|Alicia Vikander Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5½ in|
|Date of Birth||October 3, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Alicia Vikander is a Swedish actress, voiceover artist, dancer, model, and producer who is known for her roles like Jossan Tegebrandt Björn in Andra Avenyn, Gerda Wegener in The Danish Girl, Gaby Teller in The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Lara Croft in Tomb Raider, Caroline Matilda of Great Britain in A Royal Affair, Kitty in Anna Karenina, Fragancia Fernandez in The Crown Jewels, Vera Brittain in Testament of Youth, Ava in Ex Machina, Isabel Graysmark Sherbourne in The Light Between Oceans, Young Gloria Steinem in The Glorias, and Faith in One Red Nose Day and a Wedding. Over the years, she has won numerous accolades including an Academy Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award, in addition to nominations for at least two Golden Globe Awards and three British Academy Film Awards.
Alicia Amanda Vikander
London, England, United Kingdom
When Alicia was 9, she started attending Royal Swedish Ballet School in Gothenburg to learn ballet and moved from there at 15 to take admission in an upper-level dancing school in Stockholm.
She also took admission in a law school. But, as she was interested to become an actress, she never went to school, even for a single day.
Actress, Dancer, Model, Voiceover Artist, Writer
- Father – Svante Vikander (Psychiatrist)
- Mother – Maria Fahl Vikander (Stage Actress)
- Siblings – None. She has 5 paternal half-siblings.
- Others – Erik Yngve Vikander (Paternal Grandfather), Ingrid Maria Lundberg (Paternal Grandmother), Anders Gustaf Edvard Fahl (Maternal Grandfather), Solveig/Solweig Waldemarsdotter/Valdemarsdotter (Maternal Grandmother)
Alicia has been signed with these agencies –
- Tavistock Wood Management, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
As a model, she has also signed with Tomorrow Management.
5 ft 5½ in or 166 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alicia Vikander has dated –
- Alexander Skarsgård (2012) – Alicia dated fellow Swedish actor Alexander Skarsgård from January 2012 to March 2012.
- Michael Fassbender (2014-Present) – The ON and OFF relationship started between Irish actor Michael Fassbender and Alicia in November 2014. They first met while filming the 2016 film The Light Between Oceans. The couple ended their relationship in September 2015. But, later got back together. They got married on October 14, 2017, in Ibiza, Spain. In September 2021, it was revealed that the couple had welcomed their first child together, a baby boy. They had previously suffered a miscarriage before welcoming their son.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Swedish ancestry, Finnish, and Baltic German ancestry.
- Multi-talented personality
34-24-34½ in or 86-61-88 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
She has advertised for fashion label Louis Vuitton for their Fall / Winter 2015 collection. She was announced as their brand ambassador.
Best Known For
- Playing Jossan Tegebrandt Björn in the Sveriges Television’s drama and opera series Andra Avenyn from 2007 to 2008.
- Appearing in A Royal Affair (2012), Pure (2010), Testament of Youth (2014), and as Lara Croft in Tomb Raider (2018).
In 2007, she appeared in a short film Darkness of Truth for her role as Sandra Svensson.
She appeared in a couple of short films until 2009 and in 2010, made her debut with her first feature film Pure in which she starred as Katarina.
First TV Show
In 2005, she played Tony in the television series En decemberdröm in just three episodes.
Alicia Vikander Favorite Things
Source – IMDb
Alicia Vikander Facts
- Her name is pronounced as “ah-lis-see-a vi-can-derr”.
- When she was 5 months old, her parents separated, who actually are from small Swedish villages.
- For the most part, Alicia was raised by her single mother. But, she used to visit her dad’s house after every 2 weeks.
- Her dance career almost ended at 16 and after certain injuries, she stopped it and instead focused on her acting career.
- In her late teens, she auditioned for a drama school for which she was declined two times.
- She is a trained ballerina.
- She got to play Kitty in Anna Karenina (2012) after Saoirse Ronan didn’t accept the offer. Later, she appeared in Seventh Son (2014) as Jennifer Lawrence left the film production.
- Since young, she is using a skincare product called Hudsalva which she purchases from a pharmacy shop. She uses it mainly for her lips, but according to Alicia, we can even cook with it.
- She learned to speak Danish for her role in A Royal Affair (2012).
- She almost got the role of Snow White in Snow White and the Huntsman. Alicia was also sent to Los Angeles to read for the role, but Kristen Stewart got the role finally.
- She was first considered for the films The Circle (2016), and Assassin’s Creed (2016), but later dropped her.
- In 2020, she was cast as young Gloria Steinem (ages 20–40), an American feminist journalist and social-political activist, in the American biographical drama film, The Glorias. She co-starred in the film alongside Julianne Moore, Timothy Hutton, Lorraine Toussaint, Janelle Monáe, and Bette Midler.
- She is not on social media.