billboard 200 Album chart.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as ‘Himself’ in the Wakeboarding Rejects episode of Destination Soundcheck in 2003.
- Tyson told Rolling Stones magazine in an interview that he used to weigh more than 200 pounds in his teens. In 9th grade, Tyson weighed 215 pounds and had a 40-inch waist. When he moved to New York City and signed with Ford modeling agency, his waistline was 30 inches.
- The musician lost all his excess weight by running 5 miles every day. He did not use a workout playlist to accompany his runs because he felt it interfered with his musical creativity. Tyson put together all the songs for his first demo album while running. After covering his daily miles, he would immediately visit bandmate Nick Wheeler to share the lyrics that came to his mind while running.
- Running continues to be Tyson’s primary mode of exercise. He likes to smoke and drink.
Tyson Ritter Favorite Things
- Song – Big Bamboo (1994) by Mighty Sparrow
- AAR Album – Move Along (2005)
- Home Town Place – Boomer Lake
- Music To Listen To – Calypso, Harry Belafonte, 1950s Motown Records, Classical music
- Fashion Icon – Tilda Swinton
- Life Advice – “Change is the only constant in life, embrace it.”
- Food – Mexican food available in Oklahoma, Deli sandwiches in NYC
- Rock Band (While Growing Up) – AC/DC
- Song (To Perform) – It Ends Tonight
Tyson Ritter Facts
- The musician’s earliest memory of taking to music was watching musicals with his grandmother.
- His band-mate, Nick Wheeler was also his school mate, and they are best friends ever since they first collaborated.
- Tyson first saw Nick Wheeler playing in a band at a birthday party. When he found out that he was looking for a guitar player, Ritter offered to join him even though he had no idea how to play that instrument. Tyson’s parents gifted him a guitar at Christmas, and he spent his remaining holidays learning to play that instrument so he could collaborate with Wheeler.
- The two started practicing in his father’s garage and would perform at any local birthday party or parking lot gathering to gain experience of performing in front of a crowd.
- The debut single of Tyson’s band was Swing, Swing released in December 2002. Tyson wrote the lyrics, and Nick Wheeler composed the music. The song was based on Tyson’s difficult relationship with this ex-girlfriend.
- A 16-year-old intern at Doghouse Records was responsible for discovering the All-American Rejects. She picked up a few demo CDs from the office trash to listen to and liked Nick and Tyson’s demo so much that she persuaded the record owner who was also her uncle to consider them seriously. Soon after, the remaining band members, Mike Kennerty and Chris Gaylor joined Nick and Tyson to complete the band.
- As of 2012, Tyson still owned the van he started touring in with his band in 1999. He learned how to tinker and troubleshoot vehicles in case of a break down from his father who worked as a mechanic for several decades.
- The musician has also attempted carpentry and is also capable of altering his clothes on a sewing machine.
- Like his band members, Tyson has his band’s initials tattooed on the right side of his chest. Later, he got a power outlet drawn on his right shoulder from where cord plugs connect into his AAR initials. He also has a tornado symbol on his back below his right armpit.
- Ritter is one of the several celebrity investors in Hooch application.
- Follow his band on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube VEVO.
- To find out more about the musician, follow him on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Anna Enriquez / Flickr / CC BY-2.0