|Wamiqa Gabbi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 29, 1993|
Wamiqa Gabbi is an Indian actress and dancer who is known for having been cast in various Punjabi, Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, and Telugu films including Jab We Met, Sixteen, Tu Mera 22 Main Tera 22, Nikka Zaildar 2, Love Aaj Kal, Ishq Brandy, Mausam, Maalai Nerathu Mayakkam, Bhale Manchi Roju, Parahuna, Dil Diyan Gallan, and Nikka Zaildar 3.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Wamiqa Gabbi studied at St. Xavier’s Senior Secondary School in Chandigarh and then graduated from DAV College, Chandigarh.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Wamiqa Gabbi is of Punjabi descent.
- Beautiful eyes
- Toned physique
Wamiqa Gabbi Facts
- She played the role of Yash, Geet’s cousin, in the 2007 romantic comedy film, Jab We Met, starring Kareena Kapoor and Shahid Kapoor.
- She was in 8th class when she appeared in Jab We Met. She got the role through her dance academy’s owner as he was the co-ordinator of Hindi films.
- Wamiqa Gabbi is also a trained Kathak dancer.
- In 2013, she was cast as Mini in the Punjabi comedy film, Tu Mera 22 Main Tera 22 (English: You’re my brother & I’m your brother), starring alongside Amrinder Gill, Yo Yo Honey Singh, and Mandy Takhar. This role got her nominated for the 2014 PTC Punjabi Film Award for “Best Supporting Actress”.
- She co-starred alongside Balakrishna Kola in the 2016 Tamil romantic drama film, Maalai Naerathu Mayakkam, in which she appeared as Manoja. For this role, she was nominated at the Malaysia Edison Awards, Filmfare Awards South, and South Indian International Movie Awards in the “Best Debut Actress” category in 2017.
- Wamiqa Gabbi portrayed the character of Aditi Singh, a Punjab University wrestling champion, in the 2017 Indian Malayalam-language sports comedy film, Godha, for which she bagged the 2018 Flowers Indian Film Award for “Best Debut Actress”.
- She has also garnered an impressive fan base on social media with more than 2 million followers on Instagram.
Featured Image by Wamiqa Gabbi / Instagram