|Algenis Perez Soto Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||Unknown|
Algenis Perez Soto is a Dominican actor who is known for starring as Miguel in the sports drama movie, Sugar, which was released in 2008. The movie revolves around the life of a boy who is trying hard to make it to the big leagues while also trying to bid farewell to his days of poverty. Another breakthrough for Algenis Perez Soto came when he was cast as Att-Lass, a fictional character, in the sci-fi superhero action adventure film, Captain Marvel, in 2019. He has also been a part of several other projects which include movies such as Sambá, La Isla Rota, and Isolated Victim. Moreover, Algenis Perez Soto is also popular on social media and has garnered quite a fan base for himself on Instagram.
Algenis Perez Soto
San Pedro De Macoris, Dominican Republic
Algenis Perez Soto resides in the United States.
Algenis Perez Soto has graduated high school and has also taken computer classes.
- Father – Owner of a small business
- Mother – A high school secretary
- Siblings – Algenis Perez Soto has 1 older and 1 younger brother.
Algenis Perez Soto is represented by ARPR AGENCY.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Algenis Perez Soto has dated –
- Anabelle Acosta – Algenis Perez Soto is in a relationship with Cuban-born American actress, Anabelle Acosta. Both Algenis and Anabelle keep their fans updated on their relationship by posting their pictures on their respective social media accounts. The duo is often seen together enjoying in one another’s company as well as attending several events.
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Pierced Ears
- Pointed chin
Best Known For
- Having been cast as Att-Lass in the American superhero sci-fi action adventure film, Captain Marvel, in 2019. The film starred the likes of Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Djimon Hounsou, Lee Pace, Lashana Lynch, Gemma Chan, Annette Bening, Clark Gregg, and Jude Law.
- Appearing as Miguel in the sports drama film, Sugar, in 2008. The film revolves around the struggles of a baseball player who is trying to rise from his status as an amateur player to a major league player while also trying to lift himself and his family from poverty so that they all can see better days.
Algenis Perez Soto made his first theatrical film appearance as Miguel in the sports drama film, Sugar, in 2008. Apart from Soto, the cast of the movie included the likes of Karl Bury, Michael Gaston, Jaime Tirelli, Andre Holland, Sándor Técsy, Ellary Porterfield, and Karolina Wydra.
Algenis Perez Soto works out on a regular basis to maintain a stunning body. His workout before work comprises of 200 push-ups and 200 sit-ups. Moreover, he also indulges in rigorous boxing sessions which further help him tone his body and attain a shredded body.
View this post on Instagram
Breaking A Sweat Before Work With @therealbruce13 /// Sudando Un Poco Antes De Ir A Trabajar #🥊 #Repost @therealbruce13 (@get_repost) ・・・ #mittwork with #algenisperezsoto #actor #captainmarvel #boxer #realdeal #throwback #blackandwhite #thanks @agentnickyc for the Stallone shirt #instafit #instagram #instagood #boxing
Algenis Perez Soto Facts
- He was raised, along with his two brothers, in Quisqueya which is a suburb of San Pedro de Macoris in the Dominican Republic.
- While growing up, Algenis Perez Soto aspired to become a professional baseball player.
- He wanted to be scouted by an agent so much that he played amateur baseball for 3 years. During that time, he mostly played shortstop or second base.
- Algenis Perez Soto was discovered by the American filmmaking duo, Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, while he was busy playing a baseball game with his friends. Soon after, the duo interviewed him for the role of Miguel in the sports drama movie, Sugar (2008), and he secured the part.
- Around 500 actors interviewed for the part in Sugar but it was Algenis Perez Soto who finally secured the role.
- Before his career in the entertainment industry started flourishing, he had taken a couple of jobs which including working as a front desk clerk at a hotel located in San Pedro.
- Algenis Perez Soto is fluent in Dominican Spanish and can also speak English. However, he only knew a little English until he started working in the film, Sugar.
- He has also been a part of a couple of other movies such as Sambá, Isolated Victim, and La Isla Rota.
- Follow Algenis Perez Soto on Instagram.
Featured Image by Algenis Perez Soto / Instagram